PC Monitor Screen goes blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I'm currently using a HCL desktop and from last few weeks noticed that a light blue layer forms on its monitor screen but after shaking it, everything is perfect again like before. Recently called a Computer Engineer, He changed the Monitor cord and things were going fine but this problem has started occurring again!

I asked the expert Zinam who says RGB tube might have gone kaput, as we have other computer engineers at TAI, I would like to hear suggestions from their side as well. What actually the issue could be? And how much will a new monitor cost?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes Zinam is right, if the screen showing blue layer, the monitor need replacement. I am not sure why Monitor chord has been changed.

The good PC monitor should cost you in range of 5K, depending on which type you take. Normal LCD monitor will come at this price range.

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
Yes Zinam is right, if the screen showing blue layer, the monitor need replacement. I am not sure why Monitor chord has been changed.
I don't really plan to replace the monitor until it's extremely necessary. Can't this RGB thingy be fixed, How much should I pay for it?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Mine is a samsung 17 inch.
after some times the screen becomes dull like wavy .

After a hit in the screen the monitor is fine again. this is for more than 5 months.
Some times its fine continuously for 1 hour , or just 5 min. I need to hit them to make them correct.

Vibhor!

You need an correction in RGB tube. Blue color Gun would be triggering more color!

It would cost around 1.2K, take it to some local shops & they fix that easily in 2hrs.

And Check the placement of Speakers ! It shouldn't be near your monitor.

To say no magnetic fields should be near your monitor which will affect life of monitor.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];19357 said:
Mine is a samsung 17 inch.
after some times the screen becomes dull like wavy .

After a hit in the screen the monitor is fine again. this is for more than 5 months.
Some times its fine continuously for 1 hour , or just 5 min. I need to hit them to make them correct.
Exact case is with me. The Monitor needs some shakes and things become alright but all the difference is that mine goes Blue.

Vibhor,
where are the speakers placed for your desktop......
They are placed on top, far from the monitor.

Vibhor!

You need an correction in RGB tube. Blue color Gun would be triggering more color!

It would cost around 1.2K, take it to some local shops & they fix that easily in 2hrs.

And Check the placement of Speakers ! It shouldn't be near your monitor.

To say no magnetic fields should be near your monitor which will affect life of monitor.
So which seems to be a better deal? Fixing the Monitor or purchasing an all new one??

Drive Safe,
350Z

So which seems to be a better deal? Fixing the Monitor or purchasing an all new one??

Drive Safe,
350Z
Depends on your budget constraint!

No monitor will last more than 7yrs. If it does, then its a wonder!

How many years are you using it ?

I prefer changing will be better if its more than 5 yrs! else repair it.

ilango[speed thirst];19367 said:
Zinam , answer mine too.

Mine has a 5.1 channel amplifier near it.
the amp and the speakers and sub all are custom build. even the amp for sub is custom build.
And regd your problem, It should be the problem with magnetic surfaces around.

Try to place the amps, subs & speakers away.

Then degauss your monitor.

It should solve the issue.

Only the amplifier is near it. others all are away from them , even the center speaker is away (its in center of room and system is in one corner. ) This doesn't seem like magnetic effect. it becomes wavy dull . one hit makes them perfect.

Hmm.. If you dont feel that to be magnetic effect then it should be problem with electrode guns which emits colors!

You have to checkout with local shops & can get that fixed for lesser than 500 bucks.

They are placed on top, far from the monitor.

350Z
Ok,then there is no interference of the magnetic field of the speakers with your monitor.It happened in my case when I used to have CRT monitor.I have put my speakers just on the sides of the monitor,and after 3years of use the sides and corners of the monitor screen got de-colourised, the service engineer told me it was due to the speakers' position, he told me it cant be rectified by anyway,either you buy a new one or you use the monitor normally after replacing the speakers,it will get rectified itself with passage of time.I asked him how much time it will take,he didnt specified.I thought its wise to change the monitor as it was effecting my and other users' eyes alot.Fortunately LCD monitors were on the sales I got one.But never kept speakers or any other magnetic objects beside it.

Exact case is with me. The Monitor needs some shakes and things become alright but all the difference is that mine goes Blue.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Ok,I have heard about this problem.This happens only with CRTs.There is nothing to do with cables.One of my cousin had this problem,he also had HCL,HCL ezybee,may be coincidental with yours one.His service engineer gave him a high quote so as he already have used that monitor for 3-4years,he went for a new LCD one and sold it.

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
Depends on your budget constraint!

No monitor will last more than 7yrs. If it does, then its a wonder!

How many years are you using it ?

I prefer changing will be better if its more than 5 yrs! else repair it.
It is now 4-5 Years old but still in perfect condition. Just started giving this trouble recently.

Ok,I have heard about this problem.This happens only with CRTs.There is nothing to do with cables.One of my cousin had this problem,he also had HCL,HCL ezybee,may be coincidental with yours one.His service engineer gave him a high quote so as he already have used that monitor for 3-4years,he went for a new LCD one and sold it.
For the very first time when the screen went blue, I didn't knew what the issue is so searched on net and found on some site that shaking the monitor or its cord will fix the problem, I did same and this problem vanished but after sometime it started to happen again and much more frequently than before so called up an engineer who changed the main cord of monitor which is connected to CPU. This time again, Everything was going fine but recently it has occured.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom