Thread Starter #1
Trip :Bangalore-Kukke Shree Subrahmanya-Dharmasthala-Bangalore
No of Days: 1
No of people : 4(3 adults + 1 kid)
Vehicle : Tata Zest XT diseal 90hp
Google Kms: 667 Kms
Google Hours: 13 hrs 11 mins
Actual Kms : 22798-22100=698
Actual Hours: 17 + hrs(including temple visit and food breaks)
No of tolls : 5
Toll Amount: 20+45+45+40+35=185
Route
Onward : Bangalore -Hebbal- Yeswanthpur- Nelamangala- Kunigal - Udayapura- Hassan- Sakleshpur-Gundya-Kukke Shree Subrahmanya- Gateway to Kukke Subrahmanya-Ejilampady Road -Dharmasthala
Return : Dharmasthala-Gundya-Sakleshpur-Hassan-Kunigal-Nelamangala-Bangalore
Link to the map:
https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/B...280e0ea956a!2m2!1d77.7148376!2d12.9712301!3e0

My experience on the trip Bangalore-Kukke Shree Subrahmanya-Dharmasthala on 03-Nov-2018:- I did this trip couple of times, and this time I planned to start early 4:30AM and reach Kukke by 10AM so that i can return bangalore by 10PM.
But as usual we hit the road by 6:30. Our bad luck we got stuck in huge traffic jam in KR puram. We are in jam for almost 45 mins. We reached Nelamangala by 8:10 AM. We took breakfast at Shark Food Court, Kannasandra.
Limited varieties of breakfast items(Idly, Dosa and Vada) but taste is good. Rest rooms are available for ladies, but they are not mainting well. You have lot of option few kms away(A2B, Swathi Delicasy and many before Hassan).
We reached Sakleshpur by 11:10 AM and Kukke Subrahmanya by 12:40.

Road Conditions: Till Hassan is 4 lane road and breeze to drive and I always love to drive this road. From Hassan to Sakleshpur 2 land road and no boarders both the side, you should be little careful while overtaking.
From Sakleshpur the famous Shiradi ghat will start(this road is drivers paradise, with lot of twists). Looks like lot road is washed away by reacent rains, lot of bad patches. Skirting work is going on. But no need to worry during
daytime. From Gundya-Kukke single lane road is observed and in good condition.

NOTE: Please dont take this shiradi ghat if you are planning to leave Dharmasthala by 5:00 PM to reach bangalore. Its not suggestabe to drive with family in that ghat section during night time. Dense forest, Pitch dark and little
vehicle movement is deadly combination. Literally we are holding our breath till we reach Sakleshpur in return journey. My daughter is chatterbox, but first time I observed she was so calm during that time.

Darshana Ticket is 100/- at kukke Subrahmanya for instant dharsan and after Darshan we took meal in annadanam and started to Dharmasthala at 01:50 PM and reached there by 03:15 PM. But temple was closed till 5:00 PM. We searched for rooms for 2 hrs but we didnt get.
One suggestion is to book a room before you are leaving from bangalore. I heard we can book the rooms online(Nethravathi, Vaishali are the names of Satrams). Darshana ticket is 200/-. and completed our darshana by 5:30 PM. We hit the road
by 5:45 PM and reached bangalore by 11:40 PM

Zest is behaved as expected and definately an under rated car.
Just a small comparision between tata zest and fiat punto:
This time I took zest for my drive, earlier I did with punto. As both are having same fiat sourced engines except zest is 90 hp.

Power : Definately more in zest and I can feel it while overtaking.
Cabin Space : Its Zest again.
Drivability : Punto(always in highways) atleast for me.
Ride Quality: Both are same, little better in zest.
Music System: Zest(no match to the sound quality)
Cornering : Punto
Breaking : Punto
Blid Spot : Both are having the blind spots, punto is little better here. (We should be very careful in ghat section especially while taking right turn)

As passenger I prefer zest, but as a driver I always cherish driving punto.

Re: Prakash Travelogue -Bangalore-Kukke-Dharmastala-Bangalore

Hello Prakash,
Good information about the travel route for Bangalore people.
As a elderly person, Let me give you 2 suggestions:

1)When ever you visit any Temples, never travel in hurry, try to stay there for a over - night stay and enjoy the night pooja in the temple. There are many private hotels in Subramanya and you could have tried for a room. 90% of the people try to get accommodation in Temple rest rooms and they book the rooms in advance and also the date of their performing pooja. They get the preference in the Temple rest rooms.

2) It seems no one informed you that whenever you visit Dhamasthala, you must visit Kadri Manjunath temple in Mangalore, otherwise your visit is in-complete as per many devotees. The head portion of Lord shiva is in Dharmasthala and Body portion is in kadri temple in Mangalore.

Better you can complete next time.
Take care.

Thread Starter #3

@VR Shenoy , Thank you sir - for your suggestions
>Our plan is to complete the trip on one day. From next time onwards, i will try to book the rooms in advance and will attend the night pooja.

> Iam not aware of Kadri Manjunath temple. This is the first time iam hearing about this temple and not aware of the history also. Thank you sir, i will plan to visit both the temples next time.

@VR Shenoy , Thank you sir - for your suggestions
>Our plan is to complete the trip on one day. From next time onwards, i will try to book the rooms in advance and will attend the night pooja.

> Iam not aware of Kadri Manjunath temple. This is the first time iam hearing about this temple and not aware of the history also. Thank you sir, i will plan to visit both the temples next time.
When you try to visit any temple during the normal days, there is no rush in temples and also get the rooms in hotel easily.

When you plan a visit again to Dharmasthala, you can plan to see other temples in and around Mlore besides Kadri Temple, such as

Gokharnathewar temple at Alke, Mlore,
Famous Mangaldevi temple,
Famous Marigudi temple.

There are 2 -3 famous temples not far away from Mlore -
Shree Durga Parmeshawari temple at Katil which is about 40 minutes drive from Mlr,

Shree Raja Rajeshawari Temple at Polali which is about 30 minutes drive from Mlr,

Shree Mookambika Temple at Kollur which is about 2 hrs drive from Mlr and Of course Udupi Shree Krishna Temple which is about an hour drive from Mlr on the way to Kollur.

Thread Starter #5
I have plans to visit Udipi, Murudeswar this year end. May be i will try to accommodate these places also along with the above mentioned ones. Thank you once again sir.

Top Bottom