Planning The Great Ladhakh Trip

Anybody in for a road trip to Leh from delhi in June?

Guys I am planning a road trip from Delhi to Leh in June. Infact I have been planning this trip for a long time, but somehow have not been successful. I initially planned this trip when I was in Bangalore. Now I am transferred to Delhi and will be here for a couple of years. SO do not want to miss the chance of making it this time. I am planning to take my Diesel Punto for this awesome trip. I have read lot of reviews saying that a SUV is best suited for this trip. However I would drive slow, but would love to take my Italian beauty for this trip. Till now I and my wife are ready. I would love to go in a group with decent road trip enthusiast and have a wonderful time with our mean machines. Please send me your inputs and advices.

Guys I did not get any cooperation or replies, except 350Z, on my enthusiastic post for a trip to Leh from Delhi. Let me rephrase my post. Can I get some support from guys who are willing to make it to Leh from Delhi in this June in thier cars. I am talking cars only..No SUV's..as i am taking my Punto..please reply..I am waiting with a lot of hope

from the posts in other sites i have read,going to ladak in cars will be risky as the roads are bad at places. i too intend to make a ladak trip from kerala.but i don't have an suv or even a muv. and if ones vehicle gets stranded there are no proper service centres in that areas, with temperature dipping to minus degrees getting stranded on the way will be suicidal. true that even nano have made it to ladak but i think they went in convoys, where in there was large vehicles ie suvs with 4x4 to pull them out of the slush.

Thread Starter #96
from the posts in other sites i have read,going to ladak in cars will be risky as the roads are bad at places. i too intend to make a ladak trip from kerala.but i don't have an suv or even a muv. and if ones vehicle gets stranded there are no proper service centres in that areas, with temperature dipping to minus degrees getting stranded on the way will be suicidal. true that even nano have made it to ladak but i think they went in convoys, where in there was large vehicles ie suvs with 4x4 to pull them out of the slush.
as long as you stay in tourist route its safe as most of road are good but still Good GC car is needed

well looking at GC of punto be ready with huge bill of repair
Ye thats a challenge..I have been thinking this over for quite some time. But I plan to revamp the GC before taking her out. Maybe it depends on the driver how you take care of your car. I will drive slow, but surely will go to Leh in my Punto

Thread Starter #99
Ye thats a challenge..I have been thinking this over for quite some time. But I plan to revamp the GC before taking her out. Maybe it depends on the driver how you take care of your car. I will drive slow, but surely will go to Leh in my Punto
indeed if you drive carefully you can do it without much problem as leh is not same as it was many years now there are roads on which you can travel . Good luck with your trip plan . Me too have planned of visiting leh this year but will travel every place means even road where hardly any one travel

Finally finally finally I have 3 guys driving in their GP from Blore to Leh this June. They will join me and two of friends from Delhi. I will take my GP. SO it will be two GP's from Delhi to Leh. We have not decided on the exact dates, but most probable it will be second week of June. if anybody is interested to join us, we will be more than happy. the more the merrier...lets hit the roads guys !!!

The Leh road is still a dream for me. I need atleast 2 more years to prepare myself for the the amazing journey of the lifetime!

Even me to talking to few friends if everything goes as plan then atleast 2safari will visit LEH between may-july
mastersqual..maybe we catch up en route n meet for a cup of tea. I will be driving through Srinagar, kargil as my car wont take the road through manali. We are planning first or second week of June

Top Bottom