Owning a New Sedan After Learning the Driving

Recently completed my long drive from Bangalore to Ooty. I used the famous 36 hair pin bend road for uphill and used the Pykara for the downhill drive in my sedan.

Initially decided to not to take the 36 hairpin bend road, but later did the journey easily.

Nice to hear this and more nice to see your post in TAI after long time. Where were you?

The last 2 days, I have to drive in heavy bumper to bumper traffic for almost 40 KMS on total travel length of 60KMs in Hyderabad and Secunderabad. I could not go above 3rd gear. Hardly used 4th gear.

I have never seen worst culture in roads by every one. I have seen almost 6 States and no of cities. Now 8 months were passed for me in hyderabad, still I'm trying to guess their road usage culture. No offense to any one.

Finally I learned to drive with one hand, using the other hand for changing the gears. Thanks Hyderabad and Secunderabad.

View attachment 143261

1. I have given enough gap between the vehicle, auto driver wanted to go in the gap in signal, suddenly signal turned GREEN I just started moving, finally auto driver scrapped.

2. Next day I don't want to give a gap, but still a motorist scratched. I don't know how to drive in this city. [frustration]

I just started observing the left side of the car. Most of the car is having scratch in left side. I 'm clueless what is happening here?:mad:
Don't dude. When my dad bought our civic he had a driving experience of 20 years with hatch backs. Still after 6 years the car is all scratched up with dents. The thing with sedan is that it's not a car for heavy traffic conditions and narrow roads and judgement only comes after a lot of damage. Keep driving that's the only way of getting better :)

I also learnt driving recently but need to learn again as I'm not confident with my driving yet.Already drove our City Diesel for few meters and got scared as I gave few jerks while driving her whereas I felt easier to drive our Innova than City.Drove Innova for 3 times but 3rd time when I was driving,I couldn't control myself and hit a guy but luckily escaped from that place.

What should I do now?Shall I go to driving school once and learn again as I didn't learn how to reverse the car yet.

I also learnt driving recently but need to learn again as I'm not confident with my driving yet.Already drove our City Diesel for few meters and got scared as I gave few jerks while driving her whereas I felt easier to drive our Innova than City.Drove Innova for 3 times but 3rd time when I was driving,I couldn't control myself and hit a guy but luckily escaped from that place.

What should I do now?Shall I go to driving school once and learn again as I didn't learn how to reverse the car yet.
Choose the vehicle you need to try. Choose the road which is free of traffic and people. Choose the time, may be late night or early mornings.
Do take someone along with you who knows driving. First try to get judgement of your vehicle and its functionality. You will definitely get used to it within a day or two. Keep out the fear otherwise you won't learn.

Reversing can be tried in empty stretches with some one along with you. But reversing would not be same everywhere, you keep learning it as per the situations and surroundings.

Top Bottom