Philips X-Treme Power vs Osram Night Breaker

Which one is the best

• Osram Night Breaker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have Philips Rally Bulb, on stock headlamps, with ceramic holders.

Costed me 350 for 2/-

Relay and ceramic holder extra.

They do the job brilliantly.
Thanks. I know that higher rated bulbs (100/90W) would provide better illumination than stock 60/55W. However, I am looking for a solution which will help me get better illumination without affecting warranty. I have purchased the car 6 months back and warranty is 2+2 years.

By the way, aren't you facing any problem of reflectors losing their shine etc.? I suppose the higher rated bulbs would generate more heat thereby causing the reflectors to blacken and lose their original shine much sooner.

Thanks. I know that higher rated bulbs (100/90W) would provide better illumination than stock 60/55W. However, I am looking for a solution which will help me get better illumination without affecting warranty. I have purchased the car 6 months back and warranty is 2+2 years.

By the way, aren't you facing any problem of reflectors losing their shine etc.? I suppose the higher rated bulbs would generate more heat thereby causing the reflectors to blacken and lose their original shine much sooner.
Nah my Scorpio is perfectly working the way it should.

Hi SandeepJohn,
Are you using it for the high beam or for the low beam? Any alteration required for fixing it in Manza. Can you also give me more details about the bulbs/specifications?

Hi Highway Ranger,
It is just replacement of bulb. the model in Manza is H7 (Holder type) & 55 Watts. the same is available in Philips X-treme Vision. Self have used in Low Beam and have adusted the level to maximum height and retained the high beam bulb to original. Even though Philips claims to hve 100% more light it is only better than of O.E in Manza (May be O.E in Manza is good too, its Osram but not Night Breaker)

Also check the link for Philips as below
Philips Lighting India - X-tremeVision - Philips

@ SandeepJohn,

Thanks for the info.

Actually I am pretty happy with Manza's Low beam, which is quite powerful. It is the high beam and the fog lamps, that I would like to change.

Fog lamps come as sealed units - that is what I have been told by Tata.

Need to find out if the high beam also use the same holder. And if I can change the bulb to something more effective. My understanding is that both high and low beam use the same bulb. Need to check the manual.

True High & Low beams have same spec for bulb & Holder and are independent.

Reg. Fog Lamp, Concord told me that it’s a module and the bulb cannot be changed. I am also thinking about changing the fog lamps.

Guys,

I am planning to upgrade bulbs in my Zen Estilo'07 model. Please suggest which one is better Osram NB or Philips X-treme.

I want to stick to the stock configuration but still if I want to upgrade. What would be ideal and do I have to check / re-done wiring for higher capacity bulbs ?

Lastly, from where I can get these bulbs / install at reasonable price in Delhi.

Thanks

@shailinder; I will say both are about the same. So get whichever is cheaper or more readily available. They are the same technology with maybe differences in the fine print.

@shailinder; I will say both are about the same. So get whichever is cheaper or more readily available. They are the same technology with maybe differences in the fine print.
Thanks sgiitk sir,

It is our pleasure to have an experience person like you on board. [clap]

One question, do I need to use relay for the better effect or just a bulb change would do some wonder [confused] Secondly, would there be any adverse effects on the glass of the head light ?

Thanks

One question, do I need to use relay for the better effect or just a bulb change would do some wonder [confused] Secondly, would there be any adverse effects on the glass of the head light ?
No relay required (it is still 60/55W) and no adverse effect on reflector. Just plug and play.

Hi
I am not satisfied with Ertiga's OM head lamp, so I want to upgrade, but does not want to void the warranty. After talking to some local auto shops and going through the threads, I have come to the conclusion that there are 3 options to upgrade to.
1> Go for higher Power bulb 100/90. The shopkeeper says it wont void the warranty since they are not cutting the wire. But I am not sure as the OM has designed the electrical system for lower wattage. Is he right?
2> Go for Philips Xtream vision or Osram NB, I hope both are halogen lamps, of rating 60/55 rating and can be fitted directly on the current socket.
3>HID Lamps. It looks to be economical in long run. But it seems, need lot of changes in the car wiring and reflectors. Will it void the warranty?

I will like to have opinion of the members on which one i should go for. I do mostly highway driving but till now tried to avoid excessive night driving due to low illumination of my head lamp. Please also suggest should I change the fog lamps too.

Last edited:

Top Bottom