Premier Back in Action with Rio – MJD Model Launched.

Re: Premier Back in Action with Rio – MJD Model Launches on 2nd August

Master there has been no review out yet of the rio with multijet engine .
Bombay on road cost for top end rio with fiat engine will be somewhere close to 9 laks [surprise]
[surprise] 9 L I thought it might come around 7L on-road

Pricing is likely to be Rs.45,000 more than the existing model of Rio as per Autocar.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I asked the dealer whom I know quite well 9 lakhs otr with abs,alloys and the new look.

With all its diesel engine options, the Rio comes in two trim levels, Dx and Lx and comes with many useful features like:

Internally adjustable outside rear view mirrors
Rear wiper and washer as standard
Rear defogger
Tinted glass window
Front and rear fog lamps
Blackened B pillars
Rear Spoiler as standard
Alloy wheels on Lx model
split seats at rear
Door ajar warning
Tachometer
Digital clock
3 spoke sporty steering wheel design
Power steering
Air conditioner with heating
Collapsible steering column for safety
ABS and EBD as standard on all variants
Brake assist
Keyless entry and central locking etc.

http://www.premierrio.com/pdf/RiO-Brochure.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #184

350Z

Core Team

Premier has launched the New Rio with 1.3 MJD. It is BS-4 compliant and can produce 74 BHP and 19.3 Kgm Torque. Here is the price list for Mumbai with Octroi:

> Premier Rio DX: Rs 7.10 Lakhs

> Premier Rio LX: Rs 7.39 Lakhs

Drive Safe,
350Z

Prices are quite OK as per me. They have priced it well. All the best Premier RIO. [clap]. But for paying that price what do we get in features?

Prices are quite OK as per me. They have priced it well. All the best Premier RIO. [clap]. But for paying that price what do we get in features?
See in above post about the features abs standard , I think you will not get the audio ( which anyway will be crap) and alloys which you can fit of your choice [:)]Here is a complete list for you dharmesh punto[;)]

Last edited by a moderator:

See in above post about the features abs standard , I think you will not get the audio ( which anyway will be crap) and alloys which you can fit of your choice [:)]Here is a complete list for you dharmesh punto[;)]
Sorry I happen to missed out the link. [embarass]

Mumbai without octroi
Premier Rio Dx: Rs 6.74 lakh
Premier Rio Lx: Rs 7.01 lakh
Mumbai with octroi
Premier Rio Dx: Rs 7.10 lakh
Premier Rio Lx: Rs 7.39 lakh
The Premier Rio is powered by a 1.3 litre diesel engine that makes 74 bhp of power and 19.3 kgm of torque. The engine is BS-IV compliant and VGT equipped.

Re: Premier Back in Action with Rio – MJD Model Launched.

Mumbai without octroi
Premier Rio Dx: Rs 6.74 lakh
Premier Rio Lx: Rs 7.01 lakh
Mumbai with octroi
Premier Rio Dx: Rs 7.10 lakh
Premier Rio Lx: Rs 7.39 lakh
The Premier Rio is powered by a 1.3 litre diesel engine that makes 74 bhp of power and 19.3 kgm of torque. The engine is BS-IV compliant and VGT equipped.
showroom is 5 min away from me once the model comes will surely do a mini review[;)]

Awesome buddy looking forward to it, any chance of Verito review?
M&m showrooms are far away from where I live dear but incase I go there I will surely do specially for you and gurella[:)]

In 2-3 hours today wait for a mini test drive review of the premier rio crdi4. ( multijet) with lot of pictures from me [:D]

so the mini review of the rio with a new multijet heart is here ,most of the time people are more intrested in pics first so i will post them first.

Attachments

Madan motors the only official dealer of the rio is in chembur which is 5 min max from my home.
I got a call from them that bs4 multijet rio in white is ready for the test drive so please do come .
My brother and dad since we're home came along with me .

First impression- the rio looks stunning , cute and seriously beautiful to look ,the paint quality is surprisingly good , there is nice glossy shine to it which will look more beautiful in red and black too.
There are no irritating panel gaps out side everything looks well fitted and the black claddings and rear door wheel give the rio quite a sporty character my dad was very impressed with the look .

Inside the rio- inside the rio things are not so spacious , but the interiors and plastics though having some rough edges are in the same league as the bolero and sumo gold.
There is no sterring adjustment and anybody who is 5"11 might have some trouble adjusting in the driver seat .
Rear seats are foldable completely and also have 60/40 split . The rear space is strictly strictly strictly for 2 or 3 kids .
The rear seat back rest has reclining but the height of the back rest being not long dosent make a comfertable experience .

My dad 5"10 and brother 6-2 were seating but moment I pushed the driver seat a little back my brother was completely uncomfortable .
The ergonomics position for the driver is good and gives a commanding view of the road ahead and the edges of bonnet are clearly visible .

But how is the rio to drive with a multijet heart ?

The gear box has short throws and is extremely smooth to operate the clutch travel is less and quite smooth to operate too.
Slot the first gear leave the clutch slowly and te rio is very eager to move forward with lot of enthusiasm without giving any kind of throttle response .

I dint get chance to rip her but the rio moves along very well the turning radius is very short and you can move the rio zip zap zoom in the traffic with ease and is quite fun .
I took the rio max upto 90 kmph and it was running well and good without any strain or anything .
But the nvh levels are bit on higher side when you compare it with other multijet options in the market .
To be honest it was quite a fun to drive the rio around .the rio soaks the potholes and broken roads without any problems and the suspension seemed quite ok there were no serious jolts faced in the cabin too .

The car enjoyed good attention on roads people were looking at the rio with eager eyes whenever I stopped at the traffic signal .

Overall at the asking price of 8:72 lakhs on road. Mumbai its quite expensive ,though abs , 5 alloys , music system come standard the rio falls short in comfort and overall refinement .

The rio is a car for college students, a couple with 2 small kids, if you have money a extra car for your wife or maybe for yourself which can really add some fun when you drive it around but somewhat it falls short in earning the label vfm which we Indians give highest priority .
Overall I think it's a decent attempt by premeir . Warranty is for 3 years and there is only 1 service station in Mumbai that too in chembur .
In the showroom there were other then me 2 more people who had come to see the rio.

If the same car was launched by say tata, Hyundai and maruti I bet many people would have bought it because it really looks cool,fresh young and cute too.

Some other pictures are as follows.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom