Pictures of My Samsung D550 HDTV

Thread Starter #4
Cool pic prads.
You use your hdtv as pc monitor or a pc as a media player?

@singh890
it was bought in diwali @ 42.5k.
The picture quality is good because it is well top gear in HD [;)]

Well i use my lcd as a Pc monitor,so surfing web,gaming,watching movies all on a 40 inch screen,i have upgraded to 4 mbps net speed so i just download & watch,i dont watch tv unless its F1 season.
And 42 is a good price for your lcd,i guess mine cost 58 a yr back not sure,your lcd price has impressed me,i shall pick one this week,you facing any glitches with it?

Thread Starter #7
@prads
no glitches so far :touchwood:
i too was inclined for a sony because it had an option for extended warranty.
Then others mentioned that lcds in general will not cause any problems if you take the necessary precaution like spike guard, or voltage stabilizer where fluctuations are a regular occurance.
It was tied until the format showdown i had in the showroom where samsung could play each and every format thrown at it whereas the sony 40 cx 420 could play some limited formats.
So picked the samsung.

@type r please do post your pictures.

also you stay in a place where HDTV are dirt cheap

a sony 32"cx420 for 7k.

and a sony NX720 for about 80k which retails in india at about 1.80L [frustration]

Last edited:
Ya i have that spike guard installed too & i did know lcd's were cheaper in Bangkok but not to that extent,a friend went with his relatives to buy some high end lcd 2 months back so i am sure he must have made alot of savings & got a vacation at the same time.
Ya the Sony does not play all formats,my friends has a 46 led 3d Sony i guess its the same with that,but with 3D tv you got to sit really close to experience anything & usually a dark environment,but Sony has more eye candy value than any other brand,

hey Superbad did you have to bargain for your Lcd at that price or it was a ready offer or exchange?

Thread Starter #9
I did have to bargain a lot.
I was quoted from the range of 50k to 45k.

Finally settled in for 42.5k where in i refused to get that dvd player which was available along with the lcd.
Hence got a better price.

yes tourists come from india and always end up buying a tv and going back. thats how tempting it is. plus the 7% VAT for tourists. it turns out to be a sweet deal.

@ mukeshus any pics in its HD glory?
Yes will post the pics soon.

Nice size what tv connection have you plugged it into? You got a dish or cable connection? Does it have those 3d features with glasses?
I have Set Top Box with Cable connection.

Thinking to go for Airtel connection, when there are more HD channels.

No i didn't wanted a 3D Tv, it costed 1,45,000 at that time.

Thread Starter #15
I have Set Top Box with Cable connection.

Thinking to go for Airtel connection, when there are more HD channels.

No i didn't wanted a 3D Tv, it costed 1,45,000 at that time.

i think you should wait upto july HD channels on cable will increase then.

my local cable operator too will start HD transmission by july so will wait for it.

the advantage with cable operator being more number of HD channels when launched.

Top Bottom