Please Suggest a New Car in Range 6-7L

Thread Starter #1
Hi
I am very new to this forum.
Please suggest me a car according to the below details given below.

Price range - 6 -7 L
fuel type -(preferably) petrol
type - hatchback
priorities - FE,comfort,space, safety,driving pleasure
short listed - Swift ZXI,Jazz select, Ritz ZXI , i20 sportz etc
Place -Kolkata

I am a bit confused between swift zxi and jazz select. I loved jazz for its space but swift for driving pleasure. I am a bit doubtful about jazz's maintaince cost. I plan to buy this car for 5 yrs but as a IT guy if i have to move onsite for long term,then i have to sell. which of these two (swift/jazz) will give me a better price if i sell it in next 6 montsh to 1 year.
I am planning to buy one next month and planning 1-2 lonnnnnng(like Caaaaar [:D] ) road trips in next 6 months.
I have already talked to both honda and MS dealers and they assure me that if i book in next 1 week ,they will be able to deliver it on or before 15th Nov.

Please suggest guys. really confused.[confused]

Thread Starter #3
the MS sales guy told me in the showroom that Swift is already available now in petrol but diesel has waiting period.also jazz has waiting period of 1 month.
I am more tilted around swift as i have a swift vxi old version now and i am happy with it.Maruti service is excellent and maintaince is low. but my only concern is leg space for long rides of 2000+ km.but long drive are occasional may be 3 per year. I know there is no all round car :( but still i want one which will satisfy both.I heard that MS has improoved leg space in new swift.
will swift zxi will be a good bet.I liked jazz for its space. when i took a TD ,i felt like a pilot rather than a driver while sitting in the driver seat of jazz :D . I like the interiors of new swift. which of these two is a pleasure for driving ?

Do the Test drive of Jazz and you will start loving it, at least I am. When I started my search, I considered following options

1. Swift
2.I20
3.Polo
4. Brio

Let me tell you the Pros and cons of each of them that I found

1. Swift - Pretty reliable and proven car, no doubt. Very old design and very common. Doesn’t like its curves. Nothing special that makes it superior then others in my list.

2. i20 - Driving comfort is less than its competitors in the my list. Even in the base models does not have many features that most of its segment cars are giving.

3. Polo - Good for highways. Running cost is very high as compare to others in my list. Rear seat spacing is too less. Overall driving comfort is good in comparison to any other car in my list. Network issue.

4. Brio - Value for money. Has everything except the boot space. High driving comfort, although lesser than Polo, superb engine, good mileage, running cost is also not much. Good reputation of Honda, No issue of after sale service as network is wide.

While at the Honda showroom, I saw Jazz and asked for the test drive and now I like nothing except Jazz

1. Same engine as that in Brio
2. Toooooo spacious
3. Superb driving comfort
4. Feels like a mini Innova
In base model itself you will get all the necessary features like air bags, music systems etc. No other car is offering in their base models.

I don't know why Honda is not marketing jazz as it is doing for other cars.

Thread Starter #6
I am thinking of same reason as Jayadev mentioned.also heard that honda is launching diesel versions of brio,jazz and city in late 2013 or early 2014.also a brio sedan is planned. Thats why I am waiting for jazz diesel. now i am thinking about swift zxi as it is already a new version. my only concern is regarding long road trips. will swift be comfortable for long drives of 2000+ kms. also my height is 177 cms(5ft 9inch). will the height of swift be good for me?

Why not i20 sportz? It has the space you need,much more than the swift. If you are planning to sell off quickly, you can expect decent resale value too. Its loaded with long list of gizmo's too. About the ride quality, why don't you TD and check?

Thread Starter #11
Hi All,
Thanks a lot for your sugestions.
I have done the TD of swift zxi, polo highline(P),polo highline(D), punto emotion(D), Honda jazz X,ford figo(D) titanium,swift dzire zxi,
Please find below my exp.
1.Swift (my all time favourite).
The new swift is even better than my current one.I love its throttle response.there is an instant reaction once i hit the gas paddle.the only -ve thing is its 232ltr boot.I dont think a 30kg check in bag will fit there. also for long long trips its not fit.
2.polo (P)- everything is perfect except power,only 75ps 3 cylinder engine.after the td when i drove my good old swift,i felt the difference.
3.polo(D)- As a diesel engine,poorer response than polo petrol.Also i didn't liked any diesel engine. so not good for me.
4.Punto(D)- packed with feature.highest ground clearance.iconic multijet diesel engine.1st time i felt like its as good as petrol.very less noise.but i didn't liked the interiors.also my friends didn't liked sitting at back seat.
5.jazz- I blew away by the performance of the car. simply awesome. infinite space.all good except 2 things.160 mm GC and milage. the honda sales guy told me " expect 10-12 in city and 15-16 on highways". :( heart breaker. I learned from the internet that 14-15 in city and 18-19 in highways.
6.ford figo- I didn't liked the performance and handling.1 +ve thing.AC is super cool. Chilled!!
7. dzire zxi(P) -swift + decent boot space +19.1 kmpl(.5kmpl more than swift) + dual tone dash board +baige interiors + good height + 170mm GC
perfectly fir for my requirement.

after a lot of thought,finally booked dzire zxi . :).
hope i have taken a good decision. :)[:D]

Out of your choices i would tell Swift reason being your own requirement, you had mentioned that you might sell it if a situation arises and in your case if you have a 30 days prior notification for your onsite, which means you have 30 days to sell your car

No best choice because in a market if your a swift owner selling your car the buyer will find you but if you are a Jazz owner you would have to find the buyer, this might sound odd but believe me its actually like what i said

Swift sells very soon in case you want to sell it be it petrol or diesel

And moreover suggested you swift because you too were inclined on it felt so looking by at your post and with no offences to Honda Jazz owners its a very good car but you really need to use it to know what premium hatchback really means and with the price its offered, boy you might get all you want

Now a car with something of that class its hard for you to find a prospective buyer or the prices they may offer you in the second hand market might let you frown and keeps you [thinking] on your next decision

Hi All,
Thanks a lot for your sugestions.
I have done the TD of swift zxi, polo highline(P),polo highline(D), punto emotion(D), Honda jazz X,ford figo(D) titanium,swift dzire zxi,
Please find below my exp.
1.Swift (my all time favourite).
The new swift is even better than my current one.I love its throttle response.there is an instant reaction once i hit the gas paddle.the only -ve thing is its 232ltr boot.I dont think a 30kg check in bag will fit there. also for long long trips its not fit.
2.polo (P)- everything is perfect except power,only 75ps 3 cylinder engine.after the td when i drove my good old swift,i felt the difference.
3.polo(D)- As a diesel engine,poorer response than polo petrol.Also i didn't liked any diesel engine. so not good for me.
4.Punto(D)- packed with feature.highest ground clearance.iconic multijet diesel engine.1st time i felt like its as good as petrol.very less noise.but i didn't liked the interiors.also my friends didn't liked sitting at back seat.
5.jazz- I blew away by the performance of the car. simply awesome. infinite space.all good except 2 things.160 mm GC and milage. the honda sales guy told me " expect 10-12 in city and 15-16 on highways". :( heart breaker. I learned from the internet that 14-15 in city and 18-19 in highways.
6.ford figo- I didn't liked the performance and handling.1 +ve thing.AC is super cool. Chilled!!
7. dzire zxi(P) -swift + decent boot space +19.1 kmpl(.5kmpl more than swift) + dual tone dash board +baige interiors + good height + 170mm GC
perfectly fir for my requirement.

after a lot of thought,finally booked dzire zxi . :).
hope i have taken a good decision. :)[:D]

Hey congrats for your Dzire, which color you booked [:)] and how about this

Attachments

Thread Starter #15
I have booked the dzire zxi and told the sales guy any light color will do like baige/silver/grey. This color is also very good but my parents like light colors specially, silver or baige. I am getting impatient day by day. [lol] .the sales guy has told me for last week of nevember. but i told him to try by 2nd week of november. [:D] .lets c.

Top Bottom