Pre-Launch Car Bookings – Yes or No?

Should we hurry to book one before launch?

• Total voters
Re: Pre-Launch Car Bookings – Are Indian Buyers Being Taken For a Ride?

If a car has a quality badge like Toyota, VW, Honda, BMW, Merc etc then you don't need a TD but you should take TD for Chevrolet, Maruti, Tata etc and must take two or three TDs if it is a Hyundai.
Best example is the 'Getz Prime'. Getz is a nice comfortable car but it's engine is a total waste as it seems like a condemned one. Even ten TDs cannot save us if this is the case with.
So always try to stick with quality badges if you can afford one.

Am sorry buddy i would never agree with your statement and this very thread supports my statement. Toyota has a great brand value and a huge reputation world wide but what about the Etios? Can a brand new car have so many flaws and defects? What happened to your SO CALLED quality from Toyota?

And what you think Hyundai manufactures cars from junk and throws it on road![anger] Agree the Getz was not a huge hit but please move forward now , your comparing a 10 year old car with brand new hatches. There are plenty of happy i10 and i20 customers on road!

A car in my opinion is like the lady I am going to marry, I need to fall in love, If not at least see her and find out what she looks like and know her a bit before getting hitched. How can I be so sure that she is a great person to share the rest of my life with, just cause her folks seem to be nice and that they are aristocrats.[lol]
Never compare a car to the lady you are going to marry. Will you sell her after using for 5 years or after a loss of polish. [lol]

Am sorry buddy i would never agree with your statement and this very thread supports my statement. Toyota has a great brand value and a huge reputation world wide but what about the Etios? Can a brand new car have so many flaws and defects? What happened to your SO CALLED quality from Toyota?

And what you think Hyundai manufactures cars from junk and throws it on road![anger] Agree the Getz was not a huge hit but please move forward now , your comparing a 10 year old car with brand new hatches. There are plenty of happy i10 and i20 customers on road!
Actually Etios is of nice quality and all other inflated complaints are originated from over expectations for a cheap price. Toyota will never compromise with mechanical quality for cost cutting and Toyota buyers are paying for Toyota's enginnering quality and the build quality under the hood.

Of course plenty of i10 and i20 customers may seemed to be happy as they are pretending to be happy and hiding their mistake from their neighbors and simply telling everybody, "yeah nice car, good car etc". These poor middle class may be regretting a lot. This statement is applicable for swift and Ritz owners too.

Most complained car here the Etios has a better interior when compared to Maruti's. I can't see any difference here with other premium hatches (so called ) in India too.

All other car companies in India are seeing nightmares and the cause is nothing but Etios/Liva Diesel [drive]

I am sorry to say this but your statements are too much biased supporting Toyota! And why would i not assume then that you are saying Etios is a nice car , good car etc but hiding the defects of the car?

Your saying Etios has better Interiors , C'Mon nobody is going to agree with that! The Dzire and Manza has way better Interiors and high quality plastics compared to Etios! And then considering Liva your again saying it has better Interiors than a Polo, i20 and Jazz , BIGGEST JOKE I HAVE EVER HEARD!![lol]

And now coming to your statement
Toyota buyers are paying for Toyota's enginnering quality and the build quality under the hood.

I am sorry but then does it mean that one can compromise with the poor Interiors and cost cutting just because it has the so called superior Toyota technology and engineering? And by no means the Dzire is under-rated compared to Etios. It has the same Japanese technology and both are equally reliable and trouble free to maintain. When Maruti can give a complete car why so much cost cutting from Toyota?

Thread Starter #19

Never compare a car to the lady you are going to marry. Will you sell her after using for 5 years or after a loss of polish. [lol]

Actually Etios is of nice quality and all other inflated complaints are originated from over expectations for a cheap price. Toyota will never compromise with mechanical quality for cost cutting and Toyota buyers are paying for Toyota's enginnering quality and the build quality under the hood.

Of course plenty of i10 and i20 customers may seemed to be happy as they are pretending to be happy and hiding their mistake from their neighbors and simply telling everybody, "yeah nice car, good car etc". These poor middle class may be regretting a lot. This statement is applicable for swift and Ritz owners too.

Most complained car here the Etios has a better interior when compared to Maruti's. I can't see any difference here with other premium hatches (so called ) in India too.

All other car companies in India are seeing nightmares and the cause is nothing but Etios/Liva Diesel [drive]
Vivian ,there is a clear example of flaws that is showing up in the current Etios.
If you want to say "What you pay is What you get".
Then they had to take care of the dust that accumulates on the cars frame from entering in.
This is a major design flaw, and there must be good dampening to cut the engine noise.
What takes the international car maker to cover up those flaws.
Does the customer have to pay the price later without knowing its flaws initially.
And payup the prices later as our fellow member is facing.

I feel Indian players are really good in CC and accepting the flaws and atleast correct them in the next lot they release.

Last edited:

@cooldhaya

We are buying shoes like Lee Cooper, Nike, Adidas etc for a premium price when compared to locally made leather shoes. Do we have an option to use them before buying? It's all about faith on those brand and brand value. :offtopic:

Like that premium brands like Toyota, Honda, VW etc has a brand value which have made by those companies from years of hard work and loyalty to it's customers. Moreover these companies can't go for so cheap products to humiliate their brand value themselves.

Brand Value is the factor i am telling about and not that Toyota :smile:

Okay a shoe can't be compared with our car. If we don't like our shoe we can even throw away the old one and get a new one but can we throw away our car?

Forget VW , Toyota or Honda i will never buy even a Bmw or an Audi without a TD. Their cars maybe superb or world-class but still it should satisfy me before i plonk my money for that!

I am a man who loves to own a newly launched car first in the town. I am the first to own a Yamaha Enticer, Indica, Getz prime and a Toyota Liva in my town. So i don't care to take a test drive to fulfill my passion. I love people looking at my vehicle with curiosity.

Well about cars, there are those who keep them for decades and there are people who change them every two years.

And just on a similar note are things in a marriage as well. If Divorce = sale, Then yes a lot of people are selling after 5 years down the line.[lol] Just like you sell a car after it turns to be a pain the neck after a rushed marriage without even seeing the 'Bride' and just going on Family's reputation a.k.a 'Badge'.

Dont know about the rest of the Country but here in Kerala, Family courts are the places to make money for a lawyer these days.[;)]

If a car has a quality badge like Toyota, VW, Honda, BMW, Merc etc then you don't need a TD but you should take....
So always try to stick with quality badges if you can afford one.
I missed one thing, So bumping again.

About VW, I know a Lawyer who sold his Highline TDI Polo in two months after finding out that it has useless torque curve, The car is as good as dead when you are below 2000rpm and you need to down shift like crazy and keep the revs above 2000 clicks to get ahead when overtaking and moving while going up hills. He did not go for a Test Drive and regretted after buying the car.

yep jalex i agree with you totaly.we do a lot of research before buying a car, similarly do a lot of search for a bride. the things we look in a car is the companys name and reliability similar to the family name & history.next is the price of the car - wether it will fall in our budget, the discount the company gives where as we assess wether the prospective bride can be maintained by our earnings and what the fatherinlaw can give us.we can do a TD of the car, but a TD of a prospective bride [lol]is unheard of in our country.after few years the car becomes out of fashion, new models come in we get the itch to change it to a new model.but if[evil] we even think of changing to a new wife all hell might break loose. some people fall in love with a car and buys it even without a TD , akin to some falling in love at first sight.
i do a lot of research , TDs of all cars that i can get hold of,talk to owners before deciding on buying one. iwould also wait for some time to get to know the pros & cons of a car.

Sorry for going OT but could not resist myself from posting this.

I love people looking at my vehicle with curiosity.

Well this was exactly the same thing happened to me during the time of my P180. Mine was the 2nd in the area and people used to shout and say.. 'STUNTMANIA WALI BIKE'[:D]

but guys, probably the brand value of toyota surpasses all these beliefs for common people which is why many such cases are there where people just booked their etios and liva without even seeing it and test driving it.Dont forget the price tag which toyota offered these vehicles where common man would just love to own a toyota vehicle in the price of maruti or tata or say hyundai.I am not saying to book or buy the vehicle before checking it and test driving it just sharing the common man's though as this is what i have commonly heard for these vehicles.Same applies for maruti vehicles as well.

Forget VW , Toyota or Honda i will never buy even a Bmw or an Audi without a TD. Their cars maybe superb or world-class but still it should satisfy me before i plonk my money for that!
well that sums up for me as well.

I am not able to understand why so big a fuss is being made on just BOOKING of the car. Booking a car and taking the delivery is totally different things. I don't see any harm in booking a car prior to launch. Most car manufactures today offer to cancel the booking if we dont wish to proceed further and refund us back the complete booking amount.
Let me take the case of TOYOTA specifically. Toyota offers to cancel the booking even after a car have been alotted to me (not registered) with 4% interest on the booking amount which is same as to what you get in any savings bank a/c.

So, what's the harm in booking a car early when your money is not at risk and would be refunded completely if you don't wish to buy that car.

On the other side, if the car turns out to be good after launch, it is bound to have waiting periods so in such times your prior booking actually helps realize your dream car sooner that others.

freakdude.

Top Bottom