Pearl Mirage White (YPA) Suzuki Access 125

Thread Starter #16
Re: Adding Brake / Tail LED light

Waiting for your end results on all the above mods.
I have PMed you the ebay link to the bulb.
i have asked another seller to get good quality bulbs. like the photo.
IMAG0146.jpg

Also attaching the Headlight to the battery is a good idea but the 60w will drain your battery. i was planning to upgrade the battery 7AH and then use 35w headlight or HID. or as an alternate method one guy (Road & Track) suggested that i should use the square type (h3) auxiliary (mostly used in off- roading) and connect it to the battery instead of the headlight.

By park light what i meant was to add two LED light (one front one rear) to use in evening etc.

i will visit my garage this week and try to get a horn.

will update you then

Re: Peal Mirage White (YPA) Suzuki Access 125

The Suzuki Access HAS clutch problem. i have seen at least 17 scooters with the similar clutch problem screeching sound while driving uphill or two riding.

it is to be noted that i have one access everything is ok but clutch is a pain in the ass especially in winter season it gives screeching sound while accelerating.

Service centers for access are useless at hyderabad and mumbai spares availability nil. product design is good but problems are there. (i have driven my access for around 51000km the clutch problem from begining till now could not be solved by suzuki

Thread Starter #18

The Suzuki Access HAS clutch problem. i have seen at least 17 scooters with the similar clutch problem screeching sound while driving uphill or two riding.
is the screeching very loud? i think i too am experiencing it.
also after ~8km run to my office sometimes i note a slight smell too. when asked in the service centre they said that it is normal, and will stop after the break-in period.
Gurus please comment on this.

I don't face this issue. My Access has done 65000k kms changed the bore at 50k kms. Not yet replaced the clutch. (Due now)

I have even driven it to Mysore which is almost 100+ kms, though it gets heated up but does fine.

Thread Starter #20
Adding Horn Tail lamp etc

Last week i decided to do some more modifications.

1. Horn Change
2. Tail lamp change
3. Head light change

1. i got a ROOTS single horn for 250/-
horn.jpg

2. BAY15D LED Bulb 450/-
led.jpg

3. PX43t 35/35 W 12V OSRAM headlight bulb
osram.jpg

Sorry i don't have installation photos. camera battery went down.
could only take the tail lamp pictures
led2.jpg
led3.jpg

Results
1. The horn is much better than the stock one. at first i decided to go for the twin system but later decided against it. opted for a single system as it does not require any relay etc.

2. The tail light has two levels one with half led lighting up as tail lamp and the other with full power

3. the headlight improved a little but not up to the level. i am thinking of getting something else like an auxiliary light. last week because of the poor beam i almost ran into a big pothole.

Last edited:
Re: Adding Horn Tail lamp etc

Yep, the low beam acts as a high beam. Only the road 10-15 metres ahead is visible and complete darkness before that. Please let us know if you get a working solution for it. [:)]

You are doing some good modifications. If I were you, then I wouldn't have opted for the body guard. IMO, it spoils the looks. Just my thoughts!

Thread Starter #23

You are doing some good modifications. If I were you, then I wouldn't have opted for the body guard. IMO, it spoils the looks. Just my thoughts!
Yes it does spoil the looks. but i was not the decision maker at the showroom,
from my first post
We jumped at the opportunity, and i opted for the White. During booking me and my wife had an argument regarding the so-called crash-guards, I was not interested in spending 2.5k over worthless steel rods screwed on the scooter, but in the end she won. Then came the trick of the show room people, at first they were willing to give separate accessory prices, and i suggested that i fix the guards at the first service, at that time they said that there was a shortage of the crash-guard. When we agreed to add it. The manager said that it comes as a whole package with seat cover mat etc etc, and I have to take it as a package if i have to get the crash guards. [frustration]

Thread Starter #24

Gave the scooter for 1st Service.
km done = 505
Bill = 430/-
Work done
1. Engine oil = 220.26
2. filter = 44.05
3. gear oil = 88.11
4. tax = 47.58
total= 400/-
labour = 30/-

Did not feel much difference.
Headlight still not good. got to find a way to fix this.
There were some minor issues with the choke etc, but i forgot to tell the SA about it. i was very upset as i had to shout at the SA as he entered another vehicle which arrived later than me.
will try to fix the small issues later next week. also the handle bar grips (accessory) were out of stock.they promised to give it next week.

Last edited:

Gear oil is too costly.. Its just 80 ml.

For HL I could not do any thing just left it, for horns I am using dual tones (maruti ones).
I have also central locking installed.

Now planning for a custom air filter.

Probably remote lock. Our Bajaj Avenger had it too, you can lock it using remote and if someone sits on it(or tries to steal bike), alarm triggers. It also had a button to start the bike with remote! Not sure if Mr. Varun is talking about the same though.

central locking? in Access? please elaborate.
Probably remote lock. Our Bajaj Avenger had it too, you can lock it using remote and if someone sits on it(or tries to steal bike), alarm triggers. It also had a button to start the bike with remote! Not sure if Mr. Varun is talking about the same though.
Yes the same.. It works good. It has a body sensor so that if any one touches the vehicle the siren starts.

Thread Starter #29

Yes the same.. It works good. It has a body sensor so that if any one touches the vehicle the siren starts.
1. can you share the cost?
2. is it difficult to install?
3. can we start the engine without the key?

Yes you can start the engine without the key.

I paid 1200rs + 150 for fitting it (Xenos make).

If you need a pic or video I will upload it.

Top Bottom