Performance Increase of Hyundai Accent Executive Petrol

Thread Starter #16
climbing hill is a one among many. slow start in strettch road also am facing this. Thing is i dnt feel this lag in santro in these same conditions. Anyways as suggested i ll try shiftin between rpm 1.5 and 2 [:)]

U have a petrol accent rite? Then why drive it like a diesel? Shifting at 1500-2000 rpm!! The powerband will be nearer to 4000. Make sure u rev the engine into its powerband. And dont worry, it doesnt harm the engine in any way. Rev it like its supposed to be. Other than that, get ur air filter cleaned, use a injector cleaner, clean or replace spark plugs, and finally get the engine compression checked. These basic checks will bring ur car in good form.

hi can anyone suggest about FFE. Is it reliable ? i have heard air filter + FFE gives an increase in torque and mileage

I think FFE is not legal , cops may catch you. FFE actually may increase the mileage but in reality we rev the engine hard to show off the noise and so this results in decrease in FE , this is what i read somewhere.

A filter alone cannot do any wonders. The motor of Accent is in itself a high revving one, but keeping the RPM under 1K will definitely produce large amount of lag. Try keeping the rpm in powerband (where it produces enough torque) and u'll be happier.

If you still need a boost in performance then I'll suggest to go for below :

Stage 1 : complete CAI with plumbing + FFE
Stage 2 : racing clutch by excedy (or equally competent brand) + lightened flywheel + ECU remap

Please mind that option 1 is a lot cheaper as compared to option 2 and could produce satisfactory results for most. For the more enthusiastic ones, option 2 is the path.

I wudnt suggest a lightened flywheel. His driving style suggest he uses low end torque the most. A lightened flywheel will rob him of that. Completely. Plus for anything less than stage 3, racing clutches are not needed. Plus have u ever driven a car with a racing clutch? Its a on-off switch, and hell in traffic.

Thread Starter #23
Dear all thank you for the suggestions. Yesterday serviced the vehicle . The service executives confirmed that Accent second gear pulling is low [frustration] Its like that for all models.

So i checked with them whether i can change the air filter will it void the warranty. "The tech person said changing stock air filter may not change the warranty [thumbsup] . There will not be much change in perf though but you may get little bit more FE" .

Now today am changing the air filter to K&N stock replacement. Amount mentioned 4500 INR. Is it higher ? Tomo am going for a long drive so will get to know the changes (if any) also FFE.

I am watching this thread for a while now to see where it goes, which is the reason why I didn't reply earlier.

To start with the engines are mapped today for homologation regulations. This means that they are generally run lean at low rpm. This in turn leads to coking up because of today's additives in the fuel. Driving it the way you do is losing it power. Additionally itis not a good idea to drive a non Diesel engine below 1500rpm. It increases clutch wear and strains other components. First thing I would do is give it a good B-road blast. t also reduces fuel consumption.

Air filter replacement will not gain a lot. However, a properly designed AIR will make quite a difference.

If it is correct that all Accents (with the same engine) suffer from poor low rpm torque, then it is most likely the map, which might be solvable with a re-map.

I wudnt suggest a lightened flywheel. His driving style suggest he uses low end torque the most. A lightened flywheel will rob him of that. Completely. Plus for anything less than stage 3, racing clutches are not needed. Plus have u ever driven a car with a racing clutch? Its a on-off switch, and hell in traffic.
With all due respect to your knowledge, a lightened flywheel actually aids driving to a great extent.Most manufacturers make the stock flywheel very heavy. This makes the engine very smooth and enables it to retain energy at part throttle cruise and up long grades for better fuel economy.

And yes, i do have driven such cars.

freakdude.

Freakdude. I never questioned ur knowledge, yet i will maintain my reply for a lightened flywheel. Please dont go for one. It will, of all things, take away low end torque. You may try it if u please, but for ur recommendations, i'll suggest FFE and a remap.

Hi,
i also own a hyundai accent executive 2008, which i got 2nd hand this May driven it abt 5k km at abt 19k(genuine) reading now.
other cars i have driven are maruti 800/alto, accent viva, HondaCity oldest. Some of these cars are not as powerful, still with accent i also feel the same problem mentioned here

i did injector cleaning, decarbonising, oil ,airfilter,filter,sparkplug,gear oil, clutch oil, break oil change at 15k. Got the car checked a couple of times at two authorized service centers, couple of local service centers and all of them find my car to be in good condition with no probs.

I think another problem with this cars is with Load, even the load of a full petrol tank reduces it performance, and i noticed if you fill during night(petrol relatively cold) it feels slightly better. Also tried some petrol tank additives, yet to try premium petrol.

Tried Reseting the ecu(adaptive data, by removing battery terminals) couple of times and driven revving high, but that doesnt make much improvement for the long term.

lately i had been considering going ECU remap route, but unsure..Anybody with accent petrol ECU remap experience??

Also how about iridium sparks plugs and cables, may be they can smooth out the uncertain 2nd to 1st gear change region??

@muni_phantom: hows ur experience with AirFilter update??

Iridiums are as good as NGK standards.

Special leads (except PFI0 are not giving any better vresults than new OE leads (leads age).

Re-mapping a normally aspirated engine will give some gains in peak power and driveavility, but far less than turbo re-mapping. When combined with a dedicated AIR the gains are moderate. When choosing between re-map and AIR, the AIR will give more (as long as it is a dedicated intake).

Yeah it makes a difference when you have platinum spark plugs or NGK Iridium or Denso Iridium ones.

@Drifter : Do you re-map the ECU yourself or you have people who do it for you. Doesn't it causes problems in car's electricals

Top Bottom