Planning to ICE My Ford ikon

Guys i had seen one ad in my company classified stating that there is a JBL GTO3501 amp for sale 350W. He says it is just 2 months used and he needs 3500 bugs for it. As far as i researched it seems like a Mono amp(Wht is a mono amp?). And its MRP is around 11000 bugs in rediff site. Is it a good buy???? Need to ICE my car as early as possible....
where you saw this ad be careful asking price is too low even if its 2 years old.

Thread Starter #17
Guys i work for Wipro in chennai. I hve checked it in the classifieds in our intranet site. Find the details of the AD below:

JBL GTO3501 AMPLIFIER
Make: JBL CAR Amplifier
Watts: 350W
2.1 channel / 1 Sub-woofer
MRP: Rs.5000/-
2 Months old.
Expected price: Rs.3500/-

For your budget you get a regular one.

the sub needs to be in 5000 rs bill and you need kinda just a amp to power them and they just work. its been used by almost lot of them

a 2 channel jbl and a jbl sub just works but not thump! hope you get what i say. and this must comes in your budget.

any sub need a required power to have a great thump .
No i am not speaking in terms of loudness!

Holy satan need a amp and sub and so we'll continue that ikons discussion in this thread itself.

Our desired final result
There must be sub punch and not so -called thump'

Planned one RF 500 mono and a RF or id subwoofer.
these two must cost about 34000/- approx and wirings and most exactly we need a head unit. !!!

Hey that is a mono amp alright but its MRP is 14k not 5k. I have the same mono amp in my car. Am not sure why he would want to give it at such price and its just two months old!

@ Ilango That is a great ICE setup! Looks like it will be a great setup in 55-60k range totally.

Thread Starter #22
Hey that is a mono amp alright but its MRP is 14k not 5k. I have the same mono amp in my car. Am not sure why he would want to give it at such price and its just two months old!

@ Ilango That is a great ICE setup! Looks like it will be a great setup in 55-60k range totally.

Dhaya: i still confused why bugger it selling it. Anyways i have replied to him but he is still to respond back.

Thread Starter #25
Guys today i had taken my car for ICE revamp to Powerzone in royapettah. My budget was 15k but it seems my Blaupunkt HU is not good to hold a amp & sub. Guys there suggested me to change the HU if ICE setup to hold good. I didnt hve budget for the same so i returned back in vain. May in a month or 2 i ll hve some money to complete my ICE setup.

Well that is what i told you initially. If you need to get good thump from woofer then you need a good HU too. I think around 30k you can get a good setup.

good ICE Installers in Chennai

I don think your HU will be suitable for show-off , am not sure though. But my advice is get a good HU and component speakers first for your car with your budget now. Go for amps and sub later. A good HU is really needed for show-off!

Where do you live in Chennai? In Anna Nagar there are some good shops who do a good job.
==================================================
My Friend lives in T.Nagar and is looking for good ICE Installers

Have suggested him "Metal Effects" but he basically feels it a rip when it comes to install with him.

As a second option picked "Powerzone in royapettah" from our community member Bharath suggestion. Any reviews on this guy ?

Welcoming more options on good installers in Chennai, place and distance should not a constraint as long as it is great and quality work.

I would suggest you go all the way to Pondicherry and get it fixed from our member Ilango's new shop![;)]

There are many good installers around Chennai , even i am yet to find a good installer.

Thread Starter #29
Powerzone is good place for ICE setup. The person name is sarvanan he knows the job very well. My friend had given a intro wid him. He speaks his mind. It is definitely worth going there. His contact no is 9841534934.

I would suggest you go all the way to Pondicherry and get it fixed from our member Ilango's new shop![;)]

There are many good installers around Chennai , even i am yet to find a good installer.
I ll try with Ilango. Give some more details abt his shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can check out Bala from Teknokrat & Charles from Metal Effects.

These guys are the best in city when it comes to ICE. If you get a chance to meet them personally, you wil get N number of ideas & inputs.

Most of BMWs, Audis, Mercs, Jaguars are from here & Oscar winner ARR also ICEd his car from Metal Effects.

All you need is 20K for basic installation [Just installation cost alone] !!

Top Bottom