PowerPig! KTM Duke 390 - October 2014

Thread Starter #226

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thank for the heads-up @deville_56 , I don't understand how OEM can't train their personnel to maintain uniform standard of information, intelligence and processes across dealerships, no wonder they loose customers to FNGs. Now I need to scout all KTM SVCs in Bengaluru for this 1.7L bottle.
SVCs are driving school for freshers. They hire as apprentice from ITIs, let them learn on our bikes and they move on to better options like their own garage or a mechanic with premium brand. Those who stick back gets promoted and still be underpaid and frustrated due to pressure. End result, ruining our machines and bad reputation for the company.

I'd still go for 2 one litre bottles as there would be enough to top up, 390s are oil drinkers. Ours takes approximately 100-150 mL every 1000 km.

I'd still go for 2 one litre bottles as there would be enough to top up, 390s are oil drinkers.
Thats the best choice.
SVCs are driving school for freshers. They hire as apprentice from ITIs, let them learn on our bikes and they move on to better options like their own garage or a mechanic with premium brand. Those who stick back gets promoted and still be underpaid and frustrated due to pressure. End result, ruining our machines and bad reputation for the company.
The biggest problem with ktm is spares availability outside the showroom. Or else most would be doing their service outside.

Thread Starter #228

deville_56

Honoured Member
The biggest problem with ktm is spares availability outside the showroom. Or else most would be doing their service outside.
Surprisingly, most of the FNGs servicing KTMs have routine parts in stock and they source rest of the parts in no time. Also the insta guy from whom I source spares also got most parts with him. And we have Bajaj showrooms for mechanical parts [cheers].

Surprisingly, most of the FNGs servicing KTMs have routine parts in stock and they source rest of the parts in no time. Also the insta guy from whom I source spares also got most parts with him. And we have Bajaj showrooms for mechanical parts [cheers].
That is not the case here. Oil Services are fine. But any major work is difficult unless the FNG has some ties with the service centre.

Top Bottom