Pasco Fiasco: Maruti Nexa Sells Used & Faulty S-Cross As New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
PASCO NEXA Sells Used S-Cross to a Customer for price of NEW!![anger]

I shall fight and I shall win! Lend me your support. ‪#‎PascoFiasco‬
Pasco Gurgaon Maruti Nexa Dealership Cheats Customer: Sells Used & Faulty SCross As New

Summary:

· Pasco Gurgaon delivers a used SCross (driven 322 kms at the time of delivery) at the price of new. Claims this was ‘normal’ due to 'testing' and ‘transporting’

· Several issues in the car surface including reverse gear jamming, bubbling/vibration, worn out car keys, faulty reverse camera, missing service booklet and misspelling in temp certificate which were immediately reported

· The car was picked back multiple times and has been with the dealership virtually for over 2 months for the above issues which continue to resurface
· Pasco Gurgaon refuses to return or exchange the car and offers free accessories worth Rs 10,000 to ‘ignore’ the 322 kms driven issue
· Maruti sales team steps in on escalating to Maruti with emails to several senior executives, but washes its hands off and hands over the case to Service team.

· Maruti Service Team technicians acknowledge the reverse gear fault during a 30-min test drive but send a false ‘OK’ report later denying the issues
· Consumer case notice sent to Pasco Gurgaon and Maruti
· Pasco Gurgaon denies all charges and arm-twists via notice to impose Rs 10,000 / day fine if the replacement car isn’t returned and threat calls from Gurgaon Police falsely implicating the customer
· Consumer returns replacement vehicle and files case against Pasco Gurgaon and Maruti

# The ‘holiday shopping’ at Pasco Gurgaon:

I've been a loyal Maruti customer for decades. My first tryst with Maruti happened when my father discarded his Premier Padmini for a swanky red 800 (old shape) when I was 15 or so. I have since owned a number of Maruti vehicles including a Zen and the rare Baleno Altura Hatchback (which I still own, and swear by). And then something happened that changed my opinion about Maruti: NEXA - Maruti's premium dealership network. Nexa would cater to the more premium segment of customers and sell only the more expensive cars including the new Baleno and SCROSS - the premium crossover.

As much as I love it, my Baleno was turning old. My work requires me to commute from Noida to Gurgaon every day. In December 2015, I test drove the SCross and liked it instantly. I got in touch with sales representative Manish Manchanda of NEXA PASCO GURGAON who offered me the SCross in the colour I had been looking for - the only one in stock that could be delivered immediately.

Excited about enjoying my new year holidays with family driving out of town, I booked the car on December 20th, 2015. I was told by Rajiv Bhatia, GM, Pasco Gurgaon that the vehicle could only be delivered the next day after fitting the alloys, and other accessories. The next day being Monday (a working day for me), they assured that the vehicle would be delivered in a truck during the day at my office. 'Hum baithe hain na, sir!' the reassuring statement from Rajiv with a smile sealed it for me. 'Premium service! Nexa has arrived' - I told my wife.

# Beginning of the nightmare:

On 21 December, a dozen phone calls and follow ups later, I was told by Manish that he was delayed and the car would reach well before 6 pm at my office. At 6 pm, Manish confirmed that he had started from Gurgaon. On my sharing that my office would be closed by the time he would reach, he insisted that he'll drop it directly at my residence in Noida. With my scheduled holiday around the corner and a dozen things to close at work the next day, I agreed. Finally, at 10 pm, Manish arrived at our residence followed by the Scross loaded on a truck. He looked tired and we were half asleep. So he quickly handed us a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates and signed off. 'Premium Nexa!' my wife exclaimed this time. But hey, where was the Service Booklet? 'I seemed to have forgotten it at the showroom. Don't worry, we'll send it to you, Manish said. 'And wait, my name is misspelt on the temporary registration?!' I pointed out. 'Is it? We'll correct that', he promptly replied before leaving.

After Manish left, we decided to take the car to the Gurudwara for a small ritual. As I started the car, I noticed the meter reading showed 322 kms already! One would ideally expect a new car to show zero reading or at max 15-20 kms, as dealers use trucks to transport cars and even charge a few thousand rupees as 'handling charges' as part of the car cost from customers. After taking a photo of the meter, I called Manish, who was still on his way back. 'This is normal practice, sir!' he said in his ever reassuring voice. 'We test drive every car for quality and then the car arrives from the factory to our showroom, so you see...'. Aap gaadi chalao.. don't worry. Hum baithe hain na!' 'May be you’re thinking too much,' my wife said, and we decided to go for a spin. During the drive, I felt the car was not very stable and would wobble even on a smooth road. 'The car key buttons don't seem to be working' my nephew who joined us on the way to Gurudwara pointed out. I asked him to try the other key. 'Why do these keys look worn out? They are scratched all over. You sure you've bought a new car? He joked. I took a close look. He was right. The keys carried more scratches than that of my over-a-decade-old Baleno. I took photos of the same to take up the issue with Pasco the next day. By then, my nephew confirmed he felt the same wobbling while driving as I did. The excitement of a new car had died by then. The last straw to the experience was when I tried to park the car. The reverse gear refused to engage. I checked if I was engaging it the right way. May be there was a different way to it which Manish had forgotten to share. There wasn't. It would just not engage. After struggling with it for some time, it finally did engage and I parked it. The trouble had just begun! I should have not got the delivery at home, I kept thinking the whole night. I hope we're able to make it to our holiday in our new car. May be Rajiv Bhatia will help. After all, it's a premium dealership - I assured myself.

# The ordeal had just begun:

The following day, after a few phone calls to Pasco Gurgaon and an email to their service team to look into the matter, they apologised and picked the car back. Despite my repeated requests to return or replace the car, Manish and Rajiv kept insisting that it was not an option as their ‘senior has declined the request’ and that it was ‘absolutely normal’ for a new car to be driven that much and that they would look into the other issues. The same car was sent back the next day with a personalised call from Pasco Gurgaon GM Rajiv Bhatia saying “Sir, hum baithe hain na… We have solved all the issues. Aaap gaadi chalao. After that, we will do whatever you please.” I also received an email promising to issue a fresh set of keys to me. And just when I thought of focusing on our family holiday for which we had to drive out of town only a day later, the reverse gear of the car again started acting up- so much that I had to manually push it out of parking space a few times. It would unpredictably get stuck once in every 3-4 times.
This time, a ‘technician’ from Pasco visited my office, surprisingly, without any tools or gadgets, suggesting that he would ‘reset some wires’ under the bonnet which might be causing the reverse gear issue. I explained to him that the issue occurs only after long drives, and unpredictably, and not every time, so there was no way I could confirm instantly After spending quick 5 minutes fiddling with wires inside the bonnet, he Okayed the car from his side. “ho gaya, sir! Ab problem nahi hogi.” But as anticipated the issue resurfaced and I ended up pushing the car into the parking space. I was so done with all this!

Once again, Pasco offered to pick the car. This time I insisted I needed a replacement car till my issue was completely resolved, to which they agreed. We had to by this time push our holiday plan. A day later, they dropped the car back claiming the gear issue has been resolved and the car was ready to be taken anywhere. Trusting them, we started on our trip and during the journey the gear would every once in a while act stubborn, just like before.

This was getting serious. I had spent 8.85 lakhs rupees on a new car. And what I was receiving was anything but a new car experience, let alone premium! We decided to cut short our holiday and return to Delhi.
I consulted some auto expert friends, all of who suggested that it was not normal for a new car to have driven 322 kms at the time of delivery. And that the reverse gear issue was certainly not something that could be ignored. The car must have been used for demo/test drives by the dealership. Other brands/dealers normally sell off such cars at huge discounts. Volvo recently gave an ad in the paper offering as much as 25% off on such cars, for example.

# Maruti gets involved; Pasco Gurgaon goes from acknowledgement to suppression: “Maamla khatm karte hain na, sir!”:

The gear issue was not sorted and so my car was picked once again by PASCO on complaining and a replacement car was issued to me.

I decided to escalate the matter to Maruti, so I filed a complaint with Maruti Customer Care online and and wrote a detailed email to some of their senior executives with my concerns. While one Stuti Gandhi from Maruti sales team was quick to respond, she was equally quick to handover the case to Amit Verma of Maruti Service Team even as I insisted that it was a sales issue – that of ‘delivering’ a used and faulty car. I also insisted Maruti to me give in writing that it was normal for their cars to be driven over 300 km before delivery and that the gear issue has been resolved completely. Days went by. I wrote a series of emails to multiple senior officers. Posted tweets. And then, Mr Rajiv Bhatia, GM Pasco called me saying – “Sir, maamla lamba kyo kheechte ho.. pareshaani aap ko hi hogi.” Confirming that the Maruti team has sorted the gear issue, he offered me to accept Rs 10,000 worth of free accessories only if I were to ignore the fact that the vehicle was driven 322 km at the time of delivery.

I decided to go and meet Amit Verma – Service Manager, Maruti who assured me that he would join me in a test drive of the vehicle. On 24 January, 3 Maruti accompanied me to test-drive the car parked at Pasco Gurgaon workshop and the reverse gear got stuck atleast 8 out of 20 times during the 30 minute drive. Amit Verma and his colleagues took turns to drive the car and experienced/acknowledged the snag. While they claimed the car had a smart chip to log all faults, this fault which was evident, was something the car chip could not have detected, they agreed. Amit Verma and his two team-mates promised to share a fair report with me and Maruti the following day. I informed Rajiv Bhatia the same and left. After reminding Amit Verma for the report, I was shocked to see an email from him saying that the technical examination revealed no issues. On calling him, his reply was “sir, samjho aap… while I understand your issue, we can only write what we are allowed to write. We have a job to protect”!! In this entire 2 month episode, the car had been me barely for a week.

I was convinced I was being duped by Pasco and that Maruti had become a party to it. I consulted my lawyer friends and sent Pasco and Maruti a Legal Notice. In response to this, Ashwini from Maruti Service and Rajiv Bhatia from Pasco Gurgaon requested to meet in person and ‘discuss’ the issue – “aap jahan kahoge hum aa jayenge, sir” Rajiv Bhatia had insisted. A meeting was fixed for 12 noon, February 06 at a coffee shop in Noida. At the time of meeting, I along with my legal counsel waited at the designated coffee shop for 2.5 hours while Manish, Ashwini and Rajiv kept telling us that they were ‘on the way’. Since I had a flight to catch and my counsel had other business to attend, we finally left at 2:30 pm after Manish told they would take 30 more minutes to reach. With no reason left to trust this team, I asked them to suggest their solution on email. Instead of emails, Instead, on phone, I was told by the 3 gentlemen "Jo app chah rahe hain, wo to nahi hoga" in a rather threatening tone.

# Eventual denial and arm-twisting by Pasco
A couple of days later, while I was traveling, I received a reply to my legal notice formally denying all charges (including the fact that the car was driven before delivery). In addition, I was sent a formal notice from Pasco, threatening to impose a fine of Rs 10,000/day and face ‘police action’ if I did not return their replacement car. The shocker came when I got a call from the Gurgaon Police asking me to return ‘Pasco’s demo vehicle’ (the replacement car). I explained to them that I was out of town and that Pasco had given this car to me as there were issues with the car delivered to me. The policeman (claimed to be the SHO) said he was approached by Rajiv Bhatia of Pasco that I was illegally detaining Pasco’s demo car, and that they will file a formal FIR if I did not return the car.

Harassed with all this, I returned the replacement car to Pasco. To my surprise, even as Pasco picked the vehicle, the driver refused to sign on an acknowledgement letter that referred to the car as a ‘Replacement Vehicle’ and instead insisted on referring to it as a ‘demo car they had given to me to drive’.

Now, over 2.5 months later, after having made full down payment of 8.85 lakhs and several visits to Pasco Dealership and workshop, I am left with no car and no choice but to fight a legal battle against the two giants – Pasco and Maruti. I have spent numerous days on the issue – from writing emails to seeking advice on the matter from friends and experts. My emails to Maruti senior executives are falling on deaf ears. The only choice these giants are now offering me is to accept their used and faulty car for the price of a new one. That’s Maruti Nexa premium dealership for you - Hum Baithe Hai Na, Sir!

- Amit Gundh
(Maruti Complaint Ref ID 1070314)
Link

Akash.

Re: NEXA Experience!! Joke? Disgust? Poor Experience at NEXA Gurgaon

PASCO NEXA Sells Used S-Cross to a Customer for price of NEW!![anger]

Link

Akash.
Pure horror! These Maruti Suzuki guys take us Indian Customers for granted and they know that their sales won't get affected.[surprise]
No more, "Ye Maruti hai, bindass aakhe bandh karke le sakthe hai".
and these guys blame Tata's service quality. [frustration]

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Pure horror! These Maruti Suzuki guys take us Indian Customers for granted and they know that their sales won't get affected.
and these guys blame Tata's service quality.
let this be put on the facebook and Twitter. Only then the Maruti would wake up.
I would say, this matter needs to be twitted on twitter of our News Channels and put on Facebook Of SIAM. A man's hard earned money is kept by MSIL. I believe if we as customers can rise against international brands for unreliable products/unethical practices then Maruti too needs to be dealt in the same way. They are no different and should get dragged and justice is to be given. I honestly never had faith in these morons at NEXA.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

From what i read above it seems the customer was a maruthi loyalist and he trusted nexa more than maruthi.

We live in a country where doctors of famous hospital chains, advise you to undergo major surgery for the sake of money, how can one trust a sales guy who works on commission when you cant even trust a doctor.

Sales guys think customers are fools and will tell whatever they want, if a customer is well informed then they will avoid him.

Last edited:

I guess almost all nexa dealerships are like that, nothing premium in their service, when i went two nexa showrooms, they are least bothered about customers, and very much disinterested to explain about the baleno, which i was interested that time. Finally bought Ford aspire diesel titanium, and very much happy with my decision compared to baleno.

This is unacceptable.

Let me tell you one truth. Pasco is totally unprofessional. Here Maruti also seems to be at fault however I have personally experienced unprofessional practice from Pasco.

I own Wagon R since 10 years. I used to get it serviced at D.D Motors peera garhi. D.D Motos is highly professional. I was more than satisfied with their work. No complaints at all. However it was taken over by Pasco later on. Once Pasco was in command, I came to know the excellent work of D. D Motors. My service bill started increasing by whopping 25% as soon as Pasco was in charge. The work done was not at all satisfactory. No one to listen to my complaints. I tried next year considering last experience as an exception. However this time the situation worsen. That was the last time I visited Pasco.

Lets avoid pasco at all. I would suggest this to everyone. In case you still decide to have business with them, be very cautious.

IMO this issue deserves a separate thread and needs proper highlighting instead of getting lost inside an another thread.

PASCO NEXA Sells Used S-Cross to a Customer for price of NEW!!
Akash.
If I am not wrong then this car should be the blue or grey one. I guess it is the blue one, August Manufactured S Cross delta. Why I know that? Well, the NEXA guys offered me exactly the same deal (In first week of December, check thread opening date) saying "sir we will give you satnav and alloys with 2.5 lac discount on S Cross delta". I am not sure if this customer has bought the same car but the price he paid is directing towards that only. Maybe there are some more cars in stock or maybe the Pasco guys have sold him the same car I am talking of.

The courtesy car/demo car they gave to the customer is their blue TD S Cross; I can well recognize that registration number (It has 3D style plates) and the signature on the letter is of Mr. Anand (Manager there); nothing to say but these guys have taken every single route to suppress the customer as well as his voice.

If I had any contact with Mr. Amit; I would have definitely tried to help him out. Rest if anyone can do it then Mr. Amit needs to get in touch with ACI too because ACI quickly gets in touch with higher ups in the office to get the things resolved.

Pure horror! These Maruti Suzuki guys take us Indian Customers for granted and they know that their sales won't get affected.[surprise]
and these guys blame Tata's service quality. [frustration]
The biggest issue with Maruti is that these morons literally never listen to the customer and any major complains raised by the customer. Their A.S.S. is fine till its minor replacements like switches, buttons etc (And customers consider them Gods for replacing a 100 rupee switch for free under warranty). Get to them with a major issue and see how they start manipulating everything in no time.

Believe me guys, Maruti dealers do give higher amount claims only when they are treated with a 'Danda' and that's when they do really well but I know that everyone can't go to that level.

I believe if we as customers can rise against international brands for unreliable products/unethical practices then Maruti too needs to be dealt in the same way. They are no different and should get dragged and justice is to be given. I honestly never had faith in these morons at NEXA.
What I never understand is that when it comes to Maruti; neither any portal nor any press organization write it in bold letters on the cover page but that is done when it comes to VW/Skoda or others. On the contrary when Maruti gives a replacement car or does some goodwill gesture then everyone starts praising and singing their praises but no one bothers if other manufacturers do the same.

No matter what; I haven't bought a Maruti since years and I am not interested in buying one either. For me it's important that sales and service people do listen to what I am saying and it's least important what their ratings are. I had a good experience owning a Skoda (My service adviser was really good) just because they used to service my car the way I wanted, not the way they wanted to.

From what i read above it seems the customer was a maruthi loyalist and he trusted nexa more than maruthi.

Sales guys think customers are fools and will tell whatever they want, if a customer is well informed then they will avoid him.
And Maruti has now lost that loyalist. It's just that the reliability of their cars is hiding this second face of Maruti; the car doesn't give any complain for long time and the innocent customer believes that the A.S.S. is saving the car from issues.

Finally bought Ford aspire diesel titanium, and very much happy with my decision compared to baleno.
Two companies which are working real hard on customer satisfaction and both I have personally experienced are:
  • Ford India
  • Mahindra & Mahindra

In both of them the customer seems to be the highest priority. Just a couple of days back I had entire front suspension of a Scorpio replaced (90k kms done S8 Scorpio) under warranty and it took just a tweet to get the claim done after the A.S.S. denied it. Same is with Ford, I have an Ecosport in my relationship; we had the issue just once and within 24 hours the problem was solved by Ford. I am sure that you will also be surprised by how quick Ford is in terms of addressing customer complains.

This is unacceptable.

Let me tell you one truth. Pasco is totally unprofessional. Here Maruti also seems to be at fault however I have personally experienced unprofessional practice from Pasco.

I own Wagon R since 10 years. I used to get it serviced at D.D Motors peera garhi. D.D Motos is highly professional. I was more than satisfied with their work. No complaints at all. However it was taken over by Pasco later on. Once Pasco was in command, I came to know the excellent work of D. D Motors. My service bill started increasing by whopping 25% as soon as Pasco was in charge. The work done was not at all satisfactory. No one to listen to my complaints. I tried next year considering last experience as an exception. However this time the situation worsen. That was the last time I visited Pasco.

Lets avoid pasco at all. I would suggest this to everyone. In case you still decide to have business with them, be very cautious.
Had no experience with Pasco et all but their regular dealership is better than their NEXA I can bet.

The SA telling they quality test every car by driving extensively, how could he tell such a lie . He must have thought the customer to be a complete naive person and it seems true also.

The biggest issue with Maruti is that these morons literally never listen to the customer and any major complains raised by the customer. Their A.S.S. is fine till its minor replacements like switches, buttons etc (And customers consider them Gods for replacing a 100 rupee switch for free under warranty). Get to them with a major issue and see how they start manipulating everything in no time.

Believe me guys, Maruti dealers do give higher amount claims only when they are treated with a 'Danda' and that's when they do really well but I know that everyone can't go to that level.

What I never understand is that when it comes to Maruti; neither any portal nor any press organization write it in bold letters on the cover page but that is done when it comes to VW/Skoda or others. On the contrary when Maruti gives a replacement car or does some goodwill gesture then everyone starts praising and singing their praises but no one bothers if other manufacturers do the same.

No matter what; I haven't bought a Maruti since years and I am not interested in buying one either. For me it's important that sales and service people do listen to what I am saying and it's least important what their ratings are. I had a good experience owning a Skoda (My service adviser was really good) just because they used to service my car the way I wanted, not the way they wanted to.

And Maruti has now lost that loyalist. It's just that the reliability of their cars is hiding this second face of Maruti; the car doesn't give any complain for long time and the innocent customer believes that the A.S.S. is saving the car from issues.

Two companies which are working real hard on customer satisfaction and both I have personally experienced are:
  • Ford India
  • Mahindra & Mahindra

Right on Vipul with regards to warranty claims I too had a similar experience with Ritz ldi which I bought in 2009. There were problems within 5000km like clutch juddering and then the engine used to shut down suddenly without any indication. This was the diesel version and they could not solve it till I sold it off. In the mean time the steering column started to rattle and the dealership promised me it will be replaced under warranty which they did not do. Just after the 2 year warranty period the dealership says that the company is not going to replace the steering column but if you want we will replace it for 28,000 rs! And believe me each time I was treated as a second grade guy even though after knowing that my cousins are a Maruti spares distributor. I felt so hurt from then that I said to myself to hell with resale value, I will never be going to buy their product again.

In the same period my brother bought a TATA Manza and could see the immediate difference in the service personal behavior. My brother being a rough driver used to abuse the car like hell. Back then AMC was not there but even in general warranty I had a first hand experience of how smoothly TATA handled the warranty claims no Dandas needed!

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I send a dm to "nexa experience" on twitter. Anyone having twitter account do the same , maybe messages from several people will open their eyes and maruti will intervene

Thread Starter #12

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

I am attaching a Whatsapp Conversation done by a close friend with the NEXA people. He touched on the on-going S-Cross Issue highlighted above and the person of NEXA got paranoid and tried to avoid the questions asked by my friend. I feel NEXA is simply unable to give clear picture. I request you all to share this conversation on every automotive board.

IMG-20160312-WA0000.jpg

Regards

Akash

I think the customer does not has a strong case, since he was signed a legal document accepting the car. If each td is done for atleast 2 kms, then atleast 150 drivers would have drove it, the fear and clutch would have taken a beating.

Last edited:

See my #PascoFiasco expericnes with Maruti Nexa: #DownBuyMaruti

Pasco Gurgaon 'Premium' Maruti Nexa Dealership Cheating Case: Delivers used and faulty SCross. Dealership refuses to return/replace; arm-twists customer with fine/police action with false complaint regarding temporary replacement car. Maruti team gives false OK report after acknowledging issues during inspection; washes hands.

Summary:
· Pasco Gurgaon delivers a used SCross (driven 322 kms at the time of delivery) at the price of new. Claims this was ‘normal’ due to 'testing' and ‘transporting’
· Several issues in the car surface including reverse gear jamming, bubbling/vibration, worn out car keys, faulty reverse camera, missing service booklet and misspelling in temp certificate which were immediately reported
· The car was picked back multiple times and has been with the dealership virtually for over 2 months for the above issues which continue to resurface
· Pasco Gurgaon refuses to return or exchange the car and offers free accessories worth Rs 10, 000 to ‘ignore’ the 322 kms driven issue
· Maruti sales team steps in on escalating to Maruti with emails to several senior executives, but washes its hands off and hands over the case to Service team.
· Maruti Service Team technicians acknowledge the reverse gear fault during a 30-min test drive but send a false ‘OK’ report later denying the issues
· Consumer case notice sent to Pasco Gurgaon and Maruti
· Pasco Gurgaon denies all charges and arm-twists via notice to impose Rs 10, 000 / day fine if the replacement car isn’t returned and threat calls from Gurgaon Police falsely implicating the customer
· Consumer returns replacement vehicle and files case against Pasco Gurgaon and Maruti

Read case details here:
Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new - Team-BHP

^^What is the latest update on the issue? Is the car once again ready for delivery? Has Maruti Suzuki management tried to get in touch with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom