Premier Rio - First look

Thread Starter #16
This attitude is really not good for their future. They should appreciate that atleast someone is interested in td of their outdated car. Buddy dont bother to visit them, let them call you up.
Well, I saw your post a bit too late!

My collegue had registered with them for a TD, though he did not want to drive. They had told him that they will call up. Forget about calling the next day, they call up after a week and ask him if he has decided about buying the car!!!

Wait, it gets worse. He received a "SMS" today asking him to come and have a TD. They dont have the courtesy to call him up and inform.

The Sagar automobiles guy was so much better than this for he had called me 3-4 times asking if I want to take a TD of Ritz.

Still, with aspirations, we went to the showroom. The Sales guy (there is only one stout guy there), was standing at the door outside like blocking us from entering inside. When we mentioned to him about the SMS, he says casually that they have sent to all the people who have registered. According to him there are lot of people waiting to take the TD.[lol] So it is going to be another 3 to 4 days.
Till now I have seen the car only once outside and I am sure it was one of their guys driving it.

I am sorry but I don't think I will be going back to TD this car. Neither the car nor the people deserve any respect.

If somebody else from TAI gets a chance and the "will" to TD, I would request them to update it here.

From my point of view:
The Premier Showroom in Bangalore gets a BIG [thumbsdown] especially because of the Sales Rep.

Last edited:
Their approach is really unprofessional. They havent let you td the car and asking you whether you want to buy it or not. Premier is not nissan that it will get 400bookings even without a td.

This approach is very bad and is going to do no good for them!

I recall an incident when we were planning to buy an SUV we considered Scorpio also but finally got Safari only. My dad went to a Mahindra dealer to get the brochure and details about Scorpio and so they collected my dad's visiting card. And from the next day they kept on calling my dad daily to enquire what my dad has decided , in stark contrast to this Premier dealer! And also note that Scorpio was in a peak during 2006 and they need not have gone behind customers to sell Scorpio!

Thread Starter #19
This approach is very bad and is going to do no good for them!

I recall an incident when we were planning to buy an SUV we considered Scorpio also but finally got Safari only. My dad went to a Mahindra dealer to get the brochure and details about Scorpio and so they collected my dad's visiting card. And from the next day they kept on calling my dad daily to enquire what my dad has decided , in stark contrast to this Premier dealer! And also note that Scorpio was in a peak during 2006 and they need not have gone behind customers to sell Scorpio!
That shows how serious they are/were about their business.

As a matter of fact, I got a call from Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore, just a few minutes back. This is the same guy I had met in March/April and had shown a willing to go for i10. He called me again today to ask about my decision about buying it.

I will be overly surprised if even one Rio gets sold unless somebody has some not so straight forward reason to buy it, you see what I mean?
It is a different issue that they are trying to sell a BS-III car when BS-IV is mandatory since April 2010 in 13 cities including Bangalore.

350Z

Core Team
A very pathetic attitude from PAL and it appears that they are once again going to loose the game a very big time. Either their dealers or the manufacturer itself is considering the market just taken for granted. They already didn’t have a so good reputation which is now only going to get worse; it’ll be really difficult for them to get back into the race whenever they wake up.

JammyD said:
When we mentioned to him about the SMS, he says casually that they have sent to all the people who have registered. According to him there are lot of people waiting to take the TD.
:lol!::lol!:

JammyD said:
If somebody else from TAI gets a chance and the "will" to TD, I would request them to update it here.
I don't think any of us here will even show their "will" to test the car after reading your experience, leave alone testing, even stepping inside the showroom.

Drive Safe,
350Z

hey i will still say test the rio if possible. maybe it will change mind for the price it comes? though i still dont expect anything from TUD5 engine but seeing pages long ad of rio in aci.

Thread Starter #22
hey i will still say test the rio if possible. maybe it will change mind for the price it comes? though i still dont expect anything from TUD5 engine but seeing pages long ad of rio in aci.
I might do it just for you but PAL need to call me first for that. I am not going again at their doorstep to get rejected by its Sales guy. Frankly speaking, I don't see that happening in the near future.

350Z

Core Team
If that specific dealer’s attitude is not welcoming then they are not a worth visit again. In long term, they are the ones who's going to be in a loss. When it comes to big items, especially cars, if I find seller’s attitude to be unpleasant, then I simply prefer to keep away from that place.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
I am still waiting for the premier guys to open a dealership here in Punjab even after 1 year of its launch.
And what are the PAL guys doing in BS IV cities?
Concentrate on BS III cities.
And it doesnt look that bad.
Definitely deserves a test drive, IF you can get one.

That is one elongated hatch, much like the Fusion. But, at 6L, I don't feel that it is VFM.
The showroom. Of pal is 5 mins away from my home the car looks cute and really nice ,but the story ends the moment you get inside there is no space in the back atall and it is extremely uncomfortable and the quality of interiors is 10000 miles bad then the tata nano , I seriously started respecting nano after this rio because the way nano is packaged tata must get a award for it it is seriously so nice given the price point .

Top Bottom