Possibility of Installing Aftermarket Electric Side Mirrors (ORVMs)

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI members,

I have recently picked a Honda Brio SMT. This version does not have an internally adjustable ORVMs, neither electric not manual[cry] .

Though I was fully aware of this while purchasing, and I knew that this is the only part that I will miss if I don't go for the S(O)MT. However, I found SMT value for money and went with it any way.

I would like to know if its is even possible to get electric orvms fitted from aftermarket.
I understand that there are two types of E-ORVMS that the OEs provide, one that can be control the mirrors only like the S(O)MT version, and another one that lets you fold the mirrors with a flick like in i20. I checked with Honda, and they refused. If I can somehow get the first type at least, it would solve my issues.

Any inputs will help.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Aftermarket Electric ORVMs - Possible?

I would like to know if its is even possible to get electric orvms fitted from aftermarket. I understand that there are two types of E-ORVMS that the OEs provide, one that can be control the mirrors only like the S(O)MT version, and another one that lets you fold the mirrors with a flick like in i20. I checked with Honda, and they refused. If I can somehow get the first type at least, it would solve my issues.
Yes, aftermarket rear view mirrors are available that are electrically adjustable as well as foldable. It should be possible to fix one even more so since the electric adjustable mirrors are available on the top-end version. Please check with other authorized Honda Dealerships and if they do not agree for this job, inquire with some accessories stores and make sure that it does not hamper with the standard warranty.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

I checked with the Honda dealership in Gurgaon, They straightaway refused!!

I checked with a few accessory dealers this weekend, and no one was able to help..[cry]

Any Pointers??

hey sudeep ,
so your honda doesnt come with Rear view mirrors ?

Pictures please

Thread Starter #6

They do come with rear view mirrors. The higher version comes with electrically adjustable mirrors. Whereas mine (SMT) is neither electrically adjustable, nor manual i.e it doesnot even have the sticks inside to adjust..

oh then thats okay I thought not at all!
well thats a shame for honda to do that.
Mine 96 nissan skyline has it electric , i can close it open it adjust it everything.
For genuine- I guess you have to go search some wreckers if they have brio's and you can take out the wiring and switches..
if not you can buy aftermarket ones.

Mirrors :

09-12 HONDA FIT GE8 JAZZ SPORT SIDE VIEW REPLACEMENT MIRRORS GT ABS LT+RT BLACK | eBay

Switch
JDM Genuine 07~11 FIT HONDA MIRROR SWITCH GE6 GE7 GE8 JAZZ | eBay

or find whats available there and figure out

Thread Starter #8

For genuine- I guess you have to go search some wreckers if they have brio's and you can take out the wiring and switches..
if not you can buy aftermarket ones.
Well, wreckers I doubt coz its pretty new model. Tried aftermarket options in a few accessory shops.. but no go...:confused:

Man don't lose heart like this. your a car enthusiast.

am a aftermarket freak , I have nothing standard in my car , its all aftermarket. From engines intake to exhaust, from its computer to its throttle body, literally everything.

I got some homework for you.

Go to market, find a pair of electric mirror of any honda and their switch, if not honda try some other brand that will go with your car's shape.

Get the layout and take some pictures and then try to incorporate your IDEA to put those aftermarket ones on your car. no harm in giving a go than not trying at all.
don't be like Plug and play finder ! sometimes its other way around. you might have very unique set of mirrors and others might ask you for ideas .

goodluck .

Before you head off , I'll suggest you to at least take the measurements of the base of your mirrors

just go to mayapuri i am sure there already lot of wreaked brio there electric mirror and get it fixed by good electrical mechanic

I told you sudeep to go find aftermarket may be not for brio itself may be for other car , just paint them and get the circuit and install it yourself not hard man.

Posibility of installing electronic adjustable side mirrors

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I would really appreciate any help regarding my query.
I recently purchased a VW Vento Diesel Trendline for my Father due to the big price difference from Highline(although that was my preference).
I have installed alloys, mp3 player and rear parking sensors .

Would like to know if its also possible to install electronic adjustable side view mirrors too. This would be a great benefit. If so what could be the cost etc?

Thank you in advance,
Nishant

@Sudeep:-
First of all make it sure that this will not have any effect on the warranty of your car as the electronics will be added/tampered for the job to be done.

After that,contact ilango-speed thirst..:tongue:
He will surely give you the perfect answer for your query.

Last edited:

Top Bottom