Polish For Maintaining Beige Interior (Plastics)?

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Always use the car with AC. That way it will not get dirty. Much cheaper than using all sorts of cleaning products.
I use the car with AC most of the times. The main issue is with marks around foot wells. It is difficult to clean them.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well, I use colin to clean the beige dashboard and other plastic parts like door pads etc in my spark. Colin really cleans well. then I polish the surface with Waxpol vinyl polish.

Dear 350Z, for cleaning the marks around foot wells follow these steps:
1. Clean the area with a wet cloth and wipe it dry.
2. then spray colin on the remaining marks, let it be their for around 30 seconds and then wipe it with a soft cotton cloth or Sponge. Sponge is better if the area is too dirty.
3. repeat step 2 if need be.

From my experience, Colin is one of the safest products that can be used for dashboard cleaning.

**Please avoid kerosene, petrol, alcohol etc. Though they clean very well, after prolonged use dull patches will emerge on the plastic surface.

I'd strongly suggest to stay away from Colin for dashboard/seat cover cleaning. It's too abrasive a compound. You might not notice immediate degradation but gradually it starts to show it's effect. Also, when you apply colin and the car is left parked under sun, it generated harmful fumes by mixing itself with the benzene on the car's dashboard. These fumes are almost odorless but if you don't have a perfume in your car, you can smell them.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #21

350Z

Core Team
I'd strongly suggest to stay away from Colin for dashboard/seat cover cleaning. It's too abrasive a compound. You might not notice immediate degradation but gradually it starts to show it's effect.
I used to clean the door pads, foot wells etc of Maruti 800 using Colin. There is no issue whatsoever till now. Anyhow, I don’t like to experiment with new car. What product would you recommend? How about a mild solution of car shampoo perhaps? (Just for foot wells, not dash).

Drive Safe,
350Z

I used to clean the door pads, foot wells etc of Maruti 800 using Colin. There is no issue whatsoever till now. Anyhow, I don’t like to experiment with new car. What product would you recommend? How about a mild solution of car shampoo perhaps? (Just for foot wells, not dash).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Footwells are altogether a different thing than the dashboard plastics and art-leather, so, you might not have any degradation there.

Actually, to be honest, I too use colin on my 800 but few months later the fade was quite evident. I too confirmed this with a close friend working with one of the Maruti Service Masters in my area.

You can use any mild shampoo. just mix it in water (not too dilute) and apply. leave for couple of mins and then sponge it off. Pick smaller areas in each application so that you don't get tired.

freakdude.

Top Bottom