Poor Buying & Service Experience with Sundaram Honda, Hyderabad

Thread Starter #1
Hi!

This is my first post on the forum, so please excuse any errors in presentation!

I booked Honda Amaze SMT Petrol towards November 2013 end from TVS Sundaram Motors on MG Road, Secunderabad. Paid Rs 51,000 as booking amount. It took them 3 weeks to deliver the weeks, during which the salesperson who initially took booking went on leave and did not respond to my calls for 2 days reg vehicle status and I was assigned another person after complaining to dealer's sales head.

I paid remaining amount (didn't receive even 1 rupee discount though it was year end) and took delivery of vehicle in Mid December 2013, a little more than 1 month back. At the time of delivery I happened to spend some time in verifying documents and found that the sales person has charged Rs 2200+ more from me than final invoice amount, and I was not informed of this. I immediately asked for clarification and he tried to cover up by saying that they will refund in 3 days. Also I was particular that I should not overspend on insurance. So I repeatedly asked them to clearly tell me what features are going to be added. They never answered and when I received insurance, some unnecessary features were added to it. After that, nobody from insurance company (Bajaj Allianz) resolved it... I called their customer care and Hyderabad office and sent several mails. The person from dealership who took insurance also never responded to my request.

This was not all! The refund which was promised in 3 days took 2 weeks. During which I had to speak to three salespeople and finally shout at sales head, before refund was given. [frustration]

I also gave a written complaint to Sundaram Honda head via sales incharge and provided my contact number. They never bother to call me or take any action. Guess my complaint letter must have been thrown into dustbin!

This was not all. The nightmare continued as I was given a defective car with malfunctioning gears. They keep getting stuck, are very hard and make a lot of sound!! [cry] I gave for 1st service at Sundaram workshop in Secunderabad and mentioned all the issues and they returned it back to me without repairing it. When gear continued being hard, I returned it back to them and they again gave it back with not much improvement. Strangely they kept me waiting for long, made my car very dirty with sand inside on the carpet with missing floor mats and a layer of dirt and leaves and bird droppings on my car! I asked them and they kept saying that they will do it after I take roadtest. I refused and forced them to atleast remove sand from inside car and took road test after they cleaned insides and put floor mats back. After road test, I realized that gears were still hard and making sound, so mentioned the same and asked them to clean car for delivery. They were inattentive and I had to shout at them (sales people, leads, managers, customer service people, cleaners) for 1 hour before they started cleaning the car!!!

The car continues to give trouble, and makes me regret for placing my trust blindly in Honda! I reached out to their customer care number and emailed the customer care and Vice president, but they don't seem to care. They rarely reply and that too after repeated reminder emails.

A very unpleasant buying experience from Honda India and TVS Sundaram motors and TVS Sundaram Service center. [frustration]

Last edited:
Re: Poor buying and service experience with Sundaram Honda, Hyderabad/Secunderabad

Honda does marketing very well and I think that's the only reason why Honda Amaze is a hot selling car. Also, Honda doesn't decrease a single penny but take extra money everywhere in India. But your horror stories about Honda ASS are news to me. I'll not buy Honda cars in future.

Re: Poor buying and service experience with Sundaram Honda, Hyderabad/Secunderabad

Hi!

This is my first post on the forum, so please excuse any errors in presentation!

I booked Honda Amaze SMT Petrol towards November 2013 end from TVS Sundaram Motors on MG Road, Secunderabad. Paid Rs 51,000 as booking amount. It took them 3 weeks to deliver the weeks, during which the salesperson who initially took booking went on leave and did not respond to my calls for 2 days reg vehicle status and I was assigned another person after complaining to dealer's sales head.

I paid remaining amount (didn't receive even 1 rupee discount though it was year end) and took delivery of vehicle in Mid December 2013, a little more than 1 month back. At the time of delivery I happened to spend some time in verifying documents and found that the sales person has charged Rs 2200+ more from me than final invoice amount, and I was not informed of this. I immediately asked for clarification and he tried to cover up by saying that they will refund in 3 days. Also I was particular that I should not overspend on insurance. So I repeatedly asked them to clearly tell me what features are going to be added. They never answered and when I received insurance, some unnecessary features were added to it. After that, nobody from insurance company (Bajaj Allianz) resolved it... I called their customer care and Hyderabad office and sent several mails. The person from dealership who took insurance also never responded to my request.

This was not all! The refund which was promised in 3 days took 2 weeks. During which I had to speak to three salespeople and finally shout at sales head, before refund was given. [frustration]

I also gave a written complaint to Sundaram Honda head via sales incharge and provided my contact number. They never bother to call me or take any action. Guess my complaint letter must have been thrown into dustbin!

This was not all. The nightmare continued as I was given a defective car with malfunctioning gears. They keep getting stuck, are very hard and make a lot of sound!! [cry] I gave for 1st service at Sundaram workshop in Secunderabad and mentioned all the issues and they returned it back to me without repairing it. When gear continued being hard, I returned it back to them and they again gave it back with not much improvement. Strangely they kept me waiting for long, made my car very dirty with sand inside on the carpet with missing floor mats and a layer of dirt and leaves and bird droppings on my car! I asked them and they kept saying that they will do it after I take roadtest. I refused and forced them to atleast remove sand from inside car and took road test after they cleaned insides and put floor mats back. After road test, I realized that gears were still hard and making sound, so mentioned the same and asked them to clean car for delivery. They were inattentive and I had to shout at them (sales people, leads, managers, customer service people, cleaners) for 1 hour before they started cleaning the car!!!

The car continues to give trouble, and makes me regret for placing my trust blindly in Honda! I reached out to their customer care number and emailed the customer care and Vice president, but they don't seem to care. They rarely reply and that too after repeated reminder emails.

A very unpleasant buying experience from Honda India and TVS Sundaram motors and TVS Sundaram Service center. [frustration]
Following is the contact number of Honda:
Honda Customer Assistance /Query - 1800113121 / 011 39898918
Kindly talk to Honda people directly and inform them about the problems you are facing with the car as well as your dealer. Everything should be rectified within short period.

Thread Starter #4

Honda does marketing very well and I think that's the only reason why Honda Amaze is a hot selling car. Also, Honda doesn't decrease a single penny but take extra money everywhere in India.
+1. Have to agree that Honda knows how to create an amazing brand image. They have always sold themselves as a 'premium' brand to Indian consumers.

The salesperson at Sundaram Honda tried to push me to buy a Brio instead of Amaze at the time of booking saying that they are giving free insurance. I decided not to fall for bait since gear and clutch in Brio Test drive vehicle sucked (it was just 15,000 km run and sitting at service center plus showroon... so didnt inspire confidence in me) and felt that back of Brio is too weird.

But your horror stories about Honda ASS are news to me. I'll not buy Honda cars in future.
+1. If good after sales service is important, I would not suggest Honda too! They are as bad as government offices (no offence to the latter)!

Thread Starter #5

Following is the contact number of Honda:
Honda Customer Assistance /Query - 1800113121 / 011 39898918
Kindly talk to Honda people directly and inform them about the problems you are facing with the car as well as your dealer. Everything should be rectified within short period.
Thanks for the details Marshal :) Sadly calling Honda Customer care number is of no use. I have tried it several times - to get refund faster from dealer (Sundaram Honda), regarding insurance cheating by dealer's agent, etc. No help from their side in resolving issue. They either call to close the complaint or don't call at all!

Funnily, the only time when Honda customer care helped by taking action is for arranging test drive. I called them for test drive and I was driving the demo vehicles in 4 hours of call.

Honda India also sent a feedback form to be filled up online. The site never works... shows some error or other. I have sent several emails and they said they have resolved the matter but it still doesn't work. (Copied Honda India vice president for each email but of no use!)

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Poor Buying and Service Experience with Sundaram Honda, Hyderabad

TVS sundaram were always an arrogant lot. the mahindra dealer in calicut was TVS in the past. they alway had a who cares attitude. sorry to hear your experience. try to escalate the matter to honda higher ups.

Thread Starter #7
Re: Poor Buying and Service Experience with Sundaram Honda, Hyderabad

TVS sundaram were always an arrogant lot. the mahindra dealer in calicut was TVS in the past. they alway had a who cares attitude. sorry to hear your experience. try to escalate the matter to honda higher ups.
Tried to escalate to Honda India, but they are equally bad. (Please see previous posts.) They seem to take action only till you pay money to buy Honda car. After -that, it is a 'not-my-concern [sleep]' attitude. [frustration]

My Email conversation with Honda India customer care reg feedback website reproduced below

To Customer Relationsanita@hondacarindia.com
Today at 10:16 PM

Hi

Nobody has called me yet. Poor response from Honda India!!

On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 10:48 AM, Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. --,

We are forwarding your feedback to the concerned. dept. for necessary actions. The team will get back to you for the same.

Regards,

Jaspreet Singh
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd., Greater Noida

To: Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>, "anita@hondacarindia.com" <anita@hondacarindia.com>,
Date: 19-01-2014 PM 11:36
Subject: Re: Kind Attn: Mr. ---

Hi

Thank you for replying. I'm not sure what Honda India has fixed. The error is still present and I'm unable to give feedback. Please see snapshot attached.

Received a faulty car which is giving me troubles from Day 1!!!
Unnecessary charges were levied on my insurance policy.

And Honda India takes ages to resolve issues!!!

----

On Wednesday, 15 January 2014 11:03 AM, Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. ---,

The mentioned link is now restored.

You may fill in your feedback.

Regards,

Jaspreet Singh

To: --, Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>, "anita@hondacarindia.com" <anita@hondacarindia.com>,
Date: 10-01-2014 AM 08:11
Subject: RE: Kind Attn: Mr. ---

No reply? Should i assume that Honda India doesn't have an active customer service team!?

--
Sent: ‎07-‎01-‎2014 19:25
To: Customer Relations; anita@hondacarindia.com
Subject: RE: Kind Attn: Mr. ---

Waiting for your reply. Surprisingly poor response from Honda!

---
Sent: ‎06-‎01-‎2014 19:51
To: Customer Relations
Subject: Re: Kind Attn: ---

Jaspreet,

Thanks for reply. Can you send template for feedback? Is the website error fixed or will it take time?

On Monday, 6 January 2014 10:00 AM, Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. --,

Ref. to your trail feedback, we wish to inform you that there is some technical problem in mentioned link and will be restored soon.

However, you may write your feedback to us. the same will be forwarded to the concerned dept. for necessary actions.

Regards,

Jaspreet Singh

To: "customer_relations@hondacarindia.com" <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>, "anita@hondacarindia.com" <anita@hondacarindia.com>,
Date: 05-01-2014 PM 02:41
Subject: Feedback error

Hi

I'm unable to submit on my recent purchase from Honda due to error on feedback page. My details are not visible in form.
Honda Customer Feedback Center

My vehicle number is ---

Images attached with error message. Please check and fix so that I can use the form!

---

[attachment "honda cars error form jan 19.PNG" deleted by Customer Relations/HCIL/AP/HONDA]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Honda Service center staff don't have courtesy to listen to customer problems and fix them. I'm informing the same issues during multiple visits and they keep returning the car without fixing the issues. Each time, they say "Its done sir" without fixing problems :(

My expereince with Honda Brio test drive vehicle not so good.
Though its peppy to drive, AC sucks to core and some how i feel i am sitting in Premium ALTO (I am Honda fan boy, Brio owners dont take me offensive)

Worst Thigh support + Leg room and then finally death blowing Boot space.
Come on Honda do you think we indians are so conjusss?

Talk to them via their facebook page and see you would be heard sooner then all this mail things that are never heard of.

I also faced problems in buying Honda city in 2012, but the trouble was with the dealer and not with Honda.
First I informed dealer about the issue, but no action was taken by them.
Then I contacted Honda at customer_relations@hondacarindia.com. Honda intervened and I received a call from the dealer that the issue had been taken up. The dealer asked me to close the complaint with Honda. As soon as I closed the complaint, the dealer started stalling it.
Again I mailed to Honda and it became a loop.
Then finally I mailed Honda that I neither talk to Honda nor dealer about this issue any more. If Honda India care little about its customers, they should get the issue resolved.
Immediately next day I got a call from dealer and my issue got resolved as Honda directly spoke with dealer’s MD to take immediate action.
Although it took more than a month to resolve the issue completely as Dealer always made false promises, finally with the positive support from Honda the problem was solved.
As Vijay suggested you should post the issue on Facebook as it is viewed by a large community, Honda may take action quickly.

Last edited:
I feel deeply saddened and at the same time shocked at the lousy response of Honda India in this matter. If they are too busy enjoying the revenue generated by their Amaze, then its time for a reality check, or else Honda may soon lose the market share.

Buddy, I understand it is frustrating, but keep sending them the mails and maybe a strong mail of taking this matter out on social media and consumer forum.

You have spent your hard earned money and hence deserve to get the best service.

I was in an impression that HONDA is the best in service within India, and that their cars are fault free and robust. I had a trust on japanese 6sigma test procedures. Anyways shocking to know your experience, and the poor response form Honda and the dealer.

I have been waiting for the New Jazz, just because of HONDA brand and peace of mind. But it seems my choice needs another look.

IMPO i think Honda is also going down the QUANTITY bug. earlier it had few and loyal customers and the dealers were good and mantained the rapport. But after BRIO and AMAZE, Honda is talking big on numbers and their dealers are not prepared / trained to handle so many cars coming in for service. e.g. Earlier say it was 5 cars a day, that has increased to 20 cars a day. So either they are not able to cope up / they dont want to cope up.

Thread Starter #15
My expereince with Honda Brio test drive vehicle not so good.
Though its peppy to drive, AC sucks to core and some how i feel i am sitting in Premium ALTO (I am Honda fan boy, Brio owners dont take me offensive)

Worst Thigh support + Leg room and then finally death blowing Boot space.
Come on Honda do you think we indians are so conjusss?
Agree. Also Alto has better gearbox, better rear, better FE, better ASS, and is cheaper to maintain [;)]

Talk to them via their facebook page and see you would be heard sooner then all this mail things that are never heard of.
I also faced problems in buying Honda city in 2012, but the trouble was with the dealer and not with Honda.
First I informed dealer about the issue, but no action was taken by them.
Then I contacted Honda at customer_relations@hondacarindia.com. Honda intervened and I received a call from the dealer that the issue had been taken up. The dealer asked me to close the complaint with Honda. As soon as I closed the complaint, the dealer started stalling it.
Again I mailed to Honda and it became a loop.
Then finally I mailed Honda that I neither talk to Honda nor dealer about this issue any more. If Honda India care little about its customers, they should get the issue resolved.
Immediately next day I got a call from dealer and my issue got resolved as Honda directly spoke with dealer’s MD to take immediate action.
Although it took more than a month to resolve the issue completely as Dealer always made false promises, finally with the positive support from Honda the problem was solved.
As Vijay suggested you should post the issue on Facebook as it is viewed by a large community, Honda may take action quickly.
The dealer even charged me some 2200 rupees more and didn't inform about this during delivery. When I was inspecting the vehicle documents on delivery day, I noticed the cheating! Promptly informed the salesperson who tried to cover up the issue and finally promised refund in 3 days. Refund finally came after regularly calling 3 different people from sales team for two weeks!! :(

A new person from Honda customer relations team has been responding promptly since few days. They have finally promised to arrange visit from Honda to check my vehicle in coming weeks, unlike the dealer (Sundaram Honda) who are non-commital on resolving issues. Let's see how it goes! (X fingers crossed)

I feel deeply saddened and at the same time shocked at the lousy response of Honda India in this matter. If they are too busy enjoying the revenue generated by their Amaze, then its time for a reality check, or else Honda may soon lose the market share.

Buddy, I understand it is frustrating, but keep sending them the mails and maybe a strong mail of taking this matter out on social media and consumer forum.

You have spent your hard earned money and hence deserve to get the best service.
Honda India's image has taken a major beating with Brio/Amaze quality compromise. A lot of goodwill they earned with City and Civic is definitely gone. Noisy diesel engines in Amaze/City remind you of Tata cars manufactured a decade earlier. Arrogant Honda dealers are only damaging Honda image further!

I was in an impression that HONDA is the best in service within India, and that their cars are fault free and robust. I had a trust on japanese 6sigma test procedures. Anyways shocking to know your experience, and the poor response form Honda and the dealer.

I have been waiting for the New Jazz, just because of HONDA brand and peace of mind. But it seems my choice needs another look.

IMPO i think Honda is also going down the QUANTITY bug. earlier it had few and loyal customers and the dealers were good and mantained the rapport. But after BRIO and AMAZE, Honda is talking big on numbers and their dealers are not prepared / trained to handle so many cars coming in for service. e.g. Earlier say it was 5 cars a day, that has increased to 20 cars a day. So either they are not able to cope up / they dont want to cope up.
Trust me... there is no six sigma quality in Brio/Amaze or dealership. May they were following 'minus six sigma' quality this time! :P :P

Honda ASS (Sundaram) are extremely lazy and work like a government office! I mean how many times should you inform them of the same issues before they even take it seriously. All the while, they are only interested in 'throwing out' the vehicles brought to the service center on the same day itself! That's the only thing they follow religiously!

Even to fix Headlight beam which was not proper, I visited Honda service center three times, and they confirmed like fifteen times that the issue is fixed... and the problem was still there!!! [frustration]

I had to shout at so many managers, staff, technicians, and finally follow up with Honda India for several weeks, before Honda service center even started looking into my issue! All the while wasting several weekends visiting service center, wasting fuel, wasting precious hours everyday to followup with Honda India and dealership, while cursing my bad luck at buying a Honda car! Just not worth the trouble... trust me!! [frustration]

Even making the guys clean the car took me one hour and shouting at several managers. ASS even removed floor mats and filled entire inside carpet with sand/dirt, which was cleaned only when I refused to get into the car till they clean it!

Please stay away from Honda! You will lose your peace of mind and time, and hard-earned money, which can be better invested elsewhere!

Last edited:

Top Bottom