P3T3R's Crystal White i10 Kappa2 Sportz

Thread Starter #91
Looking great bro , congrats! Do you feel any improvement in visibility? Got any chance to test it in rains , heard people saying during rains HID'S are not effective.
Thanks. Didn't really get a chance to check out the lights. The spread looks good in my parking lot. I'm going out shortly so I'll get a better idea. Hopefully it will rain too. I need to change the parking bulbs to white.

Yes please do keep us updated. I think white LED can be used for parking bulb.

Now any plan to change fog lamp bulb? Yellow light with HID is going to look odd!

Yes yes they are supposed to be yellow only but yellow fog with white HID is not going to look good. For show-purpose i see people getting HID for fogs too.

ya.the same problem is coming with me.i have installed hid kit in headlamps and white led's in parking lamps.now the problem is that fog lamps looks dull and i want to install hid kit in fog lamps too.[thumbsup]

vikram

Suspended
@ P3T3R : ur projector set-up looks amazing. Are they Bi-xenon, Bolt-one types? Plug and play simple ones or complicated installation ? Did u have to cut/tamper/damage ur OEM reflector set-up? I am wanting to install bolt-on types in my Verna (new Fluidic) but am not being able to find simple,bolt-on,plug and play types which can be installed without damaging the OEM reflector setting. P.S.Don't want to "Hurt" my new Car :)
any idea how i can do so??

Thread Starter #100
@ P3T3R : ur projector set-up looks amazing. Are they Bi-xenon, Bolt-one types? Plug and play simple ones or complicated installation ? Did u have to cut/tamper/damage ur OEM reflector set-up? I am wanting to install bolt-on types in my Verna (new Fluidic) but am not being able to find simple,bolt-on,plug and play types which can be installed without damaging the OEM reflector setting. P.S.Don't want to "Hurt" my new Car :)
any idea how i can do so??
Thanks. They are not exactly bolt on. You have to open the lens with a hot air blower, install the projectors in place of the bulbs and re-seal it. The rest of the wiring is plug and play.

350Z

Core Team
Finally installed the HID projectors.
Congratulations Peter. Projectors are looking stunning on the fluidic lamps of i10. You should consider replacing the yellow bulb of parking lamp instead of fog lamps.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #102
Just completed 10000 Kms a few days ago. Also completed the 3rd service. Bill was Rs.2078/- including wheel alignment and balancing. Didn't get time to go to the service centre, so the dealers driver picked up the car and returned on completion. Car is running fine. No major issues. Meanwhile a small issue has cropped up with the projectors. The left projector angle eye (the ring around the projector) has stopped working. Need to sort it out.

Hello Pete,
Retrofitted ABS for I10! Is that possible? Where did you do that? How much that costs? Any problems after the installation in braking? I came to know that retrofitted ABS not advisable. I10 really a VFM.
I am getting pain in underfoot because of high mounted pedals, any issues regarding this? Can we alter the height of the pedals? Is that advisable?

Thread Starter #104
Hello Pete,
Retrofitted ABS for I10! Is that possible? Where did you do that? How much that costs? Any problems after the installation in braking? I came to know that retrofitted ABS not advisable. I10 really a VFM.
I am getting pain in underfoot because of high mounted pedals, any issues regarding this? Can we alter the height of the pedals? Is that advisable?
No. That was just a joke. I just retrofitted the badge.

Thread Starter #105
Update:
The car is still running fine. No major issues. Only it's become a bit expensive to run with the milege hovering around 13Kmpl. I've already done 16500 Kms.
Now my wife and me were thinking of selling the car and going in for a Diesel hatch. Now being just 1.5 years old, we are going to loose a lot of money. But I was thinking, what if I look out for a 1-2 year old diesel done around 18-25K Kms. That way the seller will also loose a similar amount and it will sort of cancel my loss. That means if I loose about a lakh on my car and I get a car for around a lakh cheaper than it's original OTR, I would just end up paying the difference between the original OTR's of the 2 cars.

Top Bottom