Painting Plastics - Bonnet Cowl

dude is it possible to paint teh rubber on the roof? because my main problem is that rubber which has faded in color and has white spots.

Awesome DIY... I like that and seems perfect finish. can you please suggest how much the spray costs and also whether the primer is also a spray can & its cost?

Thread Starter #22

zengetz

Suspended
ilango[speed thirst];109021 said:
Good diy

Hope the paint remains for long time.

kudos for great DIY buddy! but i also agree with ilango..will this paint remain for long time?

Great work bro.I liked the paint quality.But painting a plastic part can be tricky.

Cheers[cheers]
Thanks and I am hoping the paint will last for quite some time. Its a tricky situation but hey ! I was about to replace it and no harm in trying it out. I am quite amazed by my skills [lol].

Congratulations and the outcome is awesome. These black plastic parts fade much earlier and spoil the overall looks if not kept polished. I am sure people will benefit with this small yet effective DIY. Great job. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z
Good job zengetz.

Congrats[clap]
great DIY. The paint has come out nicely. Nice job done there.
Excellent DIY , nice idea to paint again.
Thanks Guys [cheers]!!

dude is it possible to paint teh rubber on the roof? because my main problem is that rubber which has faded in color and has white spots.
I have never tried it but Ilango has replied to this and in my opinion painting the rubber might make it stiff and paint may start cracink up soon.

Really nice pics. i m appreciated but i have no more information about this.
Awesome DIY... I like that and seems perfect finish. can you please suggest how much the spray costs and also whether the primer is also a spray can & its cost?
wow dude! congrats. have you gotta after before pics for comparing??

Unfortunately I did not click the before pics :(
But, I have other plastic bits on the car that had teh similar look. I will take a snap in some time and put it up.

The Can of spray paint costed my Rs270 and the Primer Spray can was for Rs190. I picked it up from Home Town here in Hyderabad.

Results looks great! Kudos for Diyers.
Cheers

caution: (from one of the pic above) never use sprays and such chemicals inside home they contain too hazardous contents which evaporate quickly and get mixed with Air you inhale.

Top Bottom