Picked Up Grand Daddy: Mitsubishi Montero (Pajero MK4) Drives In

Thread Starter #76
Congratulations on your new tyres. How much did they cost you?
What is the manufacturing date on the tyres? How is the ride now after the change and upsize?
Thank you sir, these are Aug 2019 tyres , made in thailand - big change with the tyres they are a lot more cushier and the alignment now is also better, the latitude force tyres have asymmetric pattern and those dont really suit our road conditions and they are discontinued anyways with LTX force now. Ill pm you price :)

New dancing shoes eh! Must say the boots look smart on Big Daddy ..covers the wheel wells almost .
Please pen your experience with the road feel ,noise and wet braking experience soon
Thank you sir! you are right, Montero has tight wheel wells compared to a PS or Fortuner, hence i went for a very limited easy upsize.
I already have these tyres on the PS so from experience can definately say it one of the most VFM AT tyres you can buy, very silent and excellent offroad grip, very good wet and no cornering noise, gets me through to places at farm the previous tyres used to struggle.
What i still need to figure is how much will this last - time will tell.

A most exhaustive, informative and inspiring writeup. If possible can we meet up as I stay in Pune and was planning to add a Mitsubishi in my garage. Your knowledge and tips would help me finalize and understand the service, parts, and downtime needs that these magnificent beasts require.
Thanks.

Thread Starter #82
Sorry for my delayed reply Sir - yes please pm me and we will meet up..

Btw big daddy crossed 141k - due for a service now!

Quite a piece, is Iron Rock's Montero... very zippy and responsive and needless to say, very brutally well built. The whole idea of buying a Montero was started by him, and as I look around, and see some of the biggest SUVs selling today having 2l diesel engines, the Montero is beginning to make sense purely as a superb VFM buy, and not just an indulgence or a hobby. If I am not mistaken, there is Endeavour at 3.2l and LC300 at 3.3l, but all other diesel engines are max 3l, not that 3l is bad...the BMW X4 with the 3l v6 is very fast and smooth. But 3.2 is almost at the very top of the might is right league table.

Top Bottom