P220 Stolen!

Thread Starter #1
Today morning my dad got a call form his friend that his son's Blue P220F has stolen from Dahisar. The whole atmosphere was tensed because how come the bike got lost without the keys, since P180UG4 and P220F has different type of keys. I am too bit tensed now.

Actually he and his dad went to some mall in Dahisar to exchange a mobile phone. Both he and his dad met at Dahisar outside the mall on their respectives rides. They parked the rides (Honda Eterno and P220) side by side and after returning, P220was gone.[shock]

The ride was around 13-14months old. My Red P180 and his BlueP220F was purchased at almost the same time.(hardly one week's diff)

Nways the lost has hapened and nothing can be done now.[cry]
Feels very bad, so thought to share the incident with you all.
I request you all to take care of your rides.

Thanks,
Amandeep
aka
Gears1313

OMG!!!
No wait, *sigh* When I first read the thread title, I thought, god forbid, your Pulsar was the victim! Really Glad to know that it wasn't, but I feel very sad for your friend.
A mall, eh? They should have parked their bikes in the mall parking instead. Anyway, I hope he gets it back. Have they filed an FIR yet? They can claim insurance if they do, I guess.

Feel sorry for ur frnd. P220 is a brilliant machine. Did he lock the handle?
Keys dont matter here. He must be professional thief & the bike CAN be started by shorting the ignition wiring easily. Only the handle lock must be a problem[cry]

Sad to hear this amandeep.

i have always wondered how easy it would be to steal bikes since these days thieves can even get away with cars having the most advanced security system.

That is so sad of him.. i know how it will feel as i have lost my first bike , discover.

Even if the police find the bike and give them to you after some months or year it will be in a bad shape.

they found my discover after some 2 year.

This is worse.

Feeling very bad for your friend.

He should have closely watched your activites & then tried this.

It doesn't seem to be a first attempt!

@gears1313:
By reading the title i thought it was your bike.
Glad to know that your's is safe.
Really feeling sad for your friend.
A similar thing happened with my neighbour 3 years back.
He used to keep the vehicle parked without locking the handle.
One fine day some had noticed it and had stolen it.
Later when he was about to receive the money from insurance company, He got his bike which was being used in TN, by changing it's headlamp.
Now he is riding the same bike with more kms on ODO after 8 Months he got his stolen bike from Tamil Nadu.

That's really sad. Bikes are too hard to find ones stolen. Doesn't he have a insurance ? What are the mall parking walas saying ?

350Z

Core Team
Shucks, Yet another case of auto-theft. Very lucky they are who get their vehicle back after theft, not everyone is so fortunate. Sorry to learn about the Bike theft of your dad’s friend, gears1313. Hope they have already filed an FIR, and didn’t they park the rides in authorized parking area? If not, a little negligence is from their end too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Thanks for relpying guys. Now I am scared to park my bike at unknown places, but howerer I have a good habit of locking the handle even.

Now regardig the updates: Frankly speaking, we did not called them after that. They might be in their oun tensions.

About the insurance detail: THERE WAS NO INSURANCE[frustration] The policy was not renewed which has to be done in 12months. Silly and careless people.

About the handle lock: I am dam sure that the handle was NOT locked because many times I went to their house, the bike use to be parked in main stand with handle straight in the parking. This proves that the guy did not had the habbit of locking the handle.

About the police complaint: Dont know as of now, but the police walla told to wait for 24hrs to file a complaint.

Any hopes of getting the bike back: NO HOPE of getting the bike back, because it was on highway, the thief must have taken the bike outside Mumbai towards DAMAN or VASAI. I would have not gone to the City.

I think the bike was not parked in the mall parking lot!

Sorry to hear about the incident buddy!

But several mistakes on your friend's part! He should have locked the handle bar and should have renewed the insurance and should have parked in the mall parking. The mall parking is not responsible to any thefts either but atleast the bike is a bit safer inside. Your friend now has lost his bike in trying to save a few bucks![cry]

@Gears1313:Atleast i would recommend you a tube type(with metal inside) lock used by cycle.
So that no one can move the vehicle from the spot.
A locked vehicle takes more effort to break the lock by a thief.
I think your friend might have not locked the handle in urgent.

Hey Mukesh C mon buddy how much time does it take to lock the handle. Due to his negligence he lost his beloved bike now!

Top Bottom