Peugeot Motors Re-Entry in Indian Market? (Spyshots Pg.3)

Re: Peugeot Motors Re-Entry in Indian Market?

peugeot 508 will be excellent competition for renault fluence! btw i love peugeot symbol! [thumbsup]

Yet another manufacturing unit in Tamil nadu![clap]
That is really good Dhaya but I want to understand why most of the manufacturers are running towards Tamilnadu ? (no hard feelings, so do not miss understand me [:)])

Is it related to proximity to sea making them make that decision or/and cheap land / workforce ? If that is the case, then West Bengal should also be in the same route. But it does not, so what is the reason [confused]

That is really good Dhaya but I want to understand why most of the manufacturers are running towards Tamilnadu ? (no hard feelings, so do not miss understand me [:)])

Is it related to proximity to sea making them make that decision or/and cheap land / workforce ? If that is the case, then West Bengal should also be in the same route. But it does not, so what is the reason [confused]
The problem is that Bengal and Kerala are teeming with trouble for investors and companies. Trade unions are a cancer here as well as there. Guess things are changing for better in Bengal though, but not here in Kerala. For instance a while back, BMW honchos came to visit Kerala for starting a manufacturing unit, and guess what happened. We here were celebrating our state festival-Harthal on the very same day. The people who called for the harthal were reluctant to reconsider their lunacy. And so the heads of BMW had to walk through town to travel with no vehicles and they called it quits right away and set shop in Tamil Nadu. Anyone would do the same.

I really want to see Peugeot come back again. I loved the 309 so much, even though it was boxy.

Last edited:

Shailinder i think Jalex has answered your question already. Maybe Tamil Nadu government is willing to support the manufacturers coming here for help. The main reason i see is yes the availability of port.

Hi Shailinder,

The reason why most of the car manufacturers land up in TN is because of ease of imports and exports taking the proximity to sea as you said. [:)]

TN is the best place to set up the VDC so that cars can be shipped without hassle be it USA or Japan.

Great captures , the hatch is having a face similar to Fiesta hatch.

AMG

Suspended

Looking at the undisguised spyshots, the launch looks pretty near.
Maybe 2012 Auto Expo.[thinking]

Anyone here would like to guess the expected launch date and the price?

May tell Mom to consider this as well, though it is unlikely that she will agree to wait for that long. [frustration]

Look carefully there are two models , one is a coupe and other is a normal hatchback.

I am expecting this as a premium hatch with pricing similar to Polo.

AMG

Suspended

Similar pricing to the Polo.

That means something like 4 lakh for the base model ex showroom. [thinking]

Interesting.

But IMO, it will be priced at the same level as Jazz or i20. (i20's base variant costs 4.5 ex showroom, doesnt it)

350Z

Core Team

Fantastic. Finally, some spy pictures indicate that the launch is around the corner. Peugeot will be launching the 207 and 508, and both these models hold an aggressive and bold presence. I can also see the three door hatchback being testing out there. Perhaps Peugeot is eyeing to bring that one too. Is it a rebirth of three door hatchbacks in India? Let’s wait and watch.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom