Planning The Great Ladhakh Trip

Good plan though i am always busy but let me know time and date i will take time out
No issues buddy. Even i am not sure of when i will be doing this, but one thing is sure; we all, at some corner of the heart, have a wish to conquer these roads. With this thread, we can help those who have been thinking of this trip but couldn't make it due to some or the other reason.

This is a very helpful thread for those who plan to conquer LEH thanks for sharing it, i have heard and read a lot about Mr.HVK but i always used to wonder what exactly is his profession any Idea?

This is a very helpful thread for those who plan to conquer LEH thanks for sharing it, i have heard and read a lot about Mr.HVK but i always used to wonder what exactly is his profession any Idea?
Sorry buddy, i have no idea about his profession. But one of our member Avinash too did the Great Leh Ladakh drive last year. Heres the link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/4998-leh-ladakh-road-trip-mahindra-scorpio.html. As a matter of fact, he did the same stretch this year too. I hope he posts the details of his trip here soon.

Okay guys, no doubt this is my favorite thread because this thread deals with my favorite road.
I am a student cum businessman and hence as soon as my 6th sem is over, I am going on this trip. I wasn't able to do this trip in 2012 due to some health issues but now I have turned to biking and this time I am planning to do it on my 220.

In other words...members I am ready for the trip..any time in june, july or August 2013.

Even I'm also thinking about Leh trip in my Vista. But I don't know whether my Vista handle those roads or not.

I've read so many Leh trip in some other forums, there I saw Hatchbacks performing on those roads.
But still so many confusions.

I don't whether my parents allow me or not. Is it possible to travel with parents.

Without knowing Hindi, is English only is enough to communicate there.

Is any group planning Leh trip from Chennai or Bangalore with family, so that I can join with them in my Vista or shall I go only with family and so many questions arising when I think about Leh trip.

Still I'm in confusion state. But definitely I'll do the Leh trip and I'm waiting for that day.

I hope your ideas and suggestions help me to make the trip ASAP.

Guys from Delhi I am re-planning my trip to Ladakh this year in June. The route I have chosen is through Kargil as i don't want to wreck my Punto. So maybe we can team up and drive up together. If you happen to be reading this and have plans for the same, let me know and i will arrange for a meet up in Delhi. Replies awaited :-)

mate iam planning a trip to ladakh this june. hope to reach srinagar on the 6/ 7th.will go to leh and come back via manali. hope to meet you some where in the circuit.

Team members and car lover. Our plan is active now. We are doing leh through manali. below is the itinerary-

8th June Delhi to Manali
9th Manali to Sarchu ( will stop for an hour for pics at Jispa)
10th Sarchu to Leh
11th leh to Kardungla and back
12th Leh to Pangong and back
13th local sight seeing ( adhog plans)
14th Leh to Sarchu
15th Sarchu to Manali
16th Manali to Delhi

We might come back via Srinagar but that depends on our moods and vote form the team

Btw we are taking two Punto's. Both Diesel :-). ANyone from delhi are more than welcome to join us

Road trip to the ROOF OF THE WORLD... Leh-Ladakh 2013

Hi All,

The bug of a trip has bit us once more and this time it is the ROOF OF THE WORLD... Leh-Ladakh!!!

Me and a bunch of friends are RIDING to Leh-Ladakh this June.

This is just an FYI.. thread.. More on this after we return [;)]

Re: Road trip to the ROOF OF THE WORLD... Leh-Ladakh 2013

So a mega trip is ahead. Best of luck buddy [clap].
Now you guys might be preparation stage. Share those information as well.

Please continue the planning of the Leh-Ladakh trip in this thread itself. Maybe this could turn out to be a TAI grand tour[;)].

Threads Merged.

Re: Road trip to the ROOF OF THE WORLD... Leh-Ladakh 2013

So a mega trip is ahead. Best of luck buddy [clap].
Now you guys might be preparation stage. Share those information as well.
Amit,

Thanks buddy [:D] Yup, we are in the prep phase of the trip. Preparing route maps and booking tickets.

I will share the detailed trip plan shortly.

Top Bottom