Pathetic Hyundai (Read all Dealers)

Thread Starter #1
Two months ago, I wanted to change automatic transmission fluid (ATF) for my i10 auto. None of the dealers had it. One dealer promised me by ordering from hyundai. He bought mahindra maximile transmission oil for manual transmission and said this is the best one for i10 auto[frustration].

Next those guys ordered again and this morning they showed me rr axle oil which is nowhere closer to ATF.[frustration]

The point is, whoever is owning i10 auto and want to change ATF, then be cautious, as these HYUNDAI MORONS will definitely take you for a ride and may change to any non recommended auto gear oil. This will surely damage your automatic transmission.

The recommended automatic transmission fluid for i10 auto is diamond ATF SPIII grade, fully synthetic.

Must be true.

i was at hyundai yesterday , esp in HMP.

For good 5 hours i was there.

No idea what they fill , what they do.
But the managers way of asking ....

err yet waiting for their result!! ill say later on!

350Z

Core Team
It's surprising that Hyundai dealers can be so ignorant. Get in touch with Hyundai Support directly. I’m sorry to know that you are having trouble owning an i10.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
It's surprising that Hyundai dealers can be so ignorant. Get in touch with Hyundai Support directly. I’m sorry to know that you are having trouble owning an i10.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hyundai support is a BIG JOKE. I had called them. As per them there is nothing called as ATF (read Automatic Transmission Fluid)[frustration]

When should the automatic transmission fluid ATF be changed?

For best protection, we, at Hyundai change the fluid and the filter every 40000Kms.

Why the Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF Wears Out?

An automatic transmission creates a lot of internal heat through friction created when the clutch plates engage,and the normal friction created by gears and bearings carrying their loads. At elevated operating temperatures, ATF oxidizes, turns brown and takes on a smell like burnt toast. As heat destroys the fluid's lubricating qualities and friction characteristics,varnish begins to form on internal parts (such as the valve body) which interferes with the operation of the transmission.If the temperature gets above 90 degrees C., rubber seals begin to harden, which leads to leaks and pressure losses.The only way to repair the damage now is with an overhaul

A job which can easily run upwards of AED 7500.

This is what is posted on official Hyundai site but it is for UAE,
:: Hyundai Motor Company- UAE ::
I guess for India, Hyundai has different technology ha ha ha!

Thread Starter #8
That's why the title "Pathetic Hyundai"

These guys don't even know how to maintain the car properly. Every dealer has its own rules set. Most of the time their systems are down in Pune. Reason cited "no connectivity"

Hyundai use to be good before,now as more cars are crowding there service they cannot handle the pressure or become ignorant i feel, when my friend took his i20 from service he realized his windshield was cracked,a small crack can grow over time,he yelled at them & they changed it free of charge but in the process my friend lost 5000 bucks as that was the price of the sun film on the front windshield

& a small suspicion on my mind is when my mom gave her car(xing) for service at Hyundai they did not change the oil(it was billed though) as 8000 odd km later the oil light came on & when i rushed it to a mechanic near by there was no oil showing on the stick, except for a liter when drained & it looked like tar [surprise] ,i was under the impression something must be wrong with the engine,but owning two santros before this which had clocked new to 1.2 lk kms without engine trouble i was surprised ,after making sure everything was topped up & serviced on the spot,car has no oil problems even after 2600km since then leading me to suspect they never changed the oil,next time I wont take company service for granted & check everything myself, the car had clocked 80,000 without probs now after this oil stunt it does not pull the same way,internals would have been damaged,

I remember an incident which my friend told me,he had taken delivery of his Verna & next day due to some prob he took it to service center as he stood there a mechanic reverses another customers black accent right into his brand new car denting it,after which the mechanic cooly parks the car as nothing happened ,with tempers flaring when he confronted the mech & service adviser he realized the mech was plain drunk in the morning,so much for working standards !
& i keep getting calls from Hyundai asking for feedback on service of my i10(i dont own one) ,calling me for someone elses car,i have been telling them for the last 3 years that i am not that person nor do i own an i10,but every 4 to 5 months i keep getting this call

I feel Hyundai cannot handle the number of cars coming inn, as number of cars grow,no one is perfect but Maruthi seems to be doing well in comparison considering the number of cars they handle.

haha. sad to see this happening. The atf fluid is pretty hard to fine, as i said in another thread you can try getting it from mumbai opera house or order it online.
speaking to hyundai's customer care is a waste of time, made me literally bang my head on the wall.
the service centre i go to, they use a standard oil for all vehicle only difference is one is for diesel and another for petrol. even the api- is outdated i guess api-sl
i asked my dealership if hey have synthetic oil and they said no and told me i could get it from outside.

i then wrote an email to hyundai customer care. Asking them which oil do they recommend in synthetic. And also which viscosity since in the manual they recommended 5w20 and 5w30.
took me 3 days to get a reply.
on that reply they wrote.
we do not recommend use of synthetic oils or any oil available in the market. we only recommend using oils available at our service dealers only.(its like we have to rely on what they want to feed us)
i then sent a reply asking them why they do not recommend when the oils are more modern oils have better additives and so on.
a reply after 3 days state.
we only recommend that you use oils recommended by hyundai available at our service dealers and authorized service centers using anything other than this can put a risk on your warranty. When anything comes they only use warranty. Its like a restraint for us. customer finds accessories cheaper outside. tell him warranty will be void come to us and get same part for higher price

but i never got my question answered. when the oils we get in the market are way better than what they are filling in, then why? not recommended.

another thing i saw in the service centre was that they were not using 3m underbody coating but cans which had maruti suzuki labels which were partially ripped of from the cans.

And about the way they drive cars. Is terrible. i get heart attacks seeing their rally style driving on other cars in those service bays. Seen them even dent and then use rubbing compound or just paint brush n touch up. More over their knowledge is less than what we owners who take interest in our cars have.
tell them a problem they say everything fine. tell them again have yourself blamed that yu are not using the car well.

have a look at the issues i am facing. in 5000kms i have been 5-6 times there for suspension and fuel economy issues only to have the issues come back or be told its all fine. driving style peh depend hai.

Hyundai isn't really what people used to tell me some years back.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
True observations nick. hyundai ( hence forth i will never write hyundai's h in capital) is the "WORST" automotive company in India.

They will never answer you to the point. their worksman ship is pathetic, they lack knowledge and are in R&D mode always. hyundai dealers are never able to trace the problem in first go.

Last week saw two i10's on jack and guess what, all of them had engine problem, not even completed 10k kms. And you have the result, Tata is going ahead of them in quality and also in service.

Mileage and hyundai never go hand in hand. Their claims are always fake.

I guess the 40k interval and fewer automatics are the culprit here. The number of Hyundai cars are on the rise, but there is no considerable automatics out there. They must be thinking, Why the extra trouble for such a small number. But the dealer should have sourced it in a week or two max.
Did you talk with the service manager and explain the situation?

i have made a good relation with the warranty in charge guy and most of the time i go to the service centre i sit in his cabin(i don't like to leave my car there and come out they will do nothing) i saw quiet a few new vernas with issues, turbo, injector, ac compressor, master cylinder, transmission.
you should se the mileage i am getting, every time i tell them they just connect a computer, check all parameters and then say every things fine, then say to get average you have to drive at 60km/h use ac sparingly etc. very well i tried that and no use, tell them it and they still won't listen.

Looks like the dealers at Pune are pathetic. Yes even i feel the dealerships are not well equipped to handle the increase in cars , both space as well as man power. Even here their drivers drive rashly , even in front of your eyes! I will just ask him to get out and take out the car myself , i even park the car myself while dropping the car.

I don't know about the oil they use , the underbody coating they use etc etc but i am happy with my dealer KUN Hyundai. My car has clocked 60k KMS till now and i have not faced any issues with the car and also the dealership. My friend who has an i20 is using another dealer and he has also been served well till now.

@ Mods Can the word Pune be added to the thread title or the specific dealer's name alone. The thread title is a bit misleading.

dhaya i think its best the thread be hyundai dealers in general as there are few who faced issues and would love to speak out on this thread.
i get good service at my dealer to. The service advisors are very welcoming they offer you cold drinks and tea every now and then. But when it comes to problem solving on the car simple things are fixed but complicated stuff aren't. every time they do the same procedure. But they won't go into depths. Like if fe is low and a scan tool shows everything is fine, there should be some other issues right? To them the scan tool is the only say that everything is fine, not the bad fe and suspension issues every time they have to remove bolts regrease and then go for a trial if still not then order a part which they think may be a cause wait for 10 days go there waste one day only to find out its not solved. Happened two times they fixed the suspension went for their trial and said sir its all sorted out no issues, have your sa make a gate pass, i asked my sa to round up a few guys and we went on a test drive i pointed the noise still being there even the sa agreed that it was abnormal again wait for 10 days more for the other part which they feel may be the cause.
Periodic maintenance will be done splendid, i see cars coming out within 3 hours which has only the normal servicing like oil change etc not to mention its pretty cheap.

Top Bottom