Pits Express Car Wash Review (Trivandrum)

I have seen a beautiful system in Europe, where you sit in a car pay 6 Euro and stop on a platform and see what is happening to your car, the car moves automatically there are totally 5 to 6 stages same like shampoo, jet wash, 2 types of water spray, waxing in the end it just passes thru' a drying oven and comes out clean. Normally there is no need of interior cleaning like us as there is no such dust formation and they keep the car very clean inside them selves
May be that wont work out in India? I saw that in 2004 in US. 15$ or 10$ (do not remember correctly). It is nice scary feeling when you sit inside the car. You feel water spraying towards you :) .

something like this
Largest/Biggest Car-wash in the USA, The Cloister Car-wash - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
@Appu

Yes, this is the video and set up I was talking about, thanks for posting it here. It was not scary to me, but so funny and I enjoyed sitting inside the car[:)]

Best thing is it just finish in 5 to 10 minutes and you are out with a shining car

Thread Starter #19
May be that wont work out in India? I saw that in 2004 in US. 15$ or 10$ (do not remember correctly). It is nice scary feeling when you sit inside the car. You feel water spraying towards you :) .
Thanks for the video Appu. Look very good. I don't thing something like this will be ever available in India thanks to steep import duties by our Government. The machine at Express wash costs 65lakhs:eek: (Info from the guy over their)

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #20
Hi Folks,

Visisted PitLane Express Wash today. These guys provide excellent service and attention to detail to minute stains in my car. Over all a good experience and i will sure pay them a visit again.

Have clicked couple of pics. Also recorded the whole wash. Will upload the video in youtube and share it here. [:)]

IMG_20130817_161725.jpg

IMG_20130817_161733.jpg

IMG_20130817_162452.jpg

IMG_20130817_162454.jpg

Video:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuEaIKxtjrU

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited:
@shankar Amigos' machine is also fully automatic as pitlane . I'm a regular customer of amigos not only due to the machine but their boys do an excellent job. For techies like me its really helpful as its inside the campus as I can give my car for wash and go to my office and when I go back after my shift at any time even in the midnight I can collect my car as people are there 24/7. They defenitely know wat they are doing. You gotta try the
Defenitely..:)

Thread Starter #23
@shankar Amigos' machine is also fully automatic as pitlane . I'm a regular customer of amigos not only due to the machine but their boys do an excellent job. For techies like me its really helpful as its inside the campus as I can give my car for wash and go to my office and when I go back after my shift at any time even in the midnight I can collect my car as people are there 24/7. They defenitely know wat they are doing. You gotta try the
Defenitely..:)
Haven't checked them out because couple of my friends had bad experiences with Amigos in technopark. I am also a techie working in Technopark and if i find them good then it would be really helpful for me too[:D]

Regards,
Sankar

couple of my friends had bad experiences with Amigos in technopark. I am also a techie working in Technopark and if i find them good then it would be really helpful for me too[:D]

Regards,
Sankar
planned to give it to Amigos today evening... heard frm every one dat its ok.. anyways will check it out today [confused]

Hi Folks,
Visisted PitLane Express Wash today. These guys provide excellent service and attention to detail to minute stains in my car. Over all a good experience and i will sure pay them a visit again.
Hi SankarNarayanan

Where is this PitLane located? How long it take to complete a car wash? Any rush during the evening time?

No Sankar. The system he is mentioning is different. The machinery is much much bigger. As in, it is approximately two car lengths long. You sit inside the car and park it on a rail like thing where the wheels get locked and automatically pulls the car in. You sit inside the car (with your windows rolled up [glasses]) and you can see all the brushes and stuff cleaning the car in various ways. After the washing, there used to be peope who would vacuum clean the interiors (the vacuum cleaners they use there is really really really huge) and then spray the interior with any type of smell you want (even new car smell [:D]). I remember how we used to go for those car washes once in a bluemoon around 10 years back in Muscat. It was a little treat back then.

Regards,
Vipin
This is exactly what I use here in US. You have an option of wash type like basic, advanced, supreme etc. these differ in options like wax, paint protector etc.

I have been to pitlane and they have never waxed my car. The last time I went there was a month back. I asked the guy who runs the place and he told me they never wax any car there. The final round after the washing is blowing air to get rid of all the water beads. There were a couple of cars before mine and after mine and none of them were waxed.
I wonder why he gives only you the special treatment. [glasses]

Regards,
Vipin

PS. This Amigos place in Technopark. How is it? There used to be another one behind the renault showroom and those guys did an equally good job too. But it seems like they have shifted to some other place now.

Top Bottom