Pearl Mirage White (YPA) Suzuki Access 125

Re: Peal Mirage White (YPA) Suzuki Access 125

Hello everyone!

So, I recently heard back that my TVS Streak's battery hasn't been faring too well (I imagine it hasn't been treated well recently). There's not much I can do remotely aside from arrange for a new battery, so am indulging in a little research.

FYI, current battery is 12V, 5 Ah, Lead-acid type.

So, based on your discussion above, I've come up with a shortlist:

1. Amaron PBR Beta (AGM or Gel type?)
2. Exide Xplore (AGM type)
3. SF Sonic Mobiker (AGM type)

They all come with 48 month warranties, and price differences are ~200 Rs.
What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited:

We too own an Access since last 3.5 years and it has run just 8800 Km.Overall ownership is ok and we are planning to sell our Access for Activa.Some things didn't satisfy me

1.Poor FE
2.Poor Brakes
3.Poor Suspension

When we were planning to exchange our Access for Activa,got a quote of just ₹16K-17K which I felt too low.

And,yesterday,had met with an accident while I was going on speed and did apply sudden brake and fell down.Luckily I was escaped with few minor bruises and scooter got scratches due to sloppy brakes.

FE I'm getting is about 30-35 Kmpl.

And,when I drove on bad roads,I got shoulder pains too.

Some things didn't satisfy me

1.Poor FE
2.Poor Brakes
3.Poor Suspension

When we were planning to exchange our Access for Activa,got a quote of just ₹16K-17K which I felt too low.
If you think the Access brakes are bad, don't go near the Activa! Hands down the worst brakes I've ever tried on a 2-wheeler. The extra weight makes it feel about as stoppable as an old LML scooter!

I doubt you'd get much better Fuel Economy with an Activa either. Regardless of their claims, nobody I know has been able to get over ~38 Kmpl. Again, the weight plays a factor here.

The suspension is questionable primarily as there are more comfortable choices on the market today.

The TVS Jupiter may be worth looking at, especially on the Suspension aspect. The TVS Wego has a better brake setup however.

Viru, Are you telling about the brakes of new Activa which coming with combi brakes? Disc brake option available with Activa 125 i guess. I agree on mileage part on Activa. Jupiter will give better mileage if you ride it between 40-55 Km/hr.

Viru, Are you telling about the brakes of new Activa which coming with combi brakes? Disc brake option available with Activa 125 i guess. I agree on mileage part on Activa. Jupiter will give better mileage if you ride it between 40-55 Km/hr.
Yes, I am. At first when I tried it I was in disbelief and thought it was just because the vehicle needed maintenance. However, I soon tried another, newer example of the Activa and it was just as bad. Not to mention in slippery conditions the tyres lose grip at the slightest provocation!

When I drove the second one just after it had rained, the damn thing nearly slid into a car in the opposite lane, until I used the Colin McRae technique to save myself and my passenger!

Update-Have decided not to sell the Access as it is used by my grandfather and getting low quotes from dealers and buyers.Instead,I will buy a scooter for myself with better ride quality.Jupiter seems to be a better bet for me as I always suffer from shoulder pains whenever I drive Access.

And I got 28.57 Kmpl on last tankfull which is worst mileage ever.

Last edited:

Have you checked the mixture on your carburetor? You could be running rich (More fuel than the ideal ratio). Could be worth adjusting.

bhvm

Honoured Member

wow bro Kannan,
your thread is very inspiring and your DIY are very well documented. I'm sure many will find it useful for their rides.

I own an honda activa, which is modified with level 2 headlight upgrade, you may read about here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...t-conversion-bulbs-cars-bikes.html#post464322

I'm overall a total DIY nut, and feel free to drop me a line with any questions regarding lamps, Electricals or any mods in general.

Hi Everyone,

I bought a used Suzuki Access 125 (March'2015 - old model) recently with 6000 km on odo. Original owner lost the User manual which also consists of the service interval. He told me that it was serviced last when the odo was at 3800km. Just wanted to know what is the service interval of suzuki or shall i go for the oil and filter change on a precaution basis.

Seating position
Comfort/Suspension

Dislikes:
Poor Headlight
Poor Horn Sound
Don't like the Analog meters and dull Amber back ground light
Not so good Under seat Storage.

Hi Everyone,

I bought a used Suzuki Access 125 (March'2015 - old model) recently with 6000 km on odo. Original owner lost the User manual which also consists of the service interval. He told me that it was serviced last when the odo was at 3800km. Just wanted to know what is the service interval of suzuki or shall i go for the oil and filter change on a precaution basis.

Seating position
Comfort/Suspension

Dislikes:
Poor Headlight
Poor Horn Sound
Don't like the Analog meters and dull Amber back ground light
Not so good Under seat Storage.
Welcome, thanks for reviving this thread, it's been a long time!

As far as your specific interval goes, I'm not certain. Have you checked the condition of the Oil though? Probably the best way to decide, as you don't know for sure what kind of oil the previous owner used or how it's been driven since.

Collectively, we've tackled most of those issues:
1. Are you running the stock headlight? Those aren't too great, apparently.
2. I believe Kannan(?) has replaced his horn previously, search this thread for more details.
3. That's an easy fix if you buy T10 wedge LED bulbs and swap them in, they look great and decrease electrical consumption!

Updates for the thread:

- Have been using Amaron AGM battery for a while now, no issues.
- Switched to Synthetic-blend Castrol Power1 15W40 Oil. Engine's definitely enjoying the 40 hot viscosity more than the 30 used previously.

Last edited:

Welcome, thanks for reviving this thread, it's been a long time!

As far as your specific interval goes, I'm not certain. Have you checked the condition of the Oil though? Probably the best way to decide, as you don't know for sure what kind of oil the previous owner used or how it's been driven since.

Collectively, we've tackled most of those issues:
1. Are you running the stock headlight? Those aren't too great, apparently.
2. I believe Kannan(?) has replaced his horn previously, search this thread for more details.
3. That's an easy fix if you buy T10 wedge LED bulbs and swap them in, they look great and decrease electrical consumption!

Updates for the thread:

- Have been using Amaron AGM battery for a while now, no issues.
- Switched to Synthetic-blend Castrol Power1 15W40 Oil. Engine's definitely enjoying the 40 hot viscosity more than the 30 used previously.
Hi Viru,

I had Searched for the access thread to get inputs .. Right now i'm finding the engine too smooth and pick up is great too. Have driven around 100 km till now.
Talked to the last owner and he said the showroom service people are useless and won't even do the basic things right. So he suggested me to go for outside mechanic to get the oil changed and for the replacement of air filter. What is the recommended grade of oil for Suzuki Access and planning to do these things done within next 500 km. Then will carry out the mods as per requirement.

Hi Viru,

I had Searched for the access thread to get inputs .. Right now i'm finding the engine too smooth and pick up is great too. Have driven around 100 km till now.
Talked to the last owner and he said the showroom service people are useless and won't even do the basic things right. So he suggested me to go for outside mechanic to get the oil changed and for the replacement of air filter. What is the recommended grade of oil for Suzuki Access and planning to do these things done within next 500 km. Then will carry out the mods as per requirement.
I believe it's 10W30, but am not certain. I'd recommend you find an owner's manual for your vehicle first, it contains a lot of useful information (Dealerships/Workshops should be able to help), including service points and fluid recommendations.

Top Bottom