Ownership Review Polo TDi Comfortline (Silver)

Thread Starter #1
The day finally arrived when I thought to myself, I’ve ridden a bike for more than 10 years and loved every moment and its time I upgraded to a car. Then the big questions poured in,

Diesel or petrol: The way the petrol prices were rising, I decided to go with the diesel option

Budget was set at around 7,00,000 on road

The options considered were

• Figo
• Swift
• I20
• Polo

Figo: I’m going to be very frank with you, HATED the looks from the moment I laid eyes on it. The plastic bits were cheap and overall build of the car was unimpressive, though the engine was surprisingly refined. The dealer bombarded me with all freebies but my mind was set, Figo was not the car for me.

Swift:
From the time I started looking for my car Swift was just a backup option. I am not denying the fact that it is an amazing car!! But just the fact that it had an 8 month waiting was a turn off.

I20: Amazing!! The powerful engine which sucks you deeps inside the seats as the turbo kicks in, umpteen features like automatic A/c, OVRM, electronic rear view control and Cooled dash box got me excited. As soon as the TD was done, almost went ahead and booked the car.

Polo: One Sunday morning (10th June) I thought I’d go check out the polo for the sake of it, as initially I thought it was a little overpriced. Forced myself and got ready within 20 minutes ended up at Volkswagen Mysore. The sales staffs was extremely polite and informative, with the showroom decked up in white it did add a touch of class. All this got me excited and finally took the TD. Need not say more!

2 hours later I found myself booking a SILVER POLO TDi, Comfortline. A tad above my budget, But I did not protest.​
[clap]

Expected date of delivery was 30th of June.

On 28th I got a call from the showroom confirming that my car had arrived and on receipt of the cash the car would be sent for registration and delivered to me on time.[:D]

Once again congratulations. So what was the on road price. And any freebies given by dealer. And at last pics please. Have a good and happy driving.

Thread Starter #3
Once again congratulations. So what was the on road price. And any freebies given by dealer. And at last pics please. Have a good and happy driving.
The car came upto 7,92,000 on road in Mysore, Karnataka. Unfortunately the only freebies that the dealer gave was

Floor Mats
Car Perfume
12 Ltrs of Diesel [frustration]

Did anyone get better?

Thread Starter #8
Sorry guys will put up pics soon.

Last few days have not been so kind on me both at work and from Volkswagen Mysore.

Initially when I went to book my polo from the Mysore dealer, i was told that other than a black polo which was readily available other colours would take atleast a month and a half. Since I was hellbent on getting Silver I agreed to wait. Two weeks into the waiting I recieved a call from the dealer stating Silver would take more than 2 months to be delivered, and also mentioned that if I wanted I could get a Red, White or a Grey. Hesitantly I agreed for a Grey. The wait continued, 3 days later he calls again and says they have dispatched a white from Chakan Plant 2 days back and said he was sorry but only White could be delivered on the promised date.

Being the fool I am I agreed as I got even more impatient.[frustration] Finally two days before the delivery he calls up and says he has got a Silver Polo Tdi, god knows from where that magically arrived. I was happy at that time, all procedures were done and got the car delivered.

Last evening when I Happened to check the windscreen number I got to know it was an Feb 2012 manufactured car. I took delivery on 30/06/2012, i.e the car is 4 months old. The showroom only opened in April. From where did this car come? I know it is my mistake I should have checked everything before delivery, but work has kept me so busy I hardly bothered keeping umteen trust on Volkswagen and their dealers.

I am disappointed, as the reply from the showroom was shocking!

Dealer: Sir, I had mentioned it to you. Now we are not responsible.

I am very sure he did not. Guys please help me out is there anything I can do? [confused]

Thread Starter #9
Another problem I am facing is my car has not been alloted a registration since saturday.!! I really am disappointed, a beautiful car and a brand being spoilt by ignorant and shabby dealers. [anger]

Another problem I am facing is my car has not been alloted a registration since saturday.!! I really am disappointed, a beautiful car and a brand being spoilt by ignorant and shabby dealers. [anger]
Have u got ur temp registration done that will be done by dealer it self after that u can do the permanent registration with in one month. Not a big problem these dealers are like that only that`s why we did it ourselves. You should be behind them till the job get done.

Last evening when I Happened to check the windscreen number I got to know it was an Feb 2012 manufactured car. I took delivery on 30/06/2012, i.e the car is 4 months old.
- In my opinion there is no need to worry. The car must have been at the stockyard for all this time.
- Did you check the ODO reading when you took the delivery of car?
- Ask your dealer about the stockyard where it might have been kept.

See, I got my car in November which was a June (6 damn months old) make and I haven't faced any problem till now apart from a feeble rattling noise from seats which is totally gone now. No issues at all now. In fact, I had a talk with my dealer on this process of getting months old manufactured cars. He said that its quite normal and its how car manufacturers operate.

In my case, it was a highline whose demand is less compared to TL or CL. And I suppose in your case, silver color's demand is also less. Hence, quite possibly a few models of silver were made and due to less demand they were lying at stockyards.

I suggest you to cool down, do not think much about it and enjoy the ride.

I got my Registration number after a month of delivery!! Temporary no. plate is just fine till you get the number.

Spend more time of yours on planning for accessories and enjoying the car.

Thread Starter #12
- In my opinion there is no need to worry. The car must have been at the stockyard for all this time.
- Did you check the ODO reading when you took the delivery of car?
- Ask your dealer about the stockyard where it might have been kept.

See, I got my car in November which was a June (6 damn months old) make and I haven't faced any problem till now apart from a feeble rattling noise from seats which is totally gone now. No issues at all now. In fact, I had a talk with my dealer on this process of getting months old manufactured cars. He said that its quite normal and its how car manufacturers operate.

In my case, it was a highline whose demand is less compared to TL or CL. And I suppose in your case, silver color's demand is also less. Hence, quite possibly a few models of silver were made and due to less demand they were lying at stockyards.

I suggest you to cool down, do not think much about it and enjoy the ride.
You are right I should spend more time on enjoying the car. Drove down from Mysore to Bangalore (150 Kms) today, the car is amazing did not feel the lag. Love the gear indicator [:)], the improved music system is also top notch!

My take would be wait for sometime let the breakin period finish and then make any modifications. Till then njoy your ride.

Planning on getting the diesel tuning kit fixed. Guys whats your take on it?[thinking]
Congrats on your Polo. I wish you spend many happy miles with it.

I have seen a few silver Polos on the road. The finish of the silver paint is amazing. On aa lighter note therefore, the cost of denting/painting this colour would also be amazing.

Don't go for any tuning kit. It would almost 100% void your warranty. Enjoy your car stock. Volkswagens are very expensive to maintain and therefore if anything happens to your car and the warranty gets void due to installation of the tuning kit, you'd be looking at five digit figures for repairs to your car. Volkswagen dealers show no mercy in extracting money from owners of its cars.

P.s.: Take the extended warranty. You'll thank me later.

Top Bottom