Popular Service Centre, Maruti Suzuki (Trivandrum)

deville_56

Honoured Member
I suggest you change the service center ASAP.

Brother's colleague had to fight things out.

He gave his Ritz to replace rear bumper and asked to repaint front bumper. They dropped the wet bumper down and painting was screwed and they fixed without repainting. This was with brand new rear bumper. Front bumper was just shoddily sprayed and unfinished without rubbing or polishing and did only one side, instead of whole bumper. Add to trouble they stole the aftermarket towhook and closed the hole with hook cover. He complained with Maruti customer care and someone from HO came and screwed them up and then automatically the tow hook reappeared and they redone both bumpers.

This is why I always kept away from those morons.

Change to Indus or Hercules than regretting with screwups. Sometimes, some screwups can't be fixed.

Thread Starter #19
Thanks Deville,for the information,really annoying to know that some crooks are there within Popular also.

But my friend who gave his wagon r at hercules also had oops moments, unnecessarily so many work were carried out.

Finally what matters is our caution on these guys.

My SA during first service had asked whether to do Engine Lamination Coating.
I politely refused.
The ultimate motive of SA at every centre is to reach their target by inflating the bills.
Just to convey other members of TAI, 20k interval services generally tend to have higher amounts in bills,as it is major service,most parts are replaced.
This is mandatory as it will do the ride good.

Thread Starter #20
Today gave my car for 2nd free service,some funny moments occured-

9 AM- i drove in to service,my usual SA came after i told the receptionist to connect me to him,he came and checked the vehicle,noted down scratches, i told him,as its a free service just do plain washing-
I told him to open the engine bay-
As it was fully dusty ,he recommended engine bay full polishing (I think it did the job well)
Also i insisted to do Air filter cleaning (Engine Air filter)
He agreed and he also admitted it was needed.
He told me to replace cabin filter , i refused as i didn't see anything wrong with same one.
Bill estimated to 400 Rs.
Delivery by 130 pm

2.SA called me at 2 pm , said that vehicle was ready ,i told i will come by 3 pm.

3.At 5 pm(After my college only i went), to my surprise my car was parked at bay,neately washed,now to my routine jobs-Cross checking everything.
I handed bill copy to Reception to call SA,and to prepare full bill.
Meanwhile i dropped out,opened the bonnet,saw that bay was crisply washed,I opened air filter chamber,to my shock it wasn't cleaned(Not touched).
Checked boot,found told were safe but to my surprise ,spare wheel wasn't touched.

3. I reported to SA.he agreed the view( I appreciate the effort ,no complaints by him i mean no arguments,h admitted on spot,he called his mechanic team,to do the job,and gave a small scold ,as i had repeatedly demanded the same via phone.

Hope this will be an eye opener to all who do service at popualr,these guys do neat job,but make sure they do it.[;)]

Thread Starter #23
Got to know that one of my friend's has good relationship with Service bay manager at Indus, thereby planning to drop in my car at Indus during next service in January.

Can 3 rd free service availed there as previous 2 was done at dealership service centre?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Got to know that one of my friend's has good relationship with Service bay manager at Indus, thereby planning to drop in my car at Indus during next service in January.

Can 3 rd free service availed there as previous 2 was done at dealership service centre?
You can service at any Maruti Suzuki dealer across India.

Thread Starter #25
My 3rd free service was done at Indus Motors,Kumarapuram,Trivandrum.
As i knew the service floor manager there,he did the work under his best care.

Service Experience-

Floor manager uncle came at sharp 8 am in morning(Had talked over in phone to remove all valuables,floormats,tool kit ,USB's etc)Therefore Jack and stepney where the only components i gave .He asked me whether Wheel Alignment,balancing,rotation was needed as 10k service, i told him that i did my alignment at 7k, and as vehicle is just 8500 on odo,rotation and balancing won't be needed.He agreed to that immediately.
He specified the bill estimate as 1100.
I had told him to check with ride ,and if any issue is found you can replace the part after a call,he admitted that and had told ,if anything is to be changed we can cover under warranty.

At 630 pm he came with the ride,neately washed,interior wiped and vacuumed.
Bill amount was as he told 1065.
For Engine oil and oil filter,he told he had topped up the Windscreen wash fluid,Air filter and cabin ac filter was cleaned, and i checked that after he went,it was done neately.

My experience at Indus is superb.

I think if one gets a reliable hand at service cenrtre , we are tension free.

Top Bottom