Parking in IBM Bangalore

Thread Starter #1
Blore TAIans

I heard, some of the companies in Bangalore charge their employees for parking their vehicles at company parking. One of those I am sure of is ANZ charges Rs. 500 PM for 2W & Rs. 2000 PM for 4W. Though it’s unacceptable, we have no choice I guess.

Any idea about IBM on this matter? Do they charge any? Please share your views.

Blore TAIans

I heard, some of the companies in Bangalore charge their employees for parking their vehicles at company parking. One of those I am sure of is ANZ charges Rs. 500 PM for 2W & Rs. 2000 PM for 4W. Though it’s unacceptable, we have no choice I guess.

Any idea about IBM on this matter? Do they charge any? Please share your views.
Hmm. What is the catch ?[;)]

Have you got an offer from IBM or what [thinking], otherwise why would a person sitting at Pune be bothered whether companies in Bangalore charging employees or not.

Well to ask me. I do not see any harm in it either.

Thread Starter #4
Saab. Not an answer or even comment, but speculations. How bad. [anger]

Come on... Can't it be on a Public Interest?[clap] It's unacceptable that the employees are being charged for the parking lots. (Woow... How altruistic am I?)

Anyways, wish your speculation come true a day.[thumbsup]

Saab. Not an answer or even comment, but speculations. How bad.

Come on... Can't it be on a Public Interest? It's unacceptable that the employees are being charged for the parking lots. (Woow... How altruistic am I?)

Anyways, wish your speculation come true a day.
Nah !! It cannot be in public interest. I will tell you how.

See you started of the thread asking for company in Bangalore charging employees for parking in their premises - That too a specific company IBM. Although you mentioned that your heard but not sure.

Generally people would start a thread on public interest only if they are sure or personally experienced / encountered them. Please correct me if I am wrong. You have not mentioned any source either to support your doubt.

I am 100% sure that there is something fishy about this public interest idea and you are hiding the real news. [lol]

Come on tell me (whisper [sleep]), I will not tell it anyone

BUT TO EVERYONE. :stupid:

Just joking. Yes, you have every right to clear your doubts. But...hmmm !

The place I work for in Bagmane Teck Park, parking is free.

And they have provided some separate slots for electric cars and two wheelers with power outlets for charging. One way of encouraging us to go electric.

Thread Starter #7
I am 100% sure that there is something fishy about this public interest idea and you are hiding the real news.

Come on tell me (whisper ), I will not tell it anyone

BUT TO EVERYONE.

Hmmm... Someone in Delhi, concerned more about a poor guy in Pune, whether he will move to Bangalore or not... Kya bhaat hai![;)]

Jokes apart, this is for a friend of mine. He is in ANZ and might move to IBM soon. As he was using office cab, parking charges wasn't an issue so far. But it's time to check it now.

Any IBMer around in our Forum?

I think this step has been taken by the company to reduce the number of cars/bikes those used to flood the parking and then everyone is left in a mess.
Our college too started charging students rs 20 per day for two wheelers and 50 per day for 4 wheelers,result:Now most of those students take bus to college.

Hmmm... Someone in Delhi, concerned more about a poor guy in Pune, whether he will move to Bangalore or not... Kya bhaat hai!

Jokes apart, this is for a friend of mine. He is in ANZ and might move to IBM soon. As he was using office cab, parking charges wasn't an issue so far. But it's time to check it now.

Any IBMer around in our Forum?
See now you are telling the true story. [cheers]
You drive a Figo and I an Estilo. Who is poor guy now [evil].

Personally speaking and taking the practice Vipul has quoted above is true. Company is paying a person for the work and not to ensure that he should get a parking space at their premises. However, many companies provides space for employees to park their vehicles free of cost. Bangalore and that too few companies can be an exception here or anywhere.

Ask you friend to negotiate hard and either get parking space as a perk or charges to be added in the salary. Either ways, he will not be feeling the pinch.

Food for thought :agree:yes it is.

AMG

Suspended
why dont you call up the reception and ask?
File an RTI

also, i feel it is somewhat strange for your friend to ask you, when you are not even in the city.

Ha ha, 2000 rs for parking !! May be this is due to employees leaving their cars for long durations. [frustration]
I have seen many cars laying in our company from almost 3-4 months (cars+bikes)

Thank God, they have not started this in my company (Wipro). [:D]

I have seen people who don't have parking at home paying 2k for parking outside.
So its fine to pay & park in your company - shelter, security ! then what else [;)]

Thread Starter #12
Agreed. Moreover, considering the crunch in Bangalore, such situations are highly possible.

However, Parking is one other basic necessity (like Cafeteria etc.) to be provided to an employee. I do strongly beleive in providing basic requirements to an employee despite being a HR Professional[;)].

The organisations should look for alternatives for sure.

At the end of day it all depends on space crunch at a particular place and mind set of a Company. Infy charges some 15Rs per day or something for cars. In the present company, am not paying any charge at UB City parking. Btw! for public, car parking is @ 30 Rs per hour or so [;)]

Nah !! It cannot be in public interest. I will tell you how.

See you started of the thread asking for company in Bangalore charging employees for parking in their premises - That too a specific company IBM. Although you mentioned that your heard but not sure.

Generally people would start a thread on public interest only if they are sure or personally experienced / encountered them. Please correct me if I am wrong. You have not mentioned any source either to support your doubt.

I am 100% sure that there is something fishy about this public interest idea and you are hiding the real news. [lol]

Come on tell me (whisper [sleep]), I will not tell it anyone

BUT TO EVERYONE.

I can point out a violation 3 smilies in a single post...[;)]

In your post its allowing 3 smilies, but the same being conveyed from my end it's giving a warning.

In this thread i can see maximum smilies in a single thread , when maximum limit is 2, its allowing 3..

Strange!!!

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
In your post its allowing 3 smilies, but the same being conveyed from my end it's giving a warning.
Maximum three smilies are acceptable. Anything more will be restricted by default from our system (Smiley in Quote included). Please drop a PM or post in relevant thread if you wish to discuss further about this rather than we move off topic further. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom