Premier (PAL): Auto Expo 2012 Coverage (Pictures, News, Updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started my hunt for buying a car this year & since I liked the PAL car, I searched the internet & found their site! The site has all the information about the dealer network all over India! here is the Link: Dealer Network of PAL

On the right side of the page there is list for the comprehensive prices of RiO in India for all major cities

So the Rio's getting the 1.3 Multijet.Would changing the engine help the fortunes of the Rio? Has the 1.3 Multijet helped the fortunes of the Linea/Punto?

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
Waiting for it 350Z. Please also share the overall experience of the new Rio with respect to looks, space, quality etc.
The change in fascia and also the interiors has helped it to look much better than earlier but I’m still disappointed with inside quality levels. The car lacks basic bare-bones and I cannot call it as total VFM. But from the utility aspect at this price point, I think it makes for a nice deal if one isn’t much bothered about gizmos, after sales, brand image, re-sale value etc. and wants to have the fun of owning an SUV with certain features that come standard with them (Better driving view, space etc). Premier Rio stands true to its tag line – “Be different”. Please find the brochure images attached below.

So the Rio's getting the 1.3 Multijet.Would changing the engine help the fortunes of the Rio? Has the 1.3 Multijet helped the fortunes of the Linea/Punto?
It counts as one of the deciding factors. But yes, it cannot help alone.

DSC07218.jpg

DSC07221.JPG

DSC07219.jpg

DSC07222.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks a lot 350Z. [thumbsup]
So is the face-lifted Rio already in the showrooms & have the sales started? Are the prices disclosed? The website still shows the old Rio.

Agree, that many who can't own a proper SUV will go for Rio.With new engine and the Fiat diesel engine Coming in April Rio could be a hit among the masses.May be Rio is for someone who want little bit different,may not a hatch or a sedan. Well coming to looks that it is not bad nor excellent design can say better than a Tata Manza.Surely there is a fan following of Rio.
+1 to that

They have to come up with good marketing campaigns to fetch good numbers.

If premier is ready to give service good service network, then definitely I'll go for this than a mini XYLO. Even though XYLO is a champ on its reliability and owner satisfaction, I don't like it simply due to its balloon like inflated interiors. If I'll spent my hard earned money, I need a good looking (both in and out) and a reliable stuff.

But I can't expect this from Premier, so the only option left is to go for XYLO with a little hesitation.

Guys the showroom for rio is just 5 min away from my home in chembur I even took a test ride of it the petrol version a very small test ride ( they only offer a half km ride )and the breaks were very bad . The guy who is the owner of the dealership told me that parts are very cheap I don't remember the prices but they were cheap they give 3 years of warranty and also road side assistance and the service center is also very close to my house I liked the way it looks but it is not spacious to be called a mini suv . And it is not bad looking atall now only if they had say 3 to 4 dealerships in Mumbai one can think about it and if the same car was sold with a maruti badge I can assure you there would have been a waiting period of 6 months . It's just not about buying the car it's about what happens later what if the service center is closed what will one do ?

If premier is ready to give service good service network, then definitely I'll go for this than a mini XYLO. Even though XYLO is a champ on its reliability and owner satisfaction, I don't like it simply due to its balloon like inflated interiors. If I'll spent my hard earned money, I need a good looking (both in and out) and a reliable stuff.

But I can't expect this from Premier, so the only option left is to go for XYLO with a little hesitation.
Why only mini xylo if you like the ecosport and duster are also comming up .

I think both Duster and Ecosport will be priced at a higher end. Feels like Duster will cost around 8-10 lakh and Ecosport around 7-9 lakh. I hope Minixylo will be around 5-7 lakh. This is just my perception. let us see what is going to happen.

Hope premier will do well at least in Mumbai/Pune [;)]

^^^ if you consider the rio do consider it when it comes with the fiat mjd engine , and then iam sure you will hesitate to buy it because the prices will go up and will be say maybe 50,000 lesser then duster or ecosport . But yes you are right about the mini xylo if it is "good looking "then even I might add it in my consideration .

It might click in Rural India and small towns..but with head turners like Eco Sport and Duster, it doesn't stand a chance. Rio seems from the bygone era with so basic upholstery. Seriously I am not a customer for this vehicle. Indian made cars like XUV500 and Force one will smash it. ( My personal vies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom