Paint Shops in Trivandrum

Thread Starter #1

deville_56

Honoured Member
For guys looking for painting solutions in Trivandrum. Will list as separate posts with reviews.

Ajith

This is the guy I met with accidentally as referral from a friend. He is cheap, but outcome is factory perfect. Only drawback, runs in an open yard, no professional paint booth. He does stripped down, ground up painting and restoration of oldies.

Experiences:
1. I painted Beat all panels except hood and roof for mere 9k, including fixing torn bumper. Chevy charges 3-4k per panel and replace the bumper, 15-20k in my estimate. Plus got full polishing and interior cleaning for free.

2. Did i20 for 8k, fixing a torn bumper, mending an almost impossible to repair rear door, and a slightly deformed rear bumper. Hyundai dealer wound have changed door and both bumper and again charged 3-4k per panel, 15-20k estimate. Could have claimed for door at dealer. Again free polishing and full wash.

3. Polo was painted at 5k, 2 bumpers, rear quarter panel, bonnet, straightening 2 running boards, free polishing.

4. Baleno, repairing badly damaged rear quarter panel and rear bumper, 3k.

When I started going there, it was a small time setup with guys looking for cheap painting, mostly retest jobs and worthless to invest much cars like old 800s and jeeps. Yesterday, there were lot of brand new cars, even elite i20, brand new honda city, both referred by dealers themselves. Some rare stuff like SS80, Dophin, Contessa and Morris minor were being worked ground up. One of the biggest custom paint guys, does base coat from the same guy.

Pros: Good job, cheap rates, delivery in promised time, fixes torn and severely damaged panels, recommends replacement only if absolutely necessary. Free polishing and sometimes interior cleaning. Spot estimate.
Cons: No paint booth, open air painting. No insurance claims.

Contact>>>096339 71933
How to reach>>Ajith Automobiles

There is one shop near Melaranoor ,near to Rajiv Gandhi Centre for biotechnology.
Labour charges- Moderate
Cons- Paint mostly if it is rare colours like one limited to models- Elite i 20 has pristine blue like that,then paint must be brought and given to them.
My friend had given his verna there,luckily the same day 3 other cars of hyundai haaving same white shade was there,so they bought paint in bulk hence paint cost was shared by three.

Spray painting works are neat.
I would give them 9/10.

Another issue is that vehicle park lot is not there.

Thread Starter #3

deville_56

Honoured Member
There is one shop near Melaranoor ,near to Rajiv Gandhi Centre for biotechnology.
Labour charges- Moderate
Cons- Paint mostly if it is rare colours like one limited to models- Elite i 20 has pristine blue like that,then paint must be brought and given to them.
My friend had given his verna there,luckily the same day 3 other cars of hyundai haaving same white shade was there,so they bought paint in bulk hence paint cost was shared by three.

I would give them 9/10.

The guy in corner right, just after the Bike mechanic??

Labour charges- Moderate

I would give them 9/10.

The guy in corner right, just after the Bike mechanic??
I've done some paint job for my amaze from there and it was pretty neat.

There is a guy named MUKUNDAN. His paint work-shop is after the KIMS hospital in the road towards Kumarapuram. His work is excellent.

Hilton Hyundai service centre is now open for detailing works and painting works for "All cars "
I did my swift's rear bumper dent fixing there ,and work was neat ,and rate was also moderate.
Vehicle stood there for 2 days ,and the kilometres covered inside the bay was just 1.5km too(Thereby proving that the ride wasn't used for buying paint and other components).

Thread Starter #9

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hilton Hyundai service centre is now open for detailing works and painting works for "All cars "
I did my swift's rear bumper dent fixing there ,and work was neat ,and rate was also moderate.
Vehicle stood there for 2 days ,and the kilometres covered inside the bay was just 1.5km too(Thereby proving that the ride wasn't used for buying paint and other components).
Hilton lost its Hyundai dealership, so is open to painting and detailing and may be repair all brand cars. They do painting and detailing under name Auto Glaze.

Last edited:
For guys looking for painting solutions in Trivandrum. Will list as separate posts with reviews.

Ajith

This is the guy I met with accidentally as referral from a friend. He is cheap, but outcome is factory perfect. Only drawback, runs in an open yard, no professional paint booth. He does stripped down, ground up painting and restoration of oldies.

Experiences:
1. I painted Beat all panels except hood and roof for mere 9k, including fixing torn bumper. Chevy charges 3-4k per panel and replace the bumper, 15-20k in my estimate. Plus got full polishing and interior cleaning for free.

2. Did i20 for 8k, fixing a torn bumper, mending an almost impossible to repair rear door, and a slightly deformed rear bumper. Hyundai dealer wound have changed door and both bumper and again charged 3-4k per panel, 15-20k estimate. Could have claimed for door at dealer. Again free polishing and full wash.

3. Polo was painted at 5k, 2 bumpers, rear quarter panel, bonnet, straightening 2 running boards, free polishing.

4. Baleno, repairing badly damaged rear quarter panel and rear bumper, 3k.

When I started going there, it was a small time setup with guys looking for cheap painting, mostly retest jobs and worthless to invest much cars like old 800s and jeeps. Yesterday, there were lot of brand new cars, even elite i20, brand new honda city, both referred by dealers themselves. Some rare stuff like SS80, Dophin, Contessa and Morris minor were being worked ground up. One of the biggest custom paint guys, does base coat from the same guy.

Pros: Good job, cheap rates, delivery in promised time, fixes torn and severely damaged panels, recommends replacement only if absolutely necessary. Free polishing and sometimes interior cleaning. Spot estimate.
Cons: No paint booth, open air painting. No insurance claims.

Contact>>>096339 71933
How to reach>>Ajith Automobiles
Had my EON car bumper repainted . Nice humble guy , work is good and moderately cheap also, he actually has 2 painting outlets at Trivandrum.

Last edited:
Hello friends,
Heard that the saj motors near technopark is good at paint and other body works. can someone please share their experience ?

Thread Starter #14

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hello friends,
Heard that the saj motors near technopark is good at paint and other body works. can someone please share their experience ?
Don't have personal experience, but used to see their work while getting cars repaired there. They were actually good. Dent pulling and leveling were accurate and color matching was perfect. Never go to the nearby Bosch aka Autopark or something like that.

Thanks. My car's front bumper has detached a bit on one side. Thinking to fix it without screwing. Because once screwed then we have to completely break the bumper if some fog lampwork comes up.

Top Bottom