Planning for a Trip to Bangalore, Need Suggestions Guys!

Thread Starter #1
I am planning for a road trip to Bangalore with friends next week to make full use of the holidays! I am planning to start here on 31st morning and leave back to Chennai on 2nd noon or eve.

I need help from fellow Bangaloreans! Can you suggest me a tentative schedule with the must visit places in and around Bangalore. Also suggestions needed for a good hotel to stay , decent but not costly , we are still students see![lol] I hope the weather is good in Bangalore now and not raining much.

Also if possible all Bangaloreans we can definitely meet![cheers]

Re: Planning for a trip to Bangalore , need suggestion guys.

@ cooldhaya, First of all, a warm welcome to cool Bangalore [clap]

Places to see: (U can shortlist based on your interest)
  • Hang out places for young crowd in Blore - UB City, MG Road, Brigade Road. You have plenty of good restaurants and pubs to try in this vicinity. Especially on Church street.
  • Botonical / National park - Lalbagh, Cubbon park & Bhannerghatta national park
  • Shopping mall: At 1.7 million sq.ft., Mantri Square is the largest mall in India and South Asia, developed by Mantri Developers and is located on Sampige road in Malleswaram
  • Amusement parks - Wonder la & Innovative Film City
  • Historical places - Tipu Sultan's Summer palace & Bangalore palace
  • Nature: Nandi Hills (60 kms from Blore)
  • Iskcon temple
Will surely update more places as and when I refresh my memory. Do carry warm clothing and rain gears. You can never trust Bangalore rains [;)]

Dhaya, its raining heavily in Bangalore, so be prepared. Weather is pleasant.
The places to visit is already mentioned above, there is nothing much to see ;-).

Go to Nandi Hills in early morning, so enjoy sunrise.

I could have met, but being a long weekend, I might also be gone somewhere, outside Bangalore. Not yet finalized.
I hope you have my number, I have yours. In case you face any issue, don't hesitate to calll me.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks for those suggestions guys! I think i will leave out Wonderla and Innovative film city , have been to Wonderla before and heard Innovative film city is nothing amazing just okay.

Thanks for the word of caution about the rains will keep an umbrella in car! But are you guys sure there is nothing else to see in and around Bangalore?[surprise]

And what about the hotel guys , any suggestions? It would be nice if you guys can recommend a hotel which is located easier for me to visit all the above mentioned places.

@ RSM Please PM me your number , i lost it!

Last edited:
I suggest you leave out the malls and the pubs. It will be the same throughout. being from Chennai, missing this is no big loss.

I suggest you visit:

1)Lal bagh

2)Cubbon Park, can go to MG road and UB city from here. Within a radius of 1km. UB city is hi-fi mall and most people do window shopping only there:tongue:. Also visit Vishweshariya museum, see Vidhana Soudha, High court, all adjacent to cubbon park.
MG road has lost its sheen thanks to Metro Construction. It will regain its former glory only after all the mess is cleared out. MG road/Brigade road and commercial street (2 km away) from MG road is a shopper's paradise.
National market is the grey market area where you get all electronic stuff.

3) Iskon Temple, though commercialized, its worth a visit.

4) Nandi Hills, worth a visit. Be there for sun rise/ sun set.

Itinerary I suggest-

I am suggesting this itinerary keeping in mind you are students. I know the kind of enjoyment boys seek, being one myself[:)].

Pubs are many across, don't worry about finding a good one. Also, if possible, try avoiding driving if possible. The traffic is chaotic and irritating.

Note: The itinerary I suggest is considering you have your own transport. If you are traveling by bus, so many places can't be covered

Start from Chennai early morning (around 4am). You will be in Bangy by 8 AM.
You can try Hotel Chalukya,slightly expensive, but at the heart of the city. Freshen up and start from your hotel by 10AM. See Vidhana Soudha/High court. Then go to the Museum. Head to MG road/Brigade/Residency road for lunch. Visit Garuda mall(very nearby) or shop in and around MG road/Brigade road. Head to Cubbon park,spend time till sun set, head to commercial street for time pass/window shopping.

Next day, start early morning to Nandi hills to catch sun rise (around 85km from the hotel). Not much to do around here, after break fast, head back to city. Visit Iskon temple, for lunch, go to Malleshwaram, hang out in Mantri Mall. Don't eat any thing in the mall. Head to the hotel called Halli Mane (10 min walk to the hotel from Mantri mall). Also try butter gulkand at the Bhagyasree gulkand store (1 min walk across the road from the hotel). Roam around the streets of Sampige road/8th cross Malleshwaram. The streets are unbelievably colourful on the festive day. Dinner and head back to Hotel.

2nd of September, visit Lal Bagh,spend time there. Lunch and travel back to Chennai

Last edited:
Place you can visit is Vishveshwarayya Museum on Kasturba Road.

UB city on the same stretch too, but nothing much in UB city dhaya.

All shops are of International brands and nothing much there, only you have to visit the buildings.
MG road has lost its charm due to Metro rail construction.

It would be better to skip wonderla as you would endup in road trip, instead of visiting places.

Nandi Hills is 55-61 kms from the city, would be a good choice but there would be no hotels across this place.

One thing is you can visit Isckon temple, Vijaynagar
As well as Ravishankar Guruji's Ashram Art of Living(AOL).

@Car freak i hope the Mantri mall should be avoided on Sundays due to the traffic Jam.

Dhaya have a look at this thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/1629-best-places-bengalooru.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...avel-ghati-subramanya-temple-nandi-hills.html

Different places have already been discussed in the above thread.
Lalbagh would be boring as there is nothing much in there.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
@ Sachin Thanks for the suggestion buddy. Yes i will be coming in my car , i will be driving that can't be avoided! And i don't drink but my friend does , i will manage that no worries! Your schedule looks good , parking wont be a problem at any of the above places right?

@ Mukesh Yes buddy that is why i am leaving out Wonderla. I will visit Nandi hills for sure , most of the members are saying its a must visit! I am thinking of following Sachin's tentative schedule , is that okay or will you suggest any tweaks?

Parking? You will be happy if can actually drive[frustration].

Go to Cubbon Park,park there. All the places I mentioned near the Cubbon Park are very nearby (walk might take a bit longer around 20-25min). I suggest you park the car near Museum road. Walk/take a rick. Those autowallas are out right greedy beware of them. Pay only meter charges and board a auto with electronic meter. Hope you folks are carrying a GPS navigator?

Thread Starter #9
Yes we do have a GPS navigator(Mapmyindia). Checked out the Hotel and their tariffs sounds okay to me , will have to confirm whether they have rooms available now.

And about autos i am used to Chennai autowallas so i think i have a fair idea about cheating already!

Yes Sachin has already planned the itenary well.

Evening's are rainy, so be prepared for it.

On reaching Bangalore on 31 st visit all the places inside city Isckon , then near by places on MG Road , UB city , Museum of Vishveshvarayya, then Vidhan Soudha(though Metro work is going on).

Then you can visit Bannerghatta National Park.
Followed by lunch or dinner at Kamath(Veg) or Nandini or Imperial Hotel if you prefer non veg.
Then the next day you can go to Nandi Hills its better to leave your room at 6.30 am.
As the roads to hills are closed from 8 pm to 6am.

After visiting Nandi Hills, then you can visit any malls(Mantri mall) that day.
And rest to leave for the next day.

Last edited:
Yes we do have a GPS navigator(Mapmyindia).
Brilliant, in which case, while going to MG Road area, type Imperial Hotel,Museum road. Park the car there,that's the best place to park. Also, while going to Malleshwaram, don't park in Mantri, too much of traffic congestion. Park on the previous lane (parallel) to Halli Mane.

Thread Starter #13
@ RSM Yes i tried to PM you about that but couldn't see the option itself! Anyways just text me your number.

@ Mukesh & Sachinj Thank you guys for the suggestions , I will try to keep everything in mind or better take a print out of this page![evil] If possible and your free we can also possibly meet for dinner on 31st or 1st.

Parking? You will be happy if can actually drive[frustration]
I should say in a way Dhaya is visiting at the right time. Due to festival and weekend to follow, most of them would be travelling out of Bangalore to their home towns. Plus 31st and 1st being a public holiday here traffic should not be a hindrance I feel.

I should say in a way Dhaya is visiting at the right time. Due to festival and weekend to follow, most of them would be travelling out of Bangalore to their home towns. Plus 31st and 1st being a public holiday here traffic should not be a hindrance I feel.

No, on the contrary, its the Ganesh festival. Road blocks! And on 1st, many people will be bidding bye bye to Ganesh, so expect traffic snarls.

Also, visit Sankey tank, very near to Hotel Chalukya.

Also, don't book an AC room. You won't need it. It's already cold here.

Will find a few budget hotels too and post here.

Hotel Samrat residency:

http://hotelsamratresidency.com/

Hotel Janardhan,Kumara krupa road. Budget hotel

Last edited:

Top Bottom