Police Cannot Stop You Anymore For Silly Reasons

Thread Starter #1
Guys good news is that police cannot stop us & fine for not having PUC certificate at the spot. And the police cannot stop one just for checking the documents & is allowed when one has violated traffic rules.

Check it Here.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
NO idea but i guess this will be implimented all over India.
Atleast you dare to speak with cop , If you know these things.

Yes is it all over India?

BTW good news especially for bikers as they are the ones who get stopped often!

But if the police are not allowed to do this then what only are their jobs?:lol!:

Yes this rule is applicable all over India. However, the point is if you try to argue with police man saying that he has no rights to do this, then you are definitely inviting trouble. A sub inspector can take your License under custody (read no one below in rank). PS: Police is better united than any other unions in India :tongue:

As mukesh says , we need to speak. dare and do.(my school motto)
A traffic constable have no rights to take your keys and bikes and car to police station if you violate a rule. he must give a case copy, pink slip. we need to pay the fine in court .

Only if you so not have a copy of RC with you, you can ask him to wait and bring them on some how. else show them at police station and take the car from them , be fast in this as the moment it goes to station , we know about our great police.

You have to stop if and when a Police officer not below the rank of a Sub-inspector asks you to do so, Its the law and comes under section 132 of the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. (Its another matter whether you have committed an offence or not,if you know what I mean?) Its like this and I may quote "132.Duty of driver to stop in certain cases.-(1) The driver of a motor vehicle shall cause the vehicle to stop and remain stationary so long as [may for such reasonable time as may be necessary,but not exceeding twenty-four hours]-
(a)when required to do so by any police officer not below the rank of a Sub-inspector in uniform,in the event of the vehicle being involved in the occurence of an accident to a person,animal or vehicle or damage to property,or]
(b)when required to do so by any person in charge of an animal if such person apprehends that the animal is,or being alarmed by the vehicle will become, unmanageable,or
(c)(Omitted by Act 54 of 1994,sec 40 (w.e.f from 14th November,1994.)
(2)The driver of a motor vehicle shall, on demand by a person giving his own name and address and alleging that the driver has committed an offence punishable under section 184
(section 184 is dangerous driving) given his name and address to that person.
(3) In this section the expression "animal" means any horse,cattle,elephant,camel,ass,mule,sheep or goat."

Also if you ride or drive on without stopping,you probably will be charged for not doing so.Also with the current situations in the country(Terrorism and what not) you may have to bear with a lot more inconveniences.
Also in accordance with Rules Of The Road Regulations,1989, Rule-32, You are required to carry your Driving licence,Registration Certificate,tax receipt and insurance certificate and in the case of transport vehicles-permit and fitness certificate also. But there is a choice here. In case you dont have the papers in possession,you can produce the extracts or extracts of the documents duly attested by any police officer or by any other officer or send it to the officer who demanded the documents,by registered post,within 15 days of the demand.
And I dont think bribing is the way to go or saying an excuse like I dont have time for all this. Its because no one has time that we have all these issues in the first place. Seriously if you dont have time,then maybe get a driver and he will go to court or the police station if there is a problem and you wont lose time cause you did not drive.
And the Motor vehicle Act,1988 extends to the whole of India,so does the Central Motor Vehicle Rules,1989.:cool:

Last edited:
I was expecting jalex reply here . and you did it.

Do you mean to say, you need to stop , even if a police constable or home guard ask you to do so . I am comfortable with it , they do their duty. I do not accept , even before giving the challan, they keep saying to pick the bike/car from police station. When the rules say i can pay up the fine in court producing the so called pink slip

There way of speaking , only if we reply in same tone , or say i have influence , they do change there tone. They think themself as lord! - irritatin , they are constantly look out for bribes , a rowdy look like guy is left off even he jumps a signal , but a man with formals is always caught up for slightest mistake.!

Ignorance is the biggest disadvantage for us against Cops. I still have no idea about the right and powers of cops and also our rights against them. The cops make good use of it. It would be much appreciated if someone posts information about these, that are valid all over India.

Recently i parked my Verna on the roadside( a good wide road and not congested) on the left most side corner without causing any disturbance to anybody. A traffic police SI came towards me asking to move the vehicle away. I argued saying this is not a NO PARKING zone and i have parked on the left side without causing any disturbance to anybody , so why should i move my car away? He said he need not give any explanation and i should move it. I said i cannot move sir , am sorry! He came to take the keys but i got to the keys before him and locked the car and said to him do whatever you want. I spoke polite but that SI was arrogant to the core!

I parked there just for 5 mins to buy few things and i said i will take in 2 mins but he insisted i take my car immediately or he will tow away the car. I said this is not a NO PARKING ZONE and i have not parked in a way causing disturbance to fellow motorists , so i cannot move my car and you please do whatever you can , i will face the court! The fellow on-lookers suggested me Sir please move your car , why do you want to create unnecessary problems.

The thing is firstly i refused to move because i said i will take my car in few mins , then the officer was arrogant and then the most important thing is i had to go roundabout for 5kms to reach my destination all through that traffic again if i moved from that place. And moreover it was not a NO PARKING ZONE and it was a 100feet wide road and i parked it to the leftmore corner as possible.

Mods sorry if i had gone OT!

Nothing till now. Actually my dad came in the middle of my arguement and my dad also reiterated the same things i mentioned. After that we took off the car and proceeded to my destination and that SI just walked off.

Begger went penniless . wow .

Usually people in business speak bold to the police . Most of the people in white collor job obey silly things of police blindly.

I would not mind even ending up in police station , for things like my vehicle towing , etc , but i have some friend who at the thinking of police station become nervous.

All the police must get a fitting reply!

Usually the small looking guys are the cops' target. If they find someone to be too soft, then he is done. And you have to pretend like you know everything about the way they operate.

350Z

Core Team
I agree to an extent with the real-time facts put here by all members, but do you actually feel that going illegal, such as bribing is the right way to go? Most probably not.

But there is a choice here. In case you dont have the papers in possession,you can produce the extracts or extracts of the documents duly attested by any police officer or by any other officer or send it to the officer who demanded the documents,by registered post,within 15 days of the demand. And I dont think bribing is the way to go or saying an excuse like I dont have time for all this. Its because no one has time that we have all these issues in the first place. Seriously if you dont have time,then maybe get a driver and he will go to court or the police station if there is a problem and you wont lose time cause you did not drive.
And the Motor vehicle Act,1988 extends to the whole of India,so does the Central Motor Vehicle Rules,1989.
Jalex, :agree: Could not have said that any better.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom