Pollution Control Certificate - Which Shop in Your City

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so went to get the PUC certificate today.

good news is that PUC certificate is valid for 1 whole year in delhi earlier it was valid only for 3 months.

cost is the same at 80 rupees.

350Z

Core Team
Fantastic. Though do note that it is applicable for Euro-IV cars. i.e: most of the cars which are manufactured after April 2010.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Guys, are you sure that for new BS4 vehicles the owner is not required ti obtain the PUC certificate in delhi be it Petro or Diesel? I have just bought Safari Storme in Jan so i need not to get a PUC till jan 14. BTW is this rule mentioned somewhere on Govt site?

Guys, are you sure that for new BS4 vehicles the owner is not required ti obtain the PUC certificate in delhi be it Petro or Diesel? I have just bought Safari Storme in Jan so i need not to get a PUC till jan 14. BTW is this rule mentioned somewhere on Govt site?

Even I was looking for the same info. I did not get anywhere on the net.
But the SA at TASS said it is not required for new cars until a period of one year from date of sale.

Can some body confirm this.

Thanks,
Anshuman

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Fantastic. Though do note that it is applicable for Euro-IV cars. i.e: most of the cars which are manufactured after April 2010.

Drive Safe,
350Z
thanks for the update. i didn'y know this. i haven't checked PUC certificate of my other 2 cars which were manufactured before april 2010. will update for them as well.

Even I was looking for the same info. I did not get anywhere on the net.
But the SA at TASS said it is not required for new cars until a period of one year from date of sale.

Can some body confirm this.

Thanks,
Anshuman
this will clear your doubts.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...n-control-certificate-new-car.html#post245260

It is valid for 6 months in Hyderabad and number of mobile vans available all across the roads. Just think of it, you will find one in Hyderabad[:)]

I go it done for my bike today and my car needs one immediately

so went to get the PUC certificate today.

good news is that PUC certificate is valid for 1 whole year in delhi earlier it was valid only for 3 months.

cost is the same at 80 rupees.
amazing news AHC. earlier it was a pain to get it done every quarter.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
amazing news AHC. earlier it was a pain to get it done every quarter.
yes it is. and many times people don't bother checking the expiry date of the PUC.

OT - can someone please message me the link to the thread where challans discussion is going on and the amount of the challans.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Got mine last weekend and it’s valid upto March 2014. Now that’s a huge relief.

an update : PUC certificate validity is for 3 months for the cars manufactured before 2010 in Delhi.
Person who does the checkup told that even though validity is extended but the process has been made stringent. Passing CO levels are now 0.2% unlike 0.5% earlier.

can someone please message me the link to the thread where challans discussion is going on and the amount of the challans.
This link might be of some help: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...an-motor-vehicle-rules-laws-5.html#post133982.

Drive Safe,
350Z

For those in Bangalore & near HSR area - the Indian Oil bunk (Soubhagya, I guess) behind the BMTC depot does emission test for diesel vehicles too.

For cars (D) the charge is 100 Rs, validity 6 months. Timing till 6:30 PM.

Just got PUC certificate for my car last Saturday.

IN Faridabad they charge 30 INR for any petrol engine be it a 2 wheeler or a Car , for Diesel though they charge INR 50, I get it done from Bunk adjacent to Thompson Press on NH2. They tend to fill readings manually but if you insist( like i always do ) they will measure it for you.
The validity is 3 Months only [surprise] in here but it is a whole year for Delhi issued PUC for vehicles registered after 2010 ( I think ).

Top Bottom