Planning The Great Ladhakh Trip

anybody made the ladakh trip? please update
Dr sahab,right now I am a patient of jaundice,but if everything goes well then I am going to make this trip either in end of July(looks nearly impossible,jaundice has made me really weak) or in first week of September.And yes,we are planning to do it either on two bikes(both Pulsar 220) or in an Innova.

Well I haven't :( but I am hoping on mid august
Buddy still you are hoping,that means you are still on 50:50.Arey leave aside everything,take your wife or your friends and leave.You seems to be a bit too scared of this trip while the road is driveable there.

Dr sahab,right now I am a patient of jaundice,but if everything goes well then I am going to make this trip either in end of July(looks nearly impossible,jaundice has made me really weak) or in first week of September.And yes,we are planning to do it either on two bikes(both Pulsar 220) or in an Innova.

Buddy still you are hoping,that means you are still on 50:50.Arey leave aside everything,take your wife or your friends and leave.You seems to be a bit too scared of this trip while the road is driveable there.
Vipul i would suggest you the second option, Innova.

When my father came to know about my Badrinath trip,from the very same day I am not allowed to take the bike out of my city.Now I am thinking what will be the scene when he will come to know that again I left home in a car and reached the destination on a bike!!:stupid:

Actually it depends on the weather at Rohtang and above,in case it will be fine then it may be bikes.The guys(two of them) accompanying us are having a good experience of the road and the bikes also will be their only.Secondly one more friend of mine is ready to accompany us.

Rest right now its 60:40,60 in favor of Innova and 40 for bikes..let's see what time has planned ahead.

Actually the biking bug was silent,first of all it risen and I took it to Badrinath and after returning I fed it with this book(The writer did Pune-Ladakh solo on a Bullet):-
one-life-to-ride-second-edition.jpg

Now since its just 'One life to ride',then why not ride it?At least after 5-6 years father will tie one more person called 'responsibility' behind me like a tail,then she is not going to let me ride with such a free spirit.

Oh boy,I will also say you to go by car only on that dangerous road and so much far.And when you know that your father does not like it then also you feel happy in going by bike,my boy you can even murder a man by telling your parents,they will try to save you but if you do anything without telling them,then they can never stand with you.
Some days before I heard you saying that there is a very thin line between style and foolishness,same way today i say you that there is very thin line between adventure spirit and death or destruction and one time you cross this line,you can never return back my dear.

BTW did you finish the trip ? Please share the link.. [:)]
Noooo I could not as my co drivers ditched me at the last moment [anger]. One guy said his wife did not permit him. Heights of ''hempackism" lol. Instead i drove down to Binsar with wify. But plan is still on. I will make it sooner than later.

Oh boy,I will also say you to go by car only on that dangerous road and so much far.And when you know that your father does not like it then also you feel happy in going by bike,my boy you can even murder a man by telling your parents,they will try to save you but if you do anything without telling them,then they can never stand with you.
Some days before I heard you saying that there is a very thin line between style and foolishness,same way today i say you that there is very thin line between adventure spirit and death or destruction and one time you cross this line,you can never return back my dear.
I fully agree with Mahendra-here is very thin line between adventure spirit and death or destruction-Maybe members from Delhi NCR can have a discussion and make a trip together. Just imagine a convoy of cars en route to Leh. We can even make news [:)]

If anyone planning a Leh trip from Bangalore and have a spot in your ride, let me know. Its been long since I've gone wild. I will share the expense, don't worry. I'm ok with two weeks leave anytime this year.

If anyone planning a Leh trip from Bangalore and have a spot in your ride, let me know. Its been long since I've gone wild. I will share the expense, don't worry. I'm ok with two weeks leave anytime this year.
Come to Delhi by air or by train and then we can move ahead to Leh in a car.
I and my three friends have already finalised the trip and the car finalised is an Innova.Now we have slightly delayed our plan as one of the friend's brother-in-law has bought an XUV AWD and now we are planning to go by that car.
We need one more driver too as I am the only guy who is going to drive beyond Manali.

Well,any day I also will be happy to have you with me,at least now I'll not have to drive all the way alone from Kalka to Ladakh and back.BTW,I hope you will be able to drive on as-wide-as-a-bus roads covered with slight snow too.

Tentative dates are either in the last week of August or in the first 10 days of September.And yes,these are final dates.If you take the leave from your work,then you must take it for infinitely long time or say "You can have the starting time fixed,but not the return it can be 4 days,5 days 10 days,depending on our mood".
Rest I have left you a PM for more info.

Thanks Buddy for the information. I have some experience driving on snow here in USA. I've driven to Vermont, Maine during winter in VW Jetta here. Between have experience of driving 'Uhaul' trucks too :P

Guys this thread has been dead for quite sometime. To be honest, it doesnt deserve to be so silent out here. I have been thinking of Leh-ladakh trip since long, but sadly my family was never in favour of such a drive which involved scary roads. Recently i mailed some travelogue links to my dad (yes, i havent been home since past 8 months[cry]), and he called me up instantly asking "when have you planned for Leh drive". (I was like, Do you still visit TAI? Till i was a road tester here, he was hooked to this site, but even when i am away from home, he still logs on to this site, I guess even Dad couldnt resist the charm of our home[cheers]). Although i dont have immediate plans, but still i do plan to do it sometime in 2013 as the time permits. How about you guys? Since the roads are not open round the year, i guess it is possible for us TAIns to club for the drive and have a grand TAI Leh drive, what say guys?

Top Bottom