Ownership Review: Pre-Owned 2006 Honda Civic

Thread Starter #16
Well a quick update on my Civic.

Update:
I have almost completed 2000 miles (3200 Kms) in just 2 weeks thanks to my Durham, NC trip which i did twice in 2 weeks. Car is running fine except a humming noise from my right hand side, front tire. And the noise started coming right after i got a tire rotation and a wheel balancing job.
Will get it checked over the weekend.

Upgrades:
Since i have the base model, the speakers are not that good. So changing my rear speakers to Alpine. I have already bought the speakers just have to get them installed. Again waiting for the weekend.

Here's the pic.

Attachments

Thread Starter #17
So here is a quick update on my civic. So far i have clocked 110 168 miles on it that means almost 2650 miles (3950 Kms) since i bought it.

Went for my first service last week. Though the dealer changed the oil and told me that he has done the servicing before i took the delivery. And usually once you get a service done you are good for 3000 miles or 3 months. But i wanted to get a service on my own because you never know he might have just changed the oil and that's it.

So i went to Goodyear for my first service. Didn't go to Honda as it as 6 years old car and their charges quite higher. And also had to leave my car overnight.

Problems Reported: Humming noise from the right front tire.

Things done in Service:
Oil Change
Oil Filter replaced

And it also included the 30 Point Inspection in which they check/fill, Inspect and clean

Check/Fill

Tire pressure
and multiple vital fluids:
Transmission/transaxle fluid
Differential fluid
Transfer case fluid
Power steering fluid
Windshield washer fluid
Battery water (excluding sealed batteries)

Inspect Key Components

Brake fluid level (in transparent reservoirs)
Serpentine belts
Wiper blades
Antifreeze/coolant reservoir levels
Engine air filtration system
Exterior lights
Chassis (lubricate when applicable)
Tire Condition
Steering and Suspension components
front and rear brake
Rack & pinion, pump, hoses and fluid
Front/Rear Struts and shocks

Clean
Clean exterior windows
Vacuum interior floors

Total Cost: $54.

So everything was good except the tires because of which i was getting the humming noise and the reason was the tires were uneven and lost thread from the inside. And i was told to get 4 new tires.

So went back to the dealer from where i bought the car and he replaced my four tires with another set of used michelin tires which had more thread left then my current tires. I was okay with the used tires since i didn't wanted to get new tires as i will be selling the car within few months. And any ways these tires have more life then the current tires on my civic.

Still have to get those speakers installed in my civic. Couldn't get time as i have joined a new job. But finally booked an appointment for Monday at 5PM with Extreme Car Audio and will finally get them installed.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Guys last week i made a trip to my uncle's place which is around 200 miles trip one way (321 kms). And while going there i was driving around 75mph and out of no where a small stone or something came and hit my windshield. And the result was this[frustration]

IMG_0706.jpg

That's on the passenger side.

Your Civic look's great, you have mentioned that you will be selling the car in few month's then why do you want to add the speaker's? and which car will replace your current Civic?

Thread Starter #20
Your Civic look's great, you have mentioned that you will be selling the car in few month's then why do you want to add the speaker's? and which car will replace your current Civic?
Yes you right buddy, i will be selling the car in few months because i will be coming to India.

And regarding the speakers, my civic is the LX model which is the base model. So the stock speakers were really low quality and since i love music while driving. I thought of changing the rear speakers at least. If i was suppose to keep this car then i would have gone for a good system. But changing the just the rear speakers was just a middle way for me. So that i can enjoy my music without spending much

And buddy regarding my next car, i can't say anything right now. I have lot of options going in my mind, so i will start the search when i come back from India.

Thread Starter #22
late entry but congrats for the Civic. i love that steering wheel. i wanna import one and get it fitted to mine. haha
Thanks buddy and i also like the steering wheel because it gives you the feeling as if you ae driving a sports car[;)]

Thread Starter #23
It’s time for another update on my little civic. I recently got the service done for my civic and It has clocked 112858 miles so far. It’s been 3 months since I bought my civic and I have already clocked 5858 miles on it (9372 kms). And all these miles have been just wonderful, loving the v-tec engine and the way she loves to be revved and the stability at high speeds. Love to do cornering as well. It remains pretty stable around 144-150 km/ph.
I have made a couple of small trips and they were really untiring and smooth. So far she has not given me any troubles and I hope it keeps serving me in the same manner as long as I own it. Now talking about the FE it has been giving me a pretty good FE on the highway which is around 40-41 mpg which is around 17-18 kmpl (and that is when I drive it around 120-130 km/hr, depending on the speed limits).

Recently in the service they changed the engine oil, oil filter and the air filter. I told them to use the synthetic oil. Besides that everything was checked and topped up.

Posting some pics of the ODO

Attachments

Thread Starter #24
My cousin had a 2001 Honda Accord and it had 250K miles (on it 402KMS) and his car used to run great and hes sold it 4 months back and got the new Elantra.

One of my very good friend has Toyota SUV "4Runner" and that truck have almost 263K (423KMS) on ODO and it still runs great. Will try to get a picture of his truck's ODO.
Just adding one pic in reference to one of my earlier post. This is my friends Toyota 4-Runner with 267097 miles on it (427355 kms)[:)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #25
Here are some pics of my poor civic buried in snow[:)]. Took me 40 mins just to take out the car from that space and park it on a street right besides this one[frustration]

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

See the depth of snow and i guess it was easily around 15-18 inches.
IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Wow !! I was wondering how you would get inside the car.

But will the car start for the first crank ?

I guess even the wipers can't be used..

Thread Starter #27
Wow !! I was wondering how you would get inside the car.

But will the car start for the first crank ?

I guess even the wipers can't be used..
Actually buddy getting inside the car is not that tough job but the toughest part is to take out your car from that ocean of snow. And it gets worse when the snow starts turning into ice. Because then in that case even some light AWD and 4WD cars fail to get out.

And yes the car starts at the first crank.

Hello Mr Singhji. Although I am very late to be here. But congratulations for your car and the car looks as good as new one.

All the best for many 10000s miles with your beauty.

Thread Starter #30
Hello Mr Singhji. Although I am very late to be here. But congratulations for your car and the car looks as good as new one.

All the best for many 10000s miles with your beauty.
Thanks my friend and as they say "Good wishes are always welcome"[:)]

Top Bottom