Please Avoid Driving on Footpaths

Got confused. If possible later whenever possible, pls post the pic which you are talking about. Just will give clear pic sorry if am too basic.

Actually I do not know there is a traffic rule like that. But basically using common sense I understood that we should not go on foot path [ but in one or two occations I did it[embarass]] And to my knowledge I have never heard anything about it from CCTP also. Chennai/TN guys pls let me know if any one of you heard this. so that I can also be careful [But now a days my bike/car ridding is very less since travel to office is company bus]

Last edited:
Hi Sethu,

The best possible way to describe the path is there in attached image.
That was very clear. Here in chennai so many foot paths are like that.

But actually I was think like in this article

-------

Platform - Alternate driveway for two wheelers

In cities like Bangalore, two wheelers choose Platform as an alternate driveway during rush hours. This is highly dangerous to Pedestrians walking on the platform. Rather than Traffic Police caught these folks - people (two wheelers) should think before they get on to a platform as a travel route!

*** Pedestrians should warn them and inform the traffic police ***
*** Working professionals do this mistake often, which is shame to the working community ***
*** Start early to work and avoid driving on platforms ***

Find the picture taken at BTM 2nd stage, 29 Main Road towards BTM-Outer Ring Road

two wheeler on platform.jpg

Thread Starter #19
naah, I never do that. I just crossed and that too on a deserted footpath where you will find some cows seating and shirting.

Thread Starter #20
haa haa, today my wife got a ticket at one of U turn in front of RMZ Infinity: Old Madras Road. So it's a total penalty week.

Wed : 300
Thu: 100 ( Notice received for 8 aug)
Fri : 100

Mr. Ertiga.. As you mentioned it is Penalty week.

I could n't control my laugh when i saw your 'HA HA' at the beginning, I thought you got ticket again.

Hai guys
so sad to hear our Ertiga-ZMR was fined and the penaulty week[cry].
Have any one visited pondicherry before?
We dont have footpath people would walk on road so no one have to fined[lol]
We have footpath in JN Street but no one use that instead walk on Road.

Hai guys
so sad to hear our Ertiga-ZMR was fined and the penaulty week[cry].
Have any one visited pondicherry before?
We dont have footpath people would walk on road so no one have to fined[lol]
We have footpath in JN Street but no one use that instead walk on Road.
We have footpath on every(or most) roads. Hardly anyone uses them. Its now just a place to park vehicles, run a chai-shop or an extension for your shop.

We have footpath on every(or most) roads. Hardly anyone uses them. Its now just a place to park vehicles, run a chai-shop or an extension for your shop.
I think everywhere it is like this. People easily occupies the foot path. At that time no one bothers. After seeing one person, another follows him and next. Once the entire foot path will be occupied.

At that time some one tries to evacuate them, and by that time they would have formed a union/association and fight against evacuation. Finally our court will ban the move or evacuation and those people will live happily on foot path and pedestrians walk on the road, meet with accident, die etc etc.

instead actions can be taken at the initial stages. I am seeing the road [nearly 80 feet] is being slowly occupied by van drivers, garbage bins, chai/soup/chicken pokoda shops. and hardly vehicles can go in this road. Let us see what is happening.[frustration]

Top Bottom