Premier Back in Action with Rio – MJD Model Launched.

Arun

Suspended
List of features:

It'll include multicoloured headlamps(The ones with the "Jhagmag") just like our trucks.
Ultra loud horns considering their love for everything being loud!
Also a 2 mega-pixel reverse camera!!
I second Dilip. I won't take it even if it is free.Forget buying!!
I am seriously doubting the future of this car!

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Note:All mentioned accessories are purely fictional.Any resemblance to anything living or dead is purely intended. [lol!]

Though Zoyte is a Chinese company, this vehicle is a complete copy of the old Daelim Terios!

I feel this vehicle has a completely new segment to capture. "The entry level SUV market" or "A poor man's SUV" (How many SUV's do we have in 5L??). But again it has a Chinese tag along with it.

Here's the link to some more pictures Zoyte Trex

Its not very different to most cars in the current market which are selling like hot cakes!

Im sure there will be some buyers! Atleast as a taxi [:)]

Yea, I can see this being used as a taxi in remote parts of lot of our states where public commute will be non-existent. Come to think of it, that is how this should be marketed.

Cheers,
Vroom

Oh c'mon friends, it isn't that bad. Lets atleast give this car a chance. So, whose going for a Test Drive when it launches?[evil]

I can assure you one thing: THIS WILL BE THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!![;)]

List of features:

It'll include multicoloured headlamps(The ones with the "Jhagmag") just like our trucks.
Ultra loud horns considering their love for everything being loud!
Also a 2 mega-pixel reverse camera!!
I second Dilip. I won't take it even if it is free.Forget buying!!
I am seriously doubting the future of this car!

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

Note:All mentioned accessories are purely fictional.Any resemblance to anything living or dead is purely intended. [lol!]
Nice one Arun [lol]
Don't forget touch screen music player

New SUV from Premier Auto (PAL)

Premier Automobiles Ltd. (PAL), the makers of the 118NE and the Mumbai taxi, is about to make yet another comeback in the passenger car segment. Always in search of a niche segment, this time Premier has come up with a compact, diesel SUV called the Rio. Premier will partner with Zotye Auto, one of the relatively smaller Chinese manufacturer, which will expert the Rio as CKD kits and Premier will provide the power-train and do the assembly at its Chinchwad plant.
When the Rio will be launched in India, it will be by-far the cheapest SUV in the country. The top-end variant will come loaded with features like ABS and airbags. Premier, in all probability will use its four-cylinder, 1.5-litre diesel engine, with 65 bhp mated to a 5-speed gearbox.

Source - Motoroids

Thread Starter #39

350Z

Core Team
Its no way a Sports Utility Vehicle.
Rio resembles very much to the Suzuki Jimny, I would any day prefer a Japanese product over Chineese, Especially when it comes to cars. Wish if Suzuki brings it back to compete Rio when it goes on sale in India.

Let's hope PAL-Zotye introduces it as a VFM Product. Also, They need to work hard on the dealership & ASS part as everything is going to start from scratch!

Suzuki Jimny (Below)

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team
PAL's Compact SUV Coming on 28th October; Pricing 5.5lakhs - 6.5lakhs!

Premier will launch a compact SUV on the 28th of October, 2009. This will mark Premier’s comeback in the passenger car segment after many years. The last passenger cars which Premier sold in India were the Fiat range - the Uno and Siena, after which Fiat set up its current base in Ranjangaon and parted from Premier.

Premier made an entry into the Light Commercial Vehicle segment with its mini pick-up Roadstar and commercial van Sigma. This new SUV will be the first of its kind in the Indian market, due to its compact size.

Our sources tell us that this SUV should cost somewhere in the range of Rs 5.5-6.5lakh and will be powered by a 1.5-litre, 4 cylinder indirect injection engine from Peugeot which produces a power of approximately 65bhp. The design of the SUV is similar to the Daihatsu Terios, which was designed by a Chinese company. This compact SUV is manufactured by a Chinese manufacturer called Zotye and the SUV in China is known as Nomada. Premier will import the kit from Zotye and will assemble the car in its own plant.

Source: Carwale

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #42

350Z

Core Team
PAL's Compact SUV Coming on 28th October; Pricing 5.5lakhs - 6.5lakhs!

Premier will launch a compact SUV on the 28th of October, 2009. This will mark Premier’s comeback in the passenger car segment after many years. The last passenger cars which Premier sold in India were the Fiat range - the Uno and Siena, after which Fiat set up its current base in Ranjangaon and parted from Premier.

Premier made an entry into the Light Commercial Vehicle segment with its mini pick-up Roadstar and commercial van Sigma. This new SUV will be the first of its kind in the Indian market, due to its compact size.

Our sources tell us that this SUV should cost somewhere in the range of Rs 5.5-6.5lakh and will be powered by a 1.5-litre, 4 cylinder indirect injection engine from Peugeot which produces a power of approximately 65bhp. The design of the SUV is similar to the Daihatsu Terios, which was designed by a Chinese company. This compact SUV is manufactured by a Chinese manufacturer called Zotye and the SUV in China is known as Nomada. Premier will import the kit from Zotye and will assemble the car in its own plant.

Source: Carwale

Drive Safe!
350Z

I like the the propotions very much & looks like a mini SUV !

Its priced very attractively & if supported by proper ASS then it would be a Bang in automotive segment again

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team
Zinam said:
Its priced very attractively
The price mentioned by source is attractive enough for a SUV but unfortunately, Not the After Sales Service.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom