Premier Back in Action with Rio – MJD Model Launched.

Re: PAL Back in Action with Rio (BS-4 Coming Soon)

I might be the only person looking too excited for the new Rio on this thread [:D], but I just can't stop loving it, the more pics I see of it.

Check out the exhaustive detailed pics of the new Rio (Zotye Nomad-II) at following link:

¡¾Í¼¡¿ÖÚÌ©Æû³µ_ÖÚÌ©5008_Æû³µÖ®¼Ò

The site is in Chinese but the pics are very good. [clap]

Thread Starter #123

350Z

Core Team

It was a very successful company for almost three decades. It was the company which brought FIAT in to India, It was the company which brought Peugeot to India. There was a time buyers paid the money for the car in Foreign Exchange.
I personally believe that Rio is a competent vehicle and PAL has done right by launching it since there is rather a better scope for compact SUVs in India. However, to achieve success in any market, one of the important aspects where the company must work on is building up an amount of trust and gain the confidence of buyers. Because after all, automobile is an expensive product and majority of the aware buyers will never prefer spending their hard earned money on something for which they are not completely assured. We all know that PAL is a familiar brand name to Indians and a few of the simple questions which will certainly rise in a common man’s mind are – Why did PAL left the market? Looking at their inconsistency, what if it suddenly disappears again? Their controversy in the past does not needs to be explained about. It was when PAL decided to quit the market without refunding the booking amount of many unsuspecting buyers. This left a severely bad impression on the ethics of the company. Do you think that people who know this story can believe in PAL when the company is still playing it so lightly? The past impression does matters, else Fiat India won’t have been working so hard to please the customers now and then with one scheme or another in spite of the fact they that are selling some of the most value for money cars in the market today.

For Us Indians, always the other side is green. Our Indian companies don't produce anything Good, Isn't it?
If this was true then Mahindra Scorpio won’t have been the best selling SUV and neither would have Tata Indica registered itself in Top 10 of sales chart each month.

Drive safe,
350Z

A petrol version[surprise].

Still, i feel 16kmpl is a decent figure for an SUV, however what PAL must have taken care of is the build quality which looks pathetic inside.

Yeah, even I am wondering that. May be both the versions will co-exist later like the Zotye Nomad & Nomad-II.
well hope they better dont do it because people now are waiting for new rio because it will be worth for price but if current rio continues then new rio will be priced high!! [surprise]

well new RIO can have fiat multijet diesel!! [thumbsup]

Mumbai-based Premier Automotive spokeswoman to Indian Autos Blog -

At this moment, we are in discussions with various engine manufacturers, including FIAT, for a Euro IV engine for the RiO. The outcome of these will be known shortly. Preliminary tests are currently being conducted to determine engine compatibility for the RiO. The current situation is that we are in a pre-production mode and a few vehicles have been seeded in the market to gauge initial market response. The feedback has been very positive, and based on this the product has now been fine tuned to meet customer expectations.

Not sure if the sales will increase drastically, but one thing is sure that the Rio will attract some buyers towards itself. Atleast i would prefer Rio with a diesel heart (at lowered prices).

Premier Automotive Ltd. has launched all new Rio Mini SUV with a petrol engine priced at Rs 4.7 Lakh.

No. of Cylinders - 4
Engine cc - 1173
Max Power - 76.6 ps(56.3 kW) @ 5800 rpm
Max Torque - 103.9 Nm @ 3500 - 4000 rpm
BSIV

Specifications

Is this something different than the one launched last month? Rio Petrol was launched in September.

I am keenly waiting for the Rio-2 (Zotye Nomad-II). [drive]

Top Bottom