Problem in Fiat Punto's CD Player

Thread Starter #1
hey guys
i have a punto emo pk which gets a company fitted music player but i am experiencing a problem in it since long time which i never paid attention to as i dint listen much songs due to the poor company speakers but i now have a nice set of speakers and a woofer so coming to the problem .
when i play a cd which contains audio files the songs dont play properly they continuously keep skipping 2 3 seconds i tried many cds some songs play fine but most wont ,is any one facing the same thing?? . also when i insert a pendrive it does not reads all the songs keeps on repeating some songs . what should i do help please .
thanx

Re: problem in punto's cd player

Hello Vishal,

There could be various reasons for this. I will mention few points for you which might help you.

1. Have you tried some original Discs yet ? Are these regular Audio CDs or MP3 files ?

2.If you are burning the CDs use lower speeds like 8x/10x, especially for MP3 files. This greatly reduces the chance of skipping. Check the bitrate of the MP3 files.
Some players may not respond well with high spec MP3 files ( 320 kbits/s, VBR and sampling above 44.1 Khz). So you may want to recheck and burn some standard files.

3.CD skipping may occur because of dirty lens. Try some CD Lens cleaners first.

4. The HU may become faulty and time to replace or claim warranty if you have .

5. Does the CD skipping problem vary with outside temperature ? like only in the morning or after playing for 1/2 hr ?

6. The USB playing problem could be because of the the way it was programmed. For instance, some player may just use root folder and only few subfolders to search for songs. So check how you have placed your files. I would suggest check the owners manual / Audio Guide for the way it should behave and see the difference.

After clearing all these, if you still have issues then probably your Unit is gone. :(

Report us with your feedback.

Thread Starter #3

1 i tried orignal dics even they dont play properly but thats 1 in 10 times
i burn cds using nero and make an audio cd
2 no they arent 320 kbit/s ones not all of them
3 yeah i thought of cleaning using cd cleaner was lazy [;)]
5 no nothing like the temprature thing
4 will go to the workshop then
thanks for your reply

hey guys
i have a punto emo pk which gets a company fitted music player but i am experiencing a problem in it since long time which i never paid attention to as i dint listen much songs due to the poor company speakers but i now have a nice set of speakers and a woofer so coming to the problem .
when i play a cd which contains audio files the songs dont play properly they continuously keep skipping 2 3 seconds i tried many cds some songs play fine but most wont ,is any one facing the same thing?? .
Bad CD or dirty lens, not a big issue. Just get the lens cleaned.

also when i insert a pendrive it does not reads all the songs keeps on repeating some songs . what should i do help please .
thanx
You are 'Loop' mode. Go to settings -> media player -> Loop, switch Loop to Off. Done.

Top Bottom