Premier Back in Action with Rio – MJD Model Launched.

Thread Starter #49

350Z

Core Team
Features & Pricing of RIO.

After almost a decade of no show in the passenger segment, Premier Auto is planning to get back with the launch of the Zotye Rio on 28th October in Mumbai. The Zoyte Rio is basically a compact SUV manufactured by Chinese company Zotye Auto. The Rio is a first generation Daihatsu (owned by Toyota) Terios and will be powered by a 1.5 litre Peugeot diesel powerplant with 65bhp of power. Initially the car will be available with a 5 speed manual gearbox.
Zotye had bought the rights to the last-generation Terios from Daihatsu, which had stopped production of that version in 2005. Premier Auto is setting up separate dealerships for the Rio and aims to start 50 dealerships by next year. The mini-SUV will be priced at Rs. 5 lakhs for the basic variant and Rs. 7 lakhs for the top end variant which will come equipped with ABS and Airbags. The vehicle will be bought in as a CKD and will be assembled at Premier’s Pune plant which has an annual capacity of 20000 units.​
Source: Motorbeam

Drive Safe!
350Z

Attachments

hope the performance is good, if yes then ill get one for sure
I'm not sure about performance, as it is just 65BHP. But the engine would be great, unless Premier messes it with. The Peugeot TUD 5 is a very reliable and fuel efficient engine. Hope the turbo doesn't affect the driveability with turbo lag.

Thread Starter #54

350Z

Core Team
Rio is Here!

PAL-Zotye Launches RIO in India!

Premier launched the Rio the compact SUV between a price range of Rs 5.25-6lakh (ex-showroom, Pune). The Rio is powered by Peugeot’s 1489cc Turbo Diesel engine producing a maximum power of 64bhp@4000rpm and 152Nm@2250-3000rpm. The engine fulfills the Bharat Stage III norms and the company claims the fuel efficiency to be 16kpl.
The car will be available in three-variants, and the base model will feature power steering, front power windows, central locking and MP3 audio system. The higher variant will get ABS and alloy wheels. The colour variants will be red, white, silver, black and blue. Talking about the dealership network, the company has 30 dealers across the country and will soon expand to 100 within the next 6 months. (Source: Carlwale)

Some images from overdrive....

7T4G2958_657x490.jpg

7T4G2981_657x490.jpg

7T4G2894_657x490.jpg

7T4G2891_657x490.jpg

7T4G2870_657x490.jpg

Drive Safe!
350Z

Some nice alloys will make the car look even better.

Even the claimed mileage sounds great.

But dint like the interiors much.In the pic,the guy sitting in the rear seat was short of space & was literally pushing his legs onto the front seat.

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
Looks are basic. The features are standard as well. Nothing out of the box basically. Who'll look after A.S.S?

Zinam, you've got wok to do boy![evil]

Arun

Suspended
If it were that cramped, I'd rather buy a hatchback. I am 5'8" and on the heavier side.In my Estilo when the seat is pushed back completely I feel extremely uncomfortable on the back seat when on long drives.Also my bum hurts at the end![cry] Considering that guy is struggling for space, long drives will be extremely uncomfortable especially when the car is packed!

It is a pure four seater. To me Punto seems better. More power, space, dynamics, etc.. The only thing is Punto isn't as tall as Rio.

Top Bottom