Planning to ICE My Ford ikon

Thread Starter #32
Guys it is been a long time i visited the thread. I am redoing my ice setup again for my ikon. One of my friend is coming from dubai by this month end.

I want to change my HU for a DVD HU, mono amp. Pls suggest some good DVD HU and model of it. Even for the mono amp.

Cheaper one , is pioneer dvd.
next one with voice clarity is sony .

pioneer one must be 8500 for grey and 8900 or less for 2yr warrenty.

Sony is some where near 12500.

above them comes all other things .
jvc starts from 10k range , one thing is avail near 7K but that is very normal one.

Mono amp range starts from 6500 , jbl , 7.5K for sony . vary with model and warrenty.

rockfordfosgate [prime] comes near 13500/-

hmm what is your budget.

Cost in dubai is same as in india!

Thread Starter #34
ilango: My budget is around 25k max. I heard from my friend that in dubai in duty free it is some where close to 10-12k you can save on the overall setup.

Okay buddy but i am still confused which is good for an ICE setup a DVD HU or just a normal MP3 unit will do.

If for an DVD HU which one is better or the best. I am now decided with RF mono amp.

ilango: My budget is around 25k max. I heard from my friend that in dubai in duty free it is some where close to 10-12k you can save on the overall setup.

Okay buddy but i am still confused which is good for an ICE setup a DVD HU or just a normal MP3 unit will do.

If for an DVD HU which one is better or the best. I am now decided with RF mono amp.
Rf mono is one good amp , hope you are getting the prime model . its base variant. it helps in 2 ohm connection.

what i know is , price in dubai and india are almost same.
these products are to be bought in usa. there is some offer all the times and avail at lowest rate. hmm almost 1/3rd rates . Hope the good friday that is yet to come will have almost 70% discount.

the sound quality doesnt depend upon dvd or mp3.
they depend upon the headunit and its output.

the best mp3 unit may be lower in price compared to best dvd unit. that is the difference.

hard core music lover dont go for dvd . they just want to hear loads of song.

eclipse , clarion , are some best brand. next comes alpine , kenwood etc.

Thread Starter #36
ilango[speed thirst];70868 said:
Rf mono is one good amp , hope you are getting the prime model . its base variant. it helps in 2 ohm connection.

what i know is , price in dubai and india are almost same.
these products are to be bought in usa. there is some offer all the times and avail at lowest rate. hmm almost 1/3rd rates . Hope the good friday that is yet to come will have almost 70% discount.

the sound quality doesnt depend upon dvd or mp3.
they depend upon the headunit and its output.

the best mp3 unit may be lower in price compared to best dvd unit. that is the difference.

hard core music lover dont go for dvd . they just want to hear loads of song.

eclipse , clarion , are some best brand. next comes alpine , kenwood etc.
Ilango thanks for the info. I just saw few HU . Just check them out whether they are good and which one to choose from these.

Pioneer MVH-8250
Pioneer DVH-P4150UB
Pioneer DEH-9350SD
Kenwood KDC-U546BT
Kenwood KDC-U6046
Alpine iDA-X305S
Alpine DVA-9965E or 9816E

Alpine dv 9965 , cannot play dvd that are bought here.
they are desgined to play dvd in region 1 , that is usa
Hell good for you to play mp3

Kenwood , u546bt has only 2 preout and so ruled out . good if you are going to use only front comps by a good 2 channel power amp.

out of these , my pick will be a ida series. good at moderate price.

Top Bottom