Pre-Launch Car Bookings – Yes or No?

Should we hurry to book one before launch?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hey guys just after seeing Munish's case of his Etios.

Are people so hurry to book one without even checking the car.

What do you all have to say about this guys?

Thread Starter #2
Re: Pre-Launch Car Bookings – Are Buyers Being Taken For a Ride?

Here goes about my view and decision of purchasing a new vehicle.

I booked my Scorpio only after reading extensive Pro's and Con's.

A new engine mHawk was released prior to earlier 2.6 Crde.

I thought that i should buy that immediately, but i didn't.

I drove it umpteen times and delayed my purchase for 6-8 months after its launch.

I made an extensive searching online.

Then only i went for one.

Got a few tips from exisiting owners, then went for one.

Now i have no regrets, the engine variants are mhawk with no complaints whatsoever.

I thought being a diesel this would make a lot of noise.
But its not.

Mods: Please include Indian Buyers in the threads title.

i will never buy car without looking and checking it even if they give me 1L discount

Yes even i would never ever even book a car without having a TD and checking the car extensively. While buying my Verna i too read lots of reviews on forums , not many people complained about any problem with the car other than poor handling. Incidentally my friend was also having one , so i bugged him for several days before finally deciding on Verna!

Coming to Aria , when the car was launched we had decided we will go for whichever car is cheaper and looks VFM compared to Fortuner. And when finally prices were revealed we decided its going to be Aria. My dad asked me to go book one immediately , but i never accepted. I was having doubts about the refinement and performance since its the same 2.2L engine used in Safari. I said clearly to him , no booking the car till i get a good TD and look of the car. Then waited for a week , had a good TD , was satisfied with the car and hence booked the car on the same day. In my case i had very few reviews online since the car was just launched.

Re: Pre-Launch Car Bookings – Are Indian Buyers Being Taken For a Ride?

No,we should not book a car before its launch.
And It would be better if we wait even after its launch so that we can get more information about the car(the pros and cons).[:D]

350Z

Core Team

I would barely opt to risk myself by booking a car in advance when I have not even seen it in person, leave alone test driving. Mild facelift is a different story but it’s highly not advisable for anyone to book a car if he/she has not seen or driven it personally. As far as manufacturer’s role is concerned here, I don’t think they’re directly at fault. At the end of the day, auto makers are here to do the business and mostly it all depends on us whether we choose to fell in their trap or not.

And It would be better if we wait even after its launch so that we can get more information about the car(the pros and cons).[:D]
True. In some instances of all new models, it has been observed that initial lots are not up to the mark. For example in Fiat's case, falling badges, poor plastics etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z

+1 to 350Z , i will never blame the manufacturer's here. They are here for money and business , its upto us to be clever!

See Munish's case here , he blindly trusted Toyota as a premium and quality brand and he feels cheated now. Even Swift crossing 50k bookings even before launch , i agree its just a facelift but still!

For me it all depends upon the vehicle, the company and most important the booking amount and the waiting period!

In case of a relaunch of a well knowned and proven car, I might atleast book one and then after the launch and TD I might decide to go with it or should I cancel the booking (for eg: ANSwift/Fluidic Verna/Beat Diesel/Aria 4x2/etc) only because the earlier models may have been hit or atleast known.

But in case of a new launch,(Etios/Liva) I will never book one unless and untill I see the car in flesh, the aprox onroad prices, etc...

Yes, I do look out for reviews on net and from the owners.

During the time we got to know that the DZire was to be launched, we left aside the Logan option. My dad had actually kept a cheque of 50k with him for around 15day in a confusion between the DZire and the Logan. I was strictly against logan, as soon as the DZire launched my dad drifted towards DZire. Now, I started searching reviews and all. Actually knocked the window of other DZires and asked tje owners about the car and mileage. Later we took a TD and I gave a green signal for the DZire.

Now during the time of my P180, I was waithing for P200 with reardisc, later the P200 was discontinues and P180 was launched. Now the earlier P180 was not a big hit. So again saw some reviews on net. Then stuntmania was started then I saw the reliability and the toughness of the bike, and then one day brought it home.

Hmm about our Activa, grrr.... You all know my story of the huge waiting period...:lol!:

If a car has a quality badge like Toyota, VW, Honda, BMW, Merc etc then you don't need a TD but you should take TD for Chevrolet, Maruti, Tata etc and must take two or three TDs if it is a Hyundai.
Best example is the 'Getz Prime'. Getz is a nice comfortable car but it's engine is a total waste as it seems like a condemned one. Even ten TDs cannot save us if this is the case with.
So always try to stick with quality badges if you can afford one.

If a car has a quality badge like Toyota, VW, Honda, BMW, Merc etc then you don't need a TD but you should take TD for Chevrolet, Maruti, Tata etc and must take two or three TDs if it is a Hyundai.
Best example is the 'Getz Prime'. Getz is a nice comfortable car but it's engine is a total waste as it seems like a condemned one. Even ten TDs cannot save us if this is the case with.
So always try to stick with quality badges if you can afford one.
A car in my opinion is like the lady I am going to marry, I need to fall in love, If not at least see her and find out what she looks like and know her a bit before getting hitched. How can I be so sure that she is a great person to share the rest of my life with, just cause her folks seem to be nice and that they are aristocrats.[lol]

Last edited:

A car in my opinion is like the lady I am going to marry, I need to fall in love, If not at least see her and find out what she looks like and know her a bit before getting hitched. How can I be so sure that she is a great person to share the rest of my life with, just cause her folks seem to be nice and that they are aristocrats.[lol]
With a option you can change the lady , IF you have money! ]
hehe

Buying a car blindly is not a wise job.

extensive test drive on a well run td car must be the wise choice.

Agree with most here, buying a car should never be in haste or under pressure. As Jalex said, buying a car is like falling in love, take your time, go on some dates with her before thinking or finalising what you feel about it. I would never buy something on the face value even if it is from trusted brands. The concept should appeal to me first. Also, IMHO, one should be aware of the latest developments in automobile industry and take feedbacks from previous owners to make a judgement call.
What happened with Munish will happen with others as well, as most of us sometimes do go blindly for brand names and then burn our hands in the process.

Also
No discounts
No free-bees
Never buy a total new model at-least wait for 6 months.

350Z

Core Team

Highly debatable statement. You can never be assured that a person who usually does right can never do wrong. There are already some apt examples of such car models in the market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

New car with any brand - Don't trust them blindly.
After all its our money that we are going to spend on the car and we should think/test at best before purchasing anything.

Hey guys just after seeing Munish's case of his Etios.
BTW this thread is started because of Etios and it is by Toyota

Top Bottom