Planning The Great Ladhakh Trip

Hiring a suv is an expensive affair. Around 25k for 10 days + 12k(fuel). And i being a driving enthusiast, i want to take my sweetheart getz there. Succeded the last time, I am little confident of doing it again this time and till leh..
But i am still trying for SUV. Time will tell. I am just praying to god.[drive]

Thread Starter #63
ok guys i have fixed the date its 30june .
right now me,hsrah,anubhavt from another forum and hsrah two friends are going .

Happy to find things are getting in shape . Happy and safe journey guys. Will make it next year after reading your experiences. Feeling bad that couldn't join you this year [cry]

Thread Starter #66
Happy to find things are getting in shape . Happy and safe journey guys. Will make it next year after reading your experiences. Feeling bad that couldn't join you this year
i can't really say let hope everything turn out as we planned . Really we will miss you . i was very happy when you told you are also interested but bad news that you aren't coming. But work is first thing in the end its all money world without money you can't fulfill your dreams . But next year i won't hear any excuse even if i have to kidnap you from your company place [lol]

@dodge_v1per lol its till you have road . there are places as told by few people who had travelled there many time that you need 4X4 there else there are chance of getting stuck and no one to help around except few ghosts [lol]

i can't really say let hope everything turn out as we planned . Really we will miss you . i was very happy when you told you are also interested but bad news that you aren't coming. But work is first thing in the end its all money world without money you can't fulfill your dreams . But next year i won't hear any excuse even if i have to kidnap you from your company place [lol]
Really proud be part of this community. I have been in the community for only 2 months and now I have good friends around me. Thanks Rahul for the concern shown, Sure will not miss next opportunity to ride around these mountains with you.

happy to read you guys planning for the great mountain trip. its a dream for me too. hope to make such a trip some day in the future. good luck to you all, have a safe & exilerating journey.

@ auto_luver- ofcorse mate, do go next year for sure. We will miss you.

@dodge_v1per - ohhh yes. that was an achievement. Its actually true that car dosent matter, What matters is the nut behind the wheels. :cool: So ofcourse hatchbacks can also make it.

@mastersquall- Even on bad stretches (nallahas) , small cars can do it. Its preferable to have suv but not necessary. But with suv one travels faster. Average 2-3 hours are saved per day.

@ Smooth_rider- Thanks a lot and best of luck with you too. I am sure you will go but visit Leh before 2014/2015 as by then 4 lane highway will be constructed. There will be no adventure in that accordint to me. [sleep]

Oh so the first Leh trip is already planned! At first i thought of taking my car there but now after seeing the whole thread , i am a bit concerned about the abuses the car is subject to!

Well anyways i can't make it for now , i will go there for sure once people down south like Jayadev , Ilango , Holysatan are ready to go!

Wishing all the members who are going this time a very happy , wonderful and safe trip.

350Z

Core Team
Great to see the things wrapping up. I didn’t expect this to happen so early. Good luck and keep us updated with photographs while on the tour. Hopefully rest of us can plan another trip within next couple of years.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #72
@hsrah from past leh has changed lot . where in past you can't even think about going there in small car today it is very much possible thanks to road which are being build there at fast rate . i have read experience of same guy who went there 4times . he did mentioned that first and second time it was very difficult . land soil wasn't much good you could see you wheel going inside soil if you don't drive it on 4X4 but now in his last visit he said only few places he had to use 4X4 that is 2% . rest of time he travelled on 4X2 . so what he expect in future that going to leh would like going to picnic thanks lot of road which would be completed . So this was main reason for me to hurry . i want experience that tough road which are still left .

Thread Starter #73
Oh so the first Leh trip is already planned! At first i thought of taking my car there but now after seeing the whole thread , i am a bit concerned about the abuses the car is subject to!

Well anyways i can't make it for now , i will go there for sure once people down south like Jayadev , Ilango , Holysatan are ready to go!

Wishing all the members who are going this time a very happy , wonderful and safe trip.
don't worry i think within 2-3years new road will completed so your car won't need to take any abuse

Thread Starter #74
hmmm manali-leh roads are still closed . only srinagar -leh are open . I hope by june manali roads get open

Last edited by a moderator:
The link to the Official webpage of Leh/Ladakh shared by Mastersquall has been added to the opening post of this thread here.

Top Bottom