Premier Back in Action with Rio – MJD Model Launched.

The rear space seems to be quite Okay!

We cannot even compare few hatchbacks to Rio!

But overall I think it will sell in good numbers!

Because PAL has concentrated a lot in passenger segment after a decade & hope it turns out to be a sucess!

firstly, who's gonna buy this with strong players like maruti, hyundai tata mahindra are around, with some premium brands like toyota,honda,skoda.
what about ASS, spares,reliability.Unsuccessful is my thought.

Thread Starter #63

350Z

Core Team
Exteriors looks nice for a compact SUV especially in black color but interior quality is really very cheap, I didn't liked the Blue interior combination which is seen on Govt. buses.

Coming straight to the point - My verdict is Rio is not worth considering car keeping the current network of PAL in mind, Also the quality used in vehicle is cheap and thats not a person paying 4+ lakhs would expect.

All I would say is that buyers of Rhino gets another option, but I still recommend the "Rhino" over "Rio". Hope that the condition of Premier Automobile Limited Improves with the time like Fiat.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Arun

Suspended
Rhino has actually got some competition. But the Rhino has got the upper hand purely because of more space.

Thread Starter #65

350Z

Core Team
Rhino has actually got some competition. But the Rhino has got the upper hand purely because of more space.
Not only the space but interiors and quality of Sonalika Rhino are far much more better than the Rio. However, I don't like the exterior design of that car much and Rio scores over it.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #67

350Z

Core Team
Rhino is a 8 seater and Rio can seat 4/5. They both are different and can't be compared.
Ford Endeavour is a 7/8 seater where as the Honda CR-V etc accomodates only 5 people, Still they are compared. Aren't they?
So here we are comparing both cars on the basis of price and segment they belong, Not on the basis of seating capacity.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Arun

Suspended
I was going to say the exact same thing Vibhor. Strange how cars are getting cheaper day by day.

Thread Starter #71

350Z

Core Team
No doubt, The looks and exterior design of car is good but everything including the engine is ****.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Rio looks are really cool & neat!

Has stolen the genes from safari & Endeavour.

We can call it compressed safari :)

PAL should have thought before launching a car as in they should have launched a car which could compete with the others.
And that to a deal with china (its all fake) .
The car looks good and the idea of the mini SUV is also fine but not upto the mark.[thumbsdown]

From the IAB's pictures, i like the front looks of Rio. Like Shynish M said, looks much better than i expected.

Ford Endeavour is a 7/8 seater where as the Honda CR-V etc accomodates only 5 people, Still they are compared. Aren't they?
So here we are comparing both cars on the basis of price and segment they belong, Not on the basis of seating capacity.

Drive Safe!
350Z
Since when did people compared Endy and CR-V? One is a true blue off roader and another is a soft roader. Endy's rivals are Pajero and now Fortuner.

Let me get my point straight. Rio is a mini SUV and Rhino is a MUV. One seats five and another seats 8. Rio will cost less than 7 lacs on road(with airbags and abs) and Rhino costs around 8.25 lacs(without airbags and abs) , even in pricing they are in different range. Rhino is not in a good form, its like dead, at least here in my city. Rio has started a fresh life. So, they won't fight one another.

What do you worry about the engine?

Top Bottom