Philips H4 Headlamp Bulbs

When you upgrade to 100/90 you need to buy a relay and the wiring kit.There are a lot of brands like Hella,Bosch and Roots that make these.Just make sure whatever you get is has a ceramic(chinni matti) holder for the bulb.Normal plastic ones melt.

If your headlamp lens is made of plastic, it will become yellow because of the additional heat.It won't happen right away but with normal usage it is inevitable.

White lights are not good in the rain.Its best to stick with yellow colored headlamps.

It is stock replacement 55/60 bulb. No wiring changes are needed. Just remove the old bulb and fit them in.
The stock Halonix ones are just crap.
Do you mean to say that those new bulbs are better than the stock bulb? [am asking this since both are seems to have same power 55/60]

^^^ I Had been using Osram Nightbreaker plus 55/60 Watt for quite some time before I upgraded recently to 100/90 Philips Rally, Frankly speaking the illumination in NB plus is better than the OEM Light but not as much as 50% more than the OEm Lamps. And regarding the longevity of these bulbs, I had been using my NB Plus for more than 2 yrs. I feel its decent enough.

@Suku:Why don't you try Hella or Phillips in the stock 55/60w?

If you still find it bad, try the projector fog lamps from Hella.

Hi, I am using Ertiga and find that light is not upto mark. Please suggest the new bulb which should be direct replacement but should have same rating. I would not like to deviate from company's standard and ratings.

You can go for 100/90 bulbs with the necessary wiring kit and relays.You can go for any brand other than PMP.

Just make sure the bulb holders with the wiring kit are made of ceramic(chinni matti) else they will melt.Another drawback is that with the increased heat from the higher wattage bulbs the headlamp lens with become yellow with time.Try to get the work done at a small MASS or get it done without cutting any wires.If you get it done at a MASS get a bill for the job and retain it.

Alternatively if you have fog lamps and the fog lamp body is made of metal and the lens is made of glass you can go for 100w bulbs in the foglamps by using a relay for the foglamps.

Just make sure you get yellow light bulbs, white ones are no good in the rain.

Last edited:
here is what i had for my previous ride and for my current.
Head lights- Philips rallye 100/90 - No issues till date from last 1 yr
Fog lamps- 100w - Phillips No issues till date from last 1 yr
Hella rellay wiring kit. with 1 yr warranty.

Frankly, there will be no major impact at all due to this installation and also I never encounter any issues till date. Visibility increases to a very great extend. I will always recommend the same when anyone asks me.

Cost- Headlight and wiriing- Rs1200
Fog lamps- 600 (60% whiting effect)

Last edited:

Top Bottom