Petrol Hatchback Under Rs.4 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
my daddy would need a hatch for his local travelling in his native place.

though we have a new scorpio in our hands, dad is a bit apprehensive playing with the new vehicle.

current history with armada suggests dad might end up brushing up the car since of his age. (he is 60+)

usage would be primarily in our native place @ sindhudurg.

dad would travel from mumbai to our native place by train and use the car for his local day to day travels.

looking at the current prices of diesel cars i doubt if one can get a diesel car under 5 Lakhs.

so i have convinced dad to consider a pre-owned car.

so keeping the maintenance costs of the car (if pre-owned) in consideration, what would you guys recommend.

for reference our roads are decent enough all year except the monsoons when potholes get up .

also some parts of interior roads are on have a steep incline. so its maneuverability should be decent.

the purchase if it happens will be 4- 6 months down the line where dad would do the occasional weekend visit there.

so looking under with the considerations and the proposed tax in sight what would you peeps suggest me to?

as of now considering the ford figo, swift vdi ,ritz vdi, and vista.

anything i am missing here?[confused]

Re: a diesel hatch under 5 Lakhs

as of now considering the ford figo, swift vdi ,ritz vdi, and vista.

anything i am missing here?[confused]
Superbad, you can easily get preowned diesel car under 5L budget visit your nearest true value maruti shop or check online for availability and prices.

I suggest you to purchase a new diesel car considering your under 5L budget you will have to shell out 1L more for swift Vdi or Ritz Vdi if you are not ready to shell out more than i suggest you to consider swift Ldi or Ritz Ldi but they may also need some more budget allocation check the latest on road Mumbai price from your nearest Suzuki dealer.

Ritz diesel has 2-3 months waiting and Swift diesel has 6-8 months waiting.

IMO Ritz diesel is best bet but considering the launch speculation of facelift model you can also choose new swift diesel but have to book this car now to get the delivery in 6-8 months as required by you.

Ford figo is also a good option, take test drive of all the cars and take decision.

Let's see what others have to say on this best of luck for your diesel hatchback search.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

we are open to pre-owned cars too.

since it would be used as a weekend car, we should be ok with 5 lakhs budget right?

lxi.

Suspended

@toughguy - Buddy ,, He is asking advice on a USED diesel car.
@Superbad - Since you have an ample budget of 5L and your father is 60+, He would prefer a hatchback. Hatchbacks will be available in plenty under 5 L.
Diesel hatchbacks (Used) under 5L will be the Swift, Ritz, Figo , Fabia, and even a Punto.

Out of the lot, Punto is the best if you can find a 2009 under 4.25L.

Cheers for your search.

Thread Starter #5

@lxi. i would go for a bs3 vehicle probably.

since i am in no hurry. would be looking for a punto if available :tongue:

just wanted to make sure if i could get proper A.S.S in a city like sindhudurg (kankavali)

@toughguy - Buddy ,, He is asking advice on a USED diesel car.
Yes you are right, if he can stretch his budget little bit then new car would be a good option in my opinion i.e. suggested both the options, but considering the mentioned usage of only weekend drive petrol car is also a good option.

Superbad, how much monthly usage you are expecting for this car?

Superbad my moms native place too is kankavli . If it is just going to be used in weekends and the overall Kms is less why not go for a nice petrol hatch ? A new petrol hatch like the alto, or spark can be a best bet. Under 5 lacs you can easily find a ritz or a swift and even a punto in pre owned market . If you are lucky you can even get a dezire. If you plan a new desiel under 5 lacs the option are beat, figo and ritz of course the base versions.

You can give a good look at beat diesel considering this is for your dad and he is 60+

This being very economical on pocket while buying will be very good VFM for the usage expected. I am not sure how the Chevy network is spread in the Konkan area still i think you should be okay!

I personally do not think of Ritz, Swift, Figo & Vista in such case!

re: A Diesel Hatchback Under Rs.4 Lakhs

I guess the swift VDI will be a very good option. That car will be very economical, low maintenance and Maruti has good networks as well.

Thread Starter #11

But i am not sure any company having its service centers in my area. One nearest i have heard is kolhapur which is about 100+kms away.
Anybody has An idea about any service center in that area.
Also dad primarily is not in favour of going for a used car.
So then He might get a new petrol car but then under 4lakhs budget.

lxi.

Suspended

You can search the net for the ASS of cars.
If he wants a new petrol car, Then the WagonR lxi/vxi is the best option available.
Also, Check out the k10 vxi.

What is the average running per month?

Amongst new cars itself, you can get beat diesel or figo around 5L. But, in preowned cars, you can get almost every hatch. If you are getting it from individual, you would save a few bucks but can be worse if the condition of the car isnt proper. I recommend Truevalue or Firstchoice. Its troublefree. Again,one more doubt , why cant you get a petrol car for under 3L and ave a few bucks. Ofcourse, it wont get you resale value ,which the diesel does. If you are opting for second hand cars, get it before the budget and save a few bucks. Ifthe taxes get imposed, the prices will increase. Do carry out proper inspection before finalising :)

lxi.

Suspended

@Akhilgopa, Which are the cars under 3L?
Nano, Alto Lx/Lxi, Maybe Eon, Santro.

Out of these, I feel the Eon to be the best!

Good luck for your search Superbad!
Any thing finalised?

@Akhilgopa, Which are the cars under 3L?
Nano, Alto Lx/Lxi, Maybe Eon, Santro.

Out of these, I feel the Eon to be the best!

Good luck for your search Superbad!
Any thing finalised?
Yep. Eon and alto k10 are the best first hand options. He can also get petrol swift and ritz and i20 and figo well under 3.5L....

Top Bottom