Parking Lot Issues: Need Expert Views

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was rear-ended by a lady (on an Activa) at a signal and the poor lady fell down. I came out to help her and started picking up the Activa (which fell on her leg), and a crowd gathered! They all started taking the lady's side. Why? She was a lady. One of the comment was "She is a lady. Can't you be careful?" and I was like what do I had to do with her being a lady? In case someone bangs at me, I cannot do anything. After a lot of haggling with the lady (she was fine and started demanding money for her damage, after seeing the situation in her favour!), had to pay 5k to her and get my bumper replaced for another 5k! In such cases, most of the crowd gives sympathy to ladies (or two wheelers) thinking they are innocent and we car-drivers are the devils. What we can do is to keep our cool and reply politely. One slang word or heated argument and they are ready to pounce upon you.
You just need to be stern and say Its not your fault since you are waiting at the signal[surprise]. If they don't agree you then should have called the police, not just to save that Rs5000/- but to stop such daylight robbery by those idiotic people.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hmm. Case of arrogant and careless driving. I read your experience and how you tackled it. Just want to say that you did the right thing by not dragging the case further and accepted compensation for damage from the lady. It is actually your right. There are not many who stand up and go to the extent of making a person realize his/her mistake. Don't worry much on what people think or say. You asked same question to your house owner, he had no answer. Same way, its your car that has got damaged, and so everyone got the chance of being awfully enlightened and preached you. The same thing often happens on roads too. If an accident occurs involving a female, many a times its the male driver who's taught how to be careful and drive in right way. Can't ever change that! So, just wipe off the accident from your mind and move on FD.

Oh Ya one more thing, the person who preached you the lesson of righteousness, you should have asked him to pay the damages of your car instead of the lady. His face would have been like[embarass].

Regards

Akash

PS: After your car was repaired, did that lady raise any issue? Did she ask your wife about it or anything? Saying so because she in probability would like to taunt on you if the expense done would be less than 2.5K!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Hmm. Case of arrogant and careless driving. I read your experience and how you tackled it. Just want to say that you did the right thing by not dragging the case further and accepted compensation for damage from the lady. It is actually your right. There are not many who stand up and go to the extent of making a person realize his/her mistake. Don't worry much on what people think or say. You asked same question to your house owner, he had no answer. Same way, its your car that has got damaged, and so everyone got the chance of being awfully enlightened and preached you. The same thing often happens on roads too. If an accident occurs involving a female, many a times its the male driver who's taught how to be careful and drive in right way. Can't ever change that! So, just wipe off the accident from your mind and move on FD.

Oh Ya one more thing, the person who preached you the lesson of righteousness, you should have asked him to pay the damages of your car instead of the lady. His face would have been like.
Thanks for the words. Once in a while, you need recognition for what you are doing, to make you feel you are in right path. And I guess that is what I needed, which eventually led me to start this thread!

Regarding other people, whenever a damage happen to someone's property, you can see handful of people offer suggestion, or rather advice. But how many will follow their own when it comes to their own property? When I asked the question to the house owner, he was like [surprise]! I even asked him one thing(which would have triggered him, that is why we have strict parking rules [;)]), "Will you be okay if I damage your house which I am staying now, and just say sorry and shrug it off the shoulder. Will you not take money from us? Even-though it was not done deliberately?". This is when he stopped involving in this matter.

See, it is easy for him preach, but when it comes to his own, he is not the same guy who advice me now!

PS: After your car was repaired, did that lady raise any issue? Did she ask your wife about it or anything? Saying so because she in probability would like to taunt on you if the expense done would be less than 2.5K!
The deal was like, I will give the car to my regular garage and she has to pay just the bill amount! Since I had a discount coupon for the garage, the bill came around 2k only! A good 675 INR discount and free wash. Else the bill would have been come around 3k. So she just see the total bill and discount, and paid 2k.

So after the service guy dropped the car at my place, my wife went to give the bill to her. This time too, she didn't let my wife inside the house. Just took the bill, verified it and paid 2k. All this happened through her window! And this is when I was confident that I just did the right thing. Where are the manners? Where is the hospitality? This is how she treat people? God, I wonder what happen to her patients, once she become a senior resident in the hospital! [frustration]

You just need to be stern and say Its not your fault since you are waiting at the signal[surprise]. If they don't agree you then should have called the police, not just to save that Rs5000/- but to stop such daylight robbery by those idiotic people.
Yes. At times, we should stand against these kinda incidents! I still remember, when I was in Chennai, while riding my Victor on left lane, a girl just decided to take left at last minute w/o indicating. At last minute, I somehow steered right and still managed to bang the rear end of her gear-less bike. But the impact was very less and the girl suffered no injury. Just a minor bruise, that's all. But the crowd decided, as always, it was the guys fault. I just told them, it was her fault and I did my best to avoid impact so I steered. By looking at the damage and since the bike indicator wasn't on, I managed to convince them all and escaped. Once in a while,(I must say, always, if possible) we need to stand up against these kinda things!

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks for the words. Once in a while, you need recognition for what you are doing, to make you feel you are in right path.
[:)]

Regarding other people, whenever a damage happen to someone's property, you can see handful of people offer suggestion, or rather advice. But how many will follow their own when it comes to their own property?
None

So after the service guy dropped the car at my place, my wife went to give the bill to her. This time too, she didn't let my wife inside the house. Just took the bill, verified it and paid 2k. All this happened through her window! And this is when I was confident that I just did the right thing.
Really uncalled and disgraceful of the lady to be so unkind. Maybe she tried to justify her fragile ego by doing this non-ethical gesture.

Where are the manners? Where is the hospitality? This is how she treat people? God, I wonder what happen to her patients, once she become a senior resident in the hospital!
Utterly shameful. I can understand that she felt disgusted on you as you took a rightful stand but this attitude of her towards your wife was really bad. I feel she's going in wrong job.

Regards

Akash

You just need to be stern and say Its not your fault since you are waiting at the signal. If they don't agree you then should have called the police, not just to save that Rs5000/- but to stop such daylight robbery by those idiotic people.
Actually, the problem was that I had left a huge distance (a good 2/3 cars could be occupied) in front of me since there was very less traffic, that day. The auto-wallahs and other bikers stopped to help the lady and she blamed it on me, that I had braked in the middle of nowhere and she couldn't apply the brake. In reality, I had braked earlier and was waiting for the light to turn green for a good 14-15 seconds (after coming to a halt). The crowd took the lady's side and seeing a polite and decent guy (yes, me [lol]), decided to let the lady literally exploit my sincerety. She straight away demanded 5k for getting her scooty repaired. I had to give it to avoid any scene. I was telling the crowd that I had been standing for a good 15 seconds but no one was ready to believe. The lady knew she was at fault and DIDN'T make any eye contact with me. Still, the crowd saw her as a victim of my bad driving and I had to give in. Calling the police wouldn't have been a good option as there was no proof that I had NOT braked suddenly. The police in Faridabad is also so-so, they would have themselves demanded money for their own chai-paani. [frustration]

Only god can help India's traffic sense.

Regards,
Nikunj

Most of all, when we went to talk to her, she didn't even invited us inside her home and all she did was, answering us through window!
Sir, I am sure neither did you want to get in the house. [:)]
The girl doesn't show etiquettes and it is her problem. She is spoiling her image. She didn't deal with you politely and you can't do anything in this. You can just ignore and move on! And the fact that she is going in the hospitality line is really bad for the poor patients. Maybe she'll throw medicines at their face owing to her attitude and ego.

"People will surely talk behind your back. It is their damn work!". Sorry but it was the best I could translate. Hope you understood it.[lol]

For me a Car is a car. I am not attached to it. But since it was pretty new I get upset! Guess you can relate to that!
Totally.

MODS- Please merge this post with the above post. Somehow I skipped reading this message earlier.

Regards,
Nikunj

Thread Starter #22
Sir, I am sure neither did you want to get in the house. [:)]
The girl doesn't show etiquettes and it is her problem. She is spoiling her image. She didn't deal with you politely and you can't do anything in this. You can just ignore and move on! And the fact that she is going in the hospitality line is really bad for the poor patients. Maybe she'll throw medicines at their face owing to her attitude and ego.
It's not that I wanted to have dinner at her house, but isn't that a basic etiquette to invite guests inside and talk to them? I really feel people these days have lost respect to other human being, and this has proved once again for me. And I pity the poor patients who get to visit her!

"People will surely talk behind your back. It is their damn work!". Sorry but it was the best I could translate. Hope you understood it.[lol]
I have got it before, but I wanted to confirm it. Hindi is not my forte, but I understand bits and pieces! [:D]

Whatever happened is past. Invite the girl for a lunch/dinner to your family. [angel] Tell her in a nice tone how you take care of your cars [drive]. Help her to do the same... Let me tell you, you will be a hero in your flat and the official motor consultant of your apartment.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Invite the girl for a lunch/dinner to your family. Tell her in a nice tone how you take care of your cars [drive]. Help her to do the same...
Unnecessary Expense. Without spending on dinner/lunch this can be told when both of them meet during some gathering etc. Your advice may surely sound good to FD in good faith, but for sure, FD's wife shall stop providing him lunch and dinner after that.[lol]

Let me tell you, you will be a hero in your flat and the official motor consultant of your apartment.
I believe what he has done itself makes him an upright man. I am sure, his advises would be too straight forward for many of them to understand.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
@ furious driver what you did was absolutely right. She has learned a lesson , she will be more careful in future i hope. Why you will pay your hard earned money for other's mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #26
Whatever happened is past. Invite the girl for a lunch/dinner to your family. Tell her in a nice tone how you take care of your cars. Help her to do the same... Let me tell you, you will be a hero in your flat and the official motor consultant of your apartment.
The chance of this happen is close to zero. She hardly open her door when we went to talk to her about this. I don't want to bark at wrong tree, if you understand what I am saying.

Unnecessary Expense. Without spending on dinner/lunch this can be told when both of them meet during some gathering etc. Your advice may surely sound good to FD in good faith, but for sure, FD's wife shall stop providing him lunch and dinner after that.[lol]

I believe what he has done itself makes him an upright man. I am sure, his advises would be too straight forward for many of them to understand.

Regards

Akash
You got me dude! Guess you are also married guy. [lol] My actions brought some changes in parking space and now, I can park my car much easier than before.

@ furious driver what you did was absolutely right. She has learned a lesson , she will be more careful in future i hope. Why you will pay your hard earned money for other's mistakes.
Exactly. Even today, my wife brought this up and said I am too stubborn. As usual, I nod my head, smile and continue what I did!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #28
I am happily unmarried as of now. My parents and my fiancee (who's a music student) are hell bent to ruin my happiness by this year end by tying the chains of responsibilities[cry].

Regards

Akash
[lol] It tend to happen eventually and we have no say in this, at least in India. [:D]

Just kidding, congratulations and be prepared for the battle!

NOTE: This is my post no. four thousand four hundred and forty four, hence its long and strong; read at your own risk. Feel free to praise I accept it delightfully!

Actually, the problem was that I had left a huge distance (a good 2/3 cars could be occupied) in front of me since there was very less traffic, that day. The auto-wallahs and other bikers stopped to help the lady and she blamed it on me, that I had braked in the middle of nowhere and she couldn't apply the brake. In reality, I had braked earlier and was waiting for the light to turn green for a good 14-15 seconds (after coming to a halt). The crowd took the lady's side and seeing a polite and decent guy (yes, me ), decided to let the lady literally exploit my sincerety. She straight away demanded 5k for getting her scooty repaired. I had to give it to avoid any scene. I was telling the crowd that I had been standing for a good 15 seconds but no one was ready to believe. The lady knew she was at fault and DIDN'T make any eye contact with me. Still, the crowd saw her as a victim of my bad driving and I had to give in. Calling the police wouldn't have been a good option as there was no proof that I had NOT braked suddenly. The police in Faridabad is also so-so, they would have themselves demanded money for their own chai-paani.

Only god can help India's traffic sense.

Regards,
Nikunj
Saarji, next time when you face such an incident, politely ask the lady/person whoever banged your car from back to remove his/her vehicle to left side of the road and free the traffic (this reduces the crowd). Once both the vehicles are on the left side, get in your car; start the engine and A/C and sit comfortably inside asking them to call for the police.
First of all, no one wants to call the police (be it a man or woman) and secondly even if they call, then in the presence of police both the parties have to either reach a fair compromise or end up paying something.

In case an FIR is filed, no issue; because the vehicle hitting from back is always at fault, no matter if you braked hard or what. Why so? Because as per some idiotic act in our road traffic rules, there is a leaflet saying that one needs to maintain a safe distance of at least 30 feet while following the vehicle moving in front.

Whenever I face such situations, I am always more than happy to visit the police station or deal with cops instead of dealing with every tom, dick (I mean it) and harry moving on the road. It's my vehicle, my money and our (both the concerned parties) decision; who is the public?

Some time back I and my friend were going in his City on an empty road, we were speeding around 80-90 kph since it was early morning and road was a bit empty. Then we encountered this scooty carrying two girls in school uniform coming on the wrong side at a turn around exactly in front of us and the ignorant girl was busy driving her own way, there was no possible way to avoid the collision and it wasn't avoided even after swerving really hard. What happened? The school girls were soon flying and we were sweating. I shouted at my friend "Bhaga bhaga (run run)" but the idiot wasn't in senses and stalled the car. People doing morning walk gathered and started shouting every kind of **** when I shouted "please help us take them to hospital". People cooled down and assisted us take them to hospital. Now what? Haha, call the cops and talk "No DL, no helmet, wrong side; we will file a cross FIR". Within 3 days the case solved and all we had to pay was for a couple of X Ray reports, some suvidha sulk (Facility charges) to cops and denting on our car, rest all was taken care by cops. The total amount was hardly 5k, instead if we would have opted for some personal level settlement then we would have had to pay for at least scooty repair, hospital etc etc and some more they would have charged us for no reason.

Saarji you can't expect this type of people to behave properly. What do you expect from someone who says "Sorry toh bol diya na (I have asked sorry, what else is needed)"? Whenever I come across such people (they are quite common these days who just think that they are the kings/queens and they are favoring others by apologizing) I always ask them if they have done me some favor? Heck, these people are worth a slap with a sorry because our sorry is also as much worth as theirs is.

It's not that I wanted to have dinner at her house, but isn't that a basic etiquette to invite guests inside and talk to them? I really feel people these days have lost respect to other human being, and this has proved once again for me. And I pity the poor patients who get to visit her!
That's where you went wrong. Having dinner, tea, coffee, watching movies etc is a symbol of good neighbors. BTW after paying 2500 bucks, you think she is gonna praise you by any ways? [lol]

Whatever happened is past. Invite the girl for a lunch/dinner to your family. Tell her in a nice tone how you take care of your cars. Help her to do the same... Let me tell you, you will be a hero in your flat and the official motor consultant of your apartment.
Unkeel == Uncle, please accept my bow for this piece of advise. This way our FD would have been the hero of a flopped movie!
By inviting the girl on lunch or dinner, it would have been an action of adding petrol in fire. And yes, I can imagine what would have happened if our Furious driver would have blasted on dining table with utensils flying==felling around [evil]

Unnecessary Expense. Without spending on dinner/lunch this can be told when both of them meet during some gathering etc. Your advice may surely sound good to FD in good faith, but for sure, FD's wife shall stop providing him lunch and dinner after that.
Another side of coin:
When FD would have approached the girl to advise her, the neighbors (I mean mahila morcha == group of ladies) would have commented like "Hey look, is that the hubby of Mrs. Furious approaching the girl whom he took 2500 bucks from, sheena, meena, reena, tinni, minni, all come and see the live telecast of the very rare show and get some new food to cook for a week".
After that FD's home minister==wife wouldn't have had just stopped providing him food but also would have banned his entry in the home ministered by her. And when FD would have asked where to go then the answer would have been simple "to the one you was talking"! [lol]

@Akash:
Congrats in advance, my salute to one more spartan going into the battlefield. Start sharpening your sword and hardening your shield, you will need to cut and face a lot of illogical logic and arguments after a couple of months.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Unkeel == Uncle, please accept my bow for this piece of advise.
Vipul why do I get a feeling you are talking like Bauaa (RJ Raunak)[lol]!!

When FD would have approached the girl to advise her, the neighbors (I mean mahila morcha == group of ladies) would have commented like "Hey look, is that the hubby of Mrs. Furious approaching the girl whom he took 2500 bucks from,
The ladies would have called him Mr. Fast and Furious[lol]. Fast for the fact that, change of heart took place!!

@Akash:
Congrats in advance, my salute to one more spartan going into the battlefield.
An unavoidable, everlasting Battle.

Start sharpening your sword and hardening your shield,
HOLD!!!!!; This is a family forum.

you will need to cut and face a lot of illogical logic and arguments after a couple of months.
I am immune to it now, have been facing since the time we met. Jab we met, it was all happy go lucky, later it became: My Fiancee is happy but I felt unlucky!!

PS: Now its too off-topic, lets end it here friends.

Regards

Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom