Pre Owned Honda City 1.3 LXi Type-1 (Facelifted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Recently we acquired a 2000 registered Honda city 1.3 LXi type-1 facelifted version for 85K only. This car was known to us since last one decade, owner is a friend of my dad, currently this car is in excellent running condition.

Initially few door locks and power window system were jammed since this car was neglected and mostly parked from last couple of years, we got this fixed from Shri Shaneshwar motors Karolbagh which is located near Jasram hospital.

It's fun to drive OHC, current fuel average is around 10kmpl which is acceptable considering the size of the car.

Here are the few pics of the car below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Re: Preowned Honda city 1.3LXi Type-1 (facelifted)

the car looks very well maintained. congrats on your purchase :)

Many congrats on the City buddy. Just get a through servicing done as the car was standing for a long time. change all oils and filters and check the timing belt specifically. Once all regular maintenance is done, you'll be surprised that it would easily give you 14+ with AC in city as it's a 1.3 and not 1.5, even in spirited driving.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #6
the car looks very well maintained. congrats on your purchase :)
Thanks Nitin_k

congrats tough guy for your new acquisition .
Thanks Polotdicl

Congrats on aquiring this wonderful driving machine !
Any performance mods planned ?
Thanks Vishnunarayanan

Lokk's like a well maintained car, and 85K is a good price to pay and even the tyre's look brand new,
Thanks Visran, intially we quoted 70K but owner refused to budge from 85K so had to pay that amount. Yep tyres are brand new, previous owner changed all the tyres last month.

Many congrats on the City buddy. Just get a through servicing done as the car was standing for a long time. change all oils and filters and check the timing belt specifically. Once all regular maintenance is done, you'll be surprised that it would easily give you 14+ with AC in city as it's a 1.3 and not 1.5, even in spirited driving.

freakdude.
Many thanks freakdude, i want to get service this car done from a local garage and need your and others help in finding the right brand (or specifications) of engine oil, brake oil, coolant, power steering oil, brake pads, air and fuel filters.

Please suggest some good local garage for OHC service?

Thanks in advance.

Since this would be a major service as the car was standing idle for long, I'd suggest you to take to Honda. Next best would be Pandit & Co in Okhla. They are a bit pricey but amazing in their service. Get this service done from Honda/Pandit and once you get acquainted with the car you can fix the minor niggles on the go from your friendly neighborhood mech. Plan your spends on the car carefully as it is a 2000 reg. car so fitness would be only till 2015 I guess, so, keep that expense too in mind if you plan to keep it longer than that.

freakdude.

yes, agree to freakdude, get 1st service done by honda only. You never know what all niggles and issues a car develops when its stationary for some time. I would suggest you go to any honda dealer which is closer to ur place/work. Its easy to followup and pickup/drop the car if need be at your convenience.

That's a nice buy buddy and the car looks in good condition. How many kms does it have?

And I would suggest you to get the car serviced from a Honda dealer as it has been parked for a long time and they will do a better job on your city. Also they will have all the parts and proper oils/fluids needed.

Congrats, that is a very good deal indeed. The car looks are very good, tyres are also in good condition. That car (OHC) is still better looking than so many other cars that have come out till date.

Suggestions from my side:
1. Remove that ICE & get something that is big/ atleast looks better
2. Try OEM wheel caps if not planning for alloys
3. Please post more pictures of the interiors (seats, roof, Boot, engine bay etc)

COngrats ONCE AGAIN [clap]

350Z

Core Team
Recently we acquired a 2000 registered Honda city 1.3 LXi type-1 facelifted version for 85K only. This car was known to us since last one decade, owner is a friend of my dad, currently this car is in excellent running condition.
Congrats ToughGuy. You have now another tough companion to travel with. :smile: The deal sounds nice enough and condition of the car is decent too other than regular signs of ageing that are acceptable. How much has this car clocked? Looking forward to a detailed post since short reviews are not permitted in this section anymore (More). Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Many congratulation buddy. The car looks excellent from outside. About the alloys, i would suggest you to go for wheel caps. Go for extreme mods only if you plan to keep the car for long.

Thread Starter #13
Since this would be a major service as the car was standing idle for long, I'd suggest you to take to Honda. Next best would be Pandit & Co in Okhla. They are a bit pricey but amazing in their service. Get this service done from Honda/Pandit and once you get acquainted with the car you can fix the minor niggles on the go from your friendly neighborhood mech. Plan your spends on the car carefully as it is a 2000 reg. car so fitness would be only till 2015 I guess, so, keep that expense too in mind if you plan to keep it longer than that.

freakdude.
I am also on the same line, thanks for your valuable suggestions will consider both the option i am more inclined towards authorised Honda service center since i heard the junior Pandit is little arrogant and not up to the mark in his job/commitment like senior Pandit. What you say?

yes, agree to freakdude, get 1st service done by honda only. You never know what all niggles and issues a car develops when its stationary for some time. I would suggest you go to any honda dealer which is closer to ur place/work. Its easy to followup and pickup/drop the car if need be at your convenience.
Thanks Nitin, i also think they will do proper justice any good Honda service center near Dwarka?

That's a nice buy buddy and the car looks in good condition. How many kms does it have?

And I would suggest you to get the car serviced from a Honda dealer as it has been parked for a long time and they will do a better job on your city. Also they will have all the parts and proper oils/fluids needed.
Thanks Singh890, this car has completed 1.5L Km as of now and i think this will surely complete another lakh or so without much trouble.

Congrats, that is a very good deal indeed. The car looks are very good, tyres are also in good condition. That car (OHC) is still better looking than so many other cars that have come out till date.

Suggestions from my side:
1. Remove that ICE & get something that is big/ atleast looks better
2. Try OEM wheel caps if not planning for alloys
3. Please post more pictures of the interiors (seats, roof, Boot, engine bay etc)

COngrats ONCE AGAIN [clap]
Thanks SS80, tyres are new so no worries till next couple of years, will update ICE over the period of time and i also want OEL wheel cap will surely replace the current one.

Will soon post more pics including the interiors.

Congrats ToughGuy. You have now another tough companion to travel with. :smile: The deal sounds nice enough and condition of the car is decent too other than regular signs of ageing that are acceptable. How much has this car clocked? Looking forward to a detailed post since short reviews are not permitted in this section anymore (More). Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z, yep deal was decent one hope we manage to sell this one at around same price in next one year.

My apologies for the short review, will surely post more details by this weekend.

For past couple of days i am spending more than 4-6 hrs in traffic jams :(

Many congratulation buddy. The car looks excellent from outside. About the alloys, i would suggest you to go for wheel caps. Go for extreme mods only if you plan to keep the car for long.
Thanks Akash, we are planning to keep this car for only 6-12 months so no plans for any mods or any major accessories.

Congratulations on your car.Hondas accept a wide variety of spares, there's a huge aftermarket base for them.Check with other Honda drivers as to what is good instead of OEM when it comes to certain spares.When there is huge aftermarket support for your car why not use it and save some money instead of going for OEM.

Sometimes the aftermarket product might exceed OEM qualities.

So before spending big bucks on OEM spares check the aftermarket spares for your car.

For oil stick to manufacturer grades. There should be a manual available easily on google for your car if you don't have the hard copy.

Happy Motoring [drive]

Thread Starter #15
Congratulations on your car.Hondas accept a wide variety of spares, there's a huge aftermarket base for them.Check with other Honda drivers as to what is good instead of OEM when it comes to certain spares.When there is huge aftermarket support for your car why not use it and save some money instead of going for OEM.

Sometimes the aftermarket product might exceed OEM qualities.

So before spending big bucks on OEM spares check the aftermarket spares for your car.

For oil stick to manufacturer grades. There should be a manual available easily on google for your car if you don't have the hard copy.

Happy Motoring [drive]
Jarpickle thanks for your suggestions, i am looking for the owner manual to find out more details about this vehicle. I also researched that Honda parts are quite costly and after market spares of Thailand makes are easily available at cheaper rate, since we don't want to spend fortune on this car so most of the repairs will be restricted to local garage. But i agree with other members that one service from Honda service center will give us broad idea of the vehicle what say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom